Masters Running

Friday November 8 Runs and What-Not (Read 43 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Here's a photo I lifted from the race proofs:

I will put together a race repot this weekend.  I did not take a camera along the course, and would like to get some photos from my friend Tara's phone when she downloads them to include.

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of light weights and core.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow!  Great photo!

coastwalker

Wow! Holly and Mike are up at COD this morning!

Holly, that is a fantastic photo!

Looks like it is going to be a great weekend at the Mariposai house!

Lots of weather fluctuations going on all over, creating wardrobe challenges (not to be confused with malfunctions).

5.8 racewalking miles this morning under clear, star-filled skies, and in 34F temps (almost 20 degrees cooler than yesterday morning). I have a busy day today, so I used the time on the roads to remind myself of the "must dos" for today. Tomorrow I'm hosting a racewalking clinic with a guest instructor (who will easily win the walking div. of Sunday's half). A niece and her DH are arriving in the afternoon to stay with us overnight because the DH is running the half,. And then we have to make sure that Stumpy, MilkTruck and everyone else has a good time at the half on Sunday. Weather's looking good (40s-50s, partly cloudy), and our team in ready so I'm hoping for a good day all around.

Good luck and fleet feet to all of this weekend's racers!!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Tomorrow I'm hosting a racewalking clinic with a guest instructor (who will easily win the walking div. of Sunday's half).

Jay - where and when.  we may try to come up.

Holly - awesome picture.  I can't wait to see the other pictures

Good luck to all racers - fleet feet and wind at your back

Marj

Tramps

Awesome photo, Holly.  You should buy that puppy and get it blown up into a poster!

Like Jay, our one-day warm up has passed and we've got nice cool temps this morning.  EZ 4 miler for me.

Good luck to all the racers!

11/09 pfriese - Worlds Highest Hill 5 mile Race, Poteau OK

11/09 IBleedUnionBlue - Veterans 1/2 Marathon, Columbia City IN

11/10 IBleedUnionBlue - Moulton Turkey Trot 1/2 Marathon, Moulton OH

11/10 CNYrunner - USATF-NE, xc championship races, Franklin Park, Boston, MA

11/10 MilkTruck - Seacoast Half, Portsmouth, NH

11/10 Stumpy77 - Seacoast Half Portsmouth, NH

11/10 Mississippi - Outer Banks Marathon

11/10 C-R - Hoosier Classic 4K, IN

11/10 C-Rjr- Hoosier Classic 3K, IN

(I'd be lost without Ilene's thread!)

Be safe. Be kind.

Wow, Holly.  You need to get that Photo and frame it up big.  Beautiful!  The scenery's not too bad either.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

If I ever had a race shot turn out that good, I would even consider paying the normally exorbinate  (?) costly prices they charge.

Broke out the tights for the first time this morning--November and 34° made it seem like time.  3.8 miles at "where'd that come from" 9:19 pace.  Hope it 's a good sign for Sunday.

see you then, Jay.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...Holly//..........what a Gorgeous Picture........

MS//..........next time I ride my bike, I'm planning on trying the ''Mount from the Lef''t Technique

What could

possibly go Wrong??

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

I love that photo Holly.

A ZZ Top song comes to mind.

Got my arse kicked in a 1.5 hr spin class last night.

No run this am...could hardly pedal to work.

Mariposai

Magazine cover foto!!!

No run, just 30 minutes of total body workout that had me sweating!

Off to work, then to get ready to welcome Dievechief to the posie hut. Enkephalin arrives tomorrow! Yiiipiee!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

I love that Holly. I may buy the picture for myself and put it on my office wall.

Good to see Breger here more often, when he's not busy bullying football players down there.

Two days in a row of gorgeous weather. Got 5 in at easy pace. My legs are a bit tired from Sunday's Half, but I'm running okay. I'm going back to building mileage and racing less. I have just two more races for the year, our TG Day Turkey Trot 8-miler in Dallas, and the MetroPCS Dallas Half Marathon Dec. 8th.  Other than that it's just miles, flex work and core.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

That pic looks like it could my My Rave Run in RunnersWorld! Awesome. I hope you are planning on buying that one!

Short day at work, then 2nd half of company bowling tourney. Hopefully, I'll do better this week then I did last week.  Then I have a nice long weekend to look forward too. well, just a 3 day wknd, but it'll feel great since it'll be our first wknd in a month where we weren't moving stuff from MIL's apt. I still have fall yard cleanup I have to get done. Plus, we need to pressure wash the RV and get it covered for the season.

and running. yes, I will get in running. Might even do a long run of like 8 miles! woot! Joking

Tammy

Holly S. Great picture!  Normally, my pictures have this miserable looking old guy in them.  The one you have is just spectacular!  You look great.

coastwalker busy weekend coming up!  Best wishes for smooth sailing with all of your guests and the HM.

Tramps that reminds me to start posting my races on Ilene's thread!

stumpy77 in my case it would be from telling my legs the faster we go the sooner we get out of the cold!

tomwhite oh, I do not know.  Maybe strain something . . . Wink

Slo_Hand if a workout did that to you it must have been some workout!  I wonder what the rest of the class feels like today.  Dead <- my guess

Mariposai you and your guests will have a great weekend!  Note to divechief and Enkephalin if Mariposai tries to bite you run quickly.  That or run an axe through her head.  One or the other.  Zombie butterflies are nothing to fool around with!  Big grin

Spareribs I wish we had an 8 mile turkey trot around here.  Nearly all are 5k and my town has the longest one around and it is 5m.

evanflein are you aware it is still early November!  Icy eyelashes?!! Shocked

divechief I believe she has her own helicopter.  You might want to check though before waiting to get a lift from her. Joking

tselbs and lamerunner nice runs yesterday and at least not too cold out as yet.

C-R so how did your team do?

Jlynne hmm, might want to see if evanflein's neighborhood has any homes for sale.  Am I the only one on this board that descended from naked apes running around HOT African savannas? There were no 28° days or nights.

Yesterday was one of those days.  I had to get to NYC for a colloquium at 4:45pm.  So, off to the train station I go to catch the 3:27.  I get there and there is not a single parking space!  All right, plan B go to the next station down the line.  Head out to the highway and . . . and . . . sit in traffic. Black eye  Welcome to the 24/7 Connecticut crawl.  Plan C drive to NYC.  I cleverly switch from I-95 to I-15 which my phone app says is moving.  It does.  Until I get into NY state.  Ugh!!!  I finally made it up to the colloquium at 5:15.  Well, dinner was pretty good at least!  As to running, none yesterday or today.  Tomorrow I have a HM.  I am hoping it goes well as it is my final HM tuneup prior to the Kiawah Island Marathon next month.  However I do at the HM the marathon is booked along with the hotel so I am going ready or not!

P.S.  For the record, my Zombies Run! base now has more than twice the population of Mariposai's!  Just in case you need to survive a zombie apocalypse you might want to keep this in mind when deciding if you should head east or west to get away.  Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Text I received from a friend today:

Friday is like a super hero that always arrives just in time to stop me from savagely beating one of my coworkers with a key board!

I'm so glad I get off early on Fridays.  I generally work through lunch Monday-Thursday so I can get off even earlier.  Today I had time to go to the grocery and the library.  Now it's time to put on my comfy clothes and nurse this cold away.

Lots of racing going on this weekend - GO RACERS!

Off to make some ham and potato soup.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I haven't even been lurking, but I wanted to say GREAT PHOTO, Holly!!  That is definitely one worthy of purchasing and no smaller than an 8x10.  You usually only see photos that spectacular in magazines.

Okay  . . . going back into hiding . . . . Shy

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance