Masters Running

Belly up to the weight loss thread (Read 469 times)

SteveP

My Dr. told me to watch my waist line...To make this easier, I've gotten it way out there.

207 LBS

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Actually, I thought you looked pretty svelte in those recent 5k pics.  You are carrying your weight well....

The doc said that mild tummy virus I had was lasting 2-3 weeks for most people, so maybe that's been making me feel heavier than I am, because my tummy has felt bloated and large, so I was surprised to find that I am holding my own, weightwise, still at 113.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

170.  Up a half.  And the holidays are here.  I've got my work cut out for me.

I must be lower than this January 1.

Not at it at all. 

Holly - At least your know it wasn't your imagination . . . . OR that you were pregnant.

I, too, was quite surprised to get on the scales yesterday and see 142.  I thought for sure I'd be around 145/146, considering my eating habits at conference last weekend.  Shocked the heck outta me.  (The weight, not the eating habits.)

I'll have to really watch myself over the next couple of weeks, though, as taper begins Monday.  Boo hoo - and just in time for Thanksgiving.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

I'll have to really watch myself over the next couple of weeks, though, as taper begins Monday.

Taper is wrapping up for me and I managed to gain 3 pounds in two weeks.  Oops.

Be safe. Be kind.

Holly - i think i have a bit of what you did -- just bouts of nausea on and off all week - kind of like motion sickness - dont like it and makes me want comfort foods!!

ok - so since we're getting the numbers out there i'm going to be brave too...........

i was 139 when i jumped back into this thread............135 last friday ............136 today.........need to keep working at it - my goal weight right now is 129

thanks for all the support we give each other!!

denise

Taper is wrapping up for me and I managed to gain 3 pounds in two weeks.  Oops.

If this is suppose to be comforting, you are seriously failing in your efforts.  Maybe you should rethink that whole "motivational speaker" thing. 

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Tramps

If this is suppose to be comforting, you are seriously failing in your efforts.  Maybe you should rethink that whole "motivational speaker" thing. 

I thought I could serve as a motivational bad example.

Be safe. Be kind.

I thought I could serve as a motivational bad example.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Sigh - still 124 and I kind of thought I was doing better this week. There's 5 Peanut M&M's left in the bowl, and I think both my DH and I are embarrassed to eat what's left.

Looking a little "iffy" for pigging out on Thanksgiving Day. And the 5 mile turkey trot I'm running gives a pumpkin pie to all of the finishers. Temptation coming at me from all directions!

Why is it so easy to put the pounds on and so tough to take them off?

Marathon Maniac #957

There's 5 Peanut M&M's left in the bowl, and I think both my DH and I are embarrassed to eat what's left.

Just send them on over to me....I'm NEVER too embarrassed to eat peanut M&M's.......

A free pie to ALL the finishers?  That's a lot of pie!  Who bakes them all?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Just send them on over to me....I'm NEVER too embarrassed to eat peanut M&M's.......

A free pie to ALL the finishers?  That's a lot of pie!  Who bakes them all?

What's your address? I'll put them in one of those padded mailing bags.

The run is sponsored by a local grocery store chain. I've been doing this one for about 4 or 5 years now, and they usually get around 400-500 people. The good news is, most people don't take the pies and then the store gives them to one of the homeless shelters or food pantries.

evanflein

I was doing pretty good this week, and then the holiday potluck lunch at work struck. Oy.
                            Mariposai

I was doing pretty good until travels two weeks in the row struck ..next week is Thanksgiving...I better watch  out. Here I am humbly joining the batman on this effort.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard