Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 2 (Read 357 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, here we are again...I wasn't sure how it would go with today's weigh-in, but it wasn't as bad as I thought - up a 1/2 lb from last week to 113.5. But that is still down 3.5 lbs overall since the start day (although we know that that original weight was partly water retention). Still, I'm happy with where I am today, especially considering I made peanut butter cookies and English Toffee last weekend... Smile Erika - I will admit that I deliberately chose NOT to have cup-a-soup yesterday, just in case that high sodium content might make me balloon up for today's weigh=in. Hope that's not cheating... Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dutchie42

Cry I'm up in weight: 131.6 pounds (US) this morning Cry Oh well, as long as i don't go over 132, cause then I've really gained. Holly: great that you're still down 3 pounds.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Where are those dancing banana's when you need them ..... Down 2.5 pounds overall since I skipped last week's weigh in. 136.4 this morning - woohoo! I didn't think I'd ever see the scale go down rather than up. Congratulations Holly!! Dutchie - hang in there!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

133.6...with horomones. And wine last night as a recovery drink from my little run. So, +1 for me. (At least I know the scale isn't broken since it delivered the exact weight for the first two weigh ins...) Keep up the good work!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Go figure - stayed the same after a couple of days of Christmas goodies. Still holding at 125 (about 5 pounds too much). I think I've figured out part of my problem, though. I stopped taking my hormone replacement meds a couple of weeks ago, and maybe my metabolism just needs to regulate itself. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Nono - my DH took me out for dinner last night and I did have a glass of wine, but I only ate half of my entree and didn't have any bread. Sad I miss that old saying: "life is short - eat dessert first." Great news for Mary and Holly - you guys are my role models! Save your fat clothes for me. Hang in there, everyone - we'll get through this.
              Down 1.5 from last week, 2.5 overall! Whoo hoo! Thanks, Holly, for getting this thread started. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

minus one pound Tongue

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Where are those dancing banana's when you need them .....
                  Just for you, Mary. Smile Also, I meant to tell you all thank you, because I usually put on 4-5 lbs between Thanksgiving and New Year's and this group is really motivating me to be more careful this year. THANKS!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

It sounds like everyone is doing a great job! With my lack of running over the last couple wks, I had no idea what to expect. But I was down 2 lbs from last week (1.8 to be exact). So, I think I'll give up this running thing because now that I'm rarely running, I'm losing weight Roll eyes Cool

Tammy

evanflein

Well Tammy, who knows there might be something to that! I find that higher mileage just really lights the fire under my appetite...! Holly, no that's not cheating at all. I typically avoid salt and drink more water before weigh in day! Good job on pretty much holding steady. I started this thing on a "low" actually. But I'm down a pound from last week to 143, so that's good to see! Sure would like to see a 13x someday, but that's been a looooong time!
                        I'm down to 141.6. Big grin That's a 4.4 pound difference from last week. I have no idea what's going. Mind you, I'm not complaining, I just don't understand the substantial fluctuations that I keep having. Although I never had my "time of the month" this last round, who knows (and NO, I'm not pregnant! Banish the thought!). When I got on the scale this a.m., the Hub says, "How's it look?" Me, waiting for scale to read, the thumbs up: "Back down almost to 140, where I need to be." Him: "Who says?" Me: "Me." Him: "Why?" Me: ""Cause that's 5 less pounds that I have to haul around when I'm running!" He gave me that look of "whatever." He seriously needs to lose like 40 pounds, so I definitely don't expect him to understand. Good job, ladies! (And guys, if they check in.) It definitely helps to have a support group!

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

I haven't done the official Thursday weigh-in, because I don't have a good scale at home. I use the scale at the rec center, which is a balance-type where you slide the weights on a bar. I was last at the rec center on Monday, and I weighed 121, which is up by one pound since this challenge started. I'm trying to maintain my weight, not lose any, so I guess +1 pound is within normal fluctuation. I just don't want to see +2 or +3... I would totally suck at going on a serious diet. I'm glad I don't have to. People who lose a lot of weight have my respect!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Leslie, my DH would like it if I gained another 10. I never knew him to like chunky women, but he does love curves. When he sees my weight, he says "add a few more and you've got perfection!" I know some women would like that, but it annoys the hell out of me.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Leslie, my DH would like it if I gained another 10. I never knew him to like chunky women, but he does love curves. When he sees my weight, he says "add a few more and you've got perfection!" I know some women would like that, but it annoys the hell out of me.
                              I right there with ya sista! My husband is the same way - I have to secretly go on diets or he gets mad about it.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Up one or two pounds, and can't blame it on water retention. It's those carbs I've been craving, and not running enough. just in time for Christmas, ugh!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."