Masters Running

Woo Hoo! It's the Boston Marathon Thread! (Read 58 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  Take us along to Boston with you, will ya?  If you're running Boston, give us your number so we can follow along and cheer you on.  Seriously--I have so much fun watching that little guy on the screen going up the Boston Marathon route.  I get excited as I watch the splits come in and watch you knock off the miles.  Hey--why don't you give us your goals, too, so we know if you're on target, or not.  Man, I'm already getting excited!

evanflein

Mike, have you ever run Boston? I bet you'd do great, and I know you've got qualifying times...

CNYrunner  17201

rtravers  27380

Orange Mat  23121

Aamos  16478

Marj    28099

who am I missing? (thanks Starr, I added Marj)

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike, have you ever run Boston? I bet you'd do great, and I know you've got qualifying times...

Yes, I did the 100th in 1996.  It was my 4th marathon and my 3rd state (before I knew I was going to do all the states). I did not have a very good experience, to be honest, and I did not do very well.  I have thought about going back to get my revenge...but...I have these other states to get through.

CNYrunner  17201

rtravers  27380

Orange Mat  23121

Aamos  16478

who am I missing?

marj is running too!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

mrrun

I really don't want to be tracked - my time will hopefully be less then combined aamos & cny, but not much!

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!  I have all my runners I want to follow entered and I have a pot of coffee brewing...now, I just need my boss to stay away for awhile.

Along with the ladies, listed above (except for Marj, who doesn't want to be tracked), I'm tracking a girl that I did a Ragnar Relay with a few years ago and a lady from Minnesota who I met out in Washington at the Light of the End of the Tunnel Marathon...they are both very good runners.

Okay--let's get the show on the road!

I really don't want to be tracked - my time will hopefully be less then combined aamos & cny, but not much!

marj

......marj//............you're THERE, and that's what counts........

plus they let you keep the Hat

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm pretty sure I just saw Jay standing at the start of the wheelchair race.

Mike E

MM #5615

Those wheeler's are so dang inspiring.  They haven't let their "handicap" stop them from being athletes and competing at the highest level.

Mike E

MM #5615

And they're off!  The women are on their way!

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay--that was cool--Neely--out in front--reached out and gave a kid a high five.

Mike E

MM #5615

My friends from MN: WG through 10k in 43:46 and ES through 5k in 23:51.

dg.

ok I'm late to the party.... (I'm late to everything!!!)

but I'm at least kind of here.    can't miss this.    busier than usual so will be slightly less obsessive...

um.  do we have snacks?

Mike E

MM #5615

Just a couple of granola bars...but you're welcome to one.

Mike E

MM #5615

WG through 15k in 1:05:40

Karin through 5k in 24:16--Go Karin!

Amy through 5k in 24:41!  Go Amy!