Masters Running

Mooooooooove off the scale...... (Read 465 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I am a big fat cow.

All of my efforts at not gaining weight during taper have come to naught.  I’m up 2 lbs this week. 

Drat!

And I haven’t even BEGUN to carbload...

Maybe I can ROLL down the hills at Boston....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Beginner all over again

Moo....

Me too.  I'm not going to Boston (yet...)  but where did all this weight come from

Have a great Marathon! I'm sure your weight will settle back down soon enough for you!

dg.

I haven't been posting here because I'm so behind everywhere but can't resist.  Holly I've met you.   Everytime you say this you make me laugh.

Renee the dog

Sooo, I'm back. I started Lent after Easter .  Down from 135.8 to 132.4 as of today.  I'm restricting my calorie count to 1800 or 1900 per day, depending on the day.  I've figured out I CAN SUBTRACT better than I can add!  So, I put the number at the top of the page per day, and subtract out of it as the day progresses.  Only overshot the total one day (yesterday). 

I'm trying to break 130 before I go to FL next month.  Just ramping back up on running - tomorrow, for instance, I have an 8 miler scheduled...don't worry, I'll up the overall calorie intake by a couple hundred. 

The other trick I'm doing right now to keep me motivated is to wear all my clothing that is snug but not disgusting looking.  The snugness is reminding me of my goal.  Here's hoping it works for awhile longer!

Holly, don't you always gain weight during taper?  Or am I confusing you with someone else?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

ok - as of Tuesday I am really getting serious - no really i mean it serious..........lol --- i know i've said this before but i really mean it ....... serious!!

and dg i so agree - holly rolling -- she is the tiniest little thing ever!!  so cute -- cant wait for Sunday!!

denise

Prince of Fatness

168.  Down a half, but more importantly I've been able to keep it under 170 since the beginning of March so I am trending downward.  I've just got to keep it rolling, but not like Holly. 

Not at it at all. 

TammyinGP

yeah, having met Holly also, the words "big fat cow" are simply impossible. you are too hard on yourself Holly. Weight fluctuates by a couple pounds on almost any given day - so it's not "fat" pounds that are reflected by the scale numbers.

I didn't weigh at all this week, but I'm thinking I'm right about the same.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

yeah, having met Holly also, the words "big fat cow" are simply impossible. you are too hard on yourself Holly. Weight fluctuates by a couple pounds on almost any given day - so it's not "fat" pounds that are reflected by the scale numbers. Ditto Tammy!!! Heck, I fluctuate 4 to 5 pounds sometimes on any given day....for no apparent reason. I ran 50 miles in 3 days last weekend counting Monday too, and that is where I was up 5 pounds???? but back to normal as of yesterday. So, I never really gained 5 pounds, or I would stay there (Thurs) - Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

#artbydmcbride

Little chubby cow?  Big grin

Runners run

The other trick I'm doing right now to keep me motivated is to wear all my clothing that is snug but not disgusting looking. 

I agree with the crowd Holly. I've seen recent pictures of you (you and Karin at the UConn game) and you are NOT a big fat cow!  And what's with the men? All they have to do is THINK about losing weight and they drop 2 or 3 pounds without even trying. That is so not fair!

I'm taking my victories in small increments this week. Haven't lost any, but haven't gained any either. DH is taking me out for dinner tonight, though. Looks like I'll have to find something snug, but not too disgusting to wear so I don't eat so much.

Marathon Maniac #957

Little chubby cow?  Big grin

Cowlita?

Ooompa Loompa?

Denise - I'm right there with you.  This is my fun weekend, and so I will consider it a failure if I don't come home several lbs heavier and with a hangover...........

.....but next Tuesday I am really, really going to get on the "lose 5 lbs" bandwagon.  Next Friday will start the "Only 5 Weeks Until I Have to Appear In Public in a Swimsuit" challenge.   

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

All they have to do is THINK about losing weight and they drop 2 or 3 pounds without even trying. That is so not fair!

I got a good chuckle out of this.  This might be true if there were no such thing as beer in this world, but alas.

Not at it at all. 

I forgot to weigh today, but I weighed in Monday when I got home, and I'd gained almost 5 lbs.!  After 50 miles on Saturday!  Gotta be fluid retention from all the salt intake.  At least that's the excuse I'm using.

I definitely need to get serious about getting back to 140.  Calorie counting - how in the hell do you do that without having to look up everything little thing you eat?  Seriously.  I've tried in the past and have given up after a couple of days because I just don't know enough about what has X-number of calories.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

this seemed sort of relevant to today's discussion.

Non Sequitur

figured out a smaller size

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Great cartoon, Stumpy!!

Got on the scale after work.  Down to 145.  Whew!  Musta been water retention.

-----

-----

-----

But I have to confess - - - I'm addicted to Junior Mints.  *sigh* I need an intervention.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance