Masters Running

Election Day Runs! (Read 34 times)

mrrun

Run, race walk, walk, bike - and there's always drive to your polling place - if you haven't already!

And post your activities and family with pictures!

Running this afternoon when it's warmer.

marj

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Run, race walk, walk, bike - and there's always drive to your polling place - if you haven't already!

And post your activities and family with pictures!

nice marj.

and even okay to crawl in some events

but I've never done it to the polls, . . . yet.

However, the wedding pictures, the new batman

and other posts from the year leave no doubt

that all's right with the world after all!

you too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, I voted early.  But was EXTREMELY dissappointed that all the election hoo-haa did not stop.

3.1 miles this morning in a brisk 31°.  almost light by the time i finished.  Doesn't make up for the completely dark that I now get leaving work at 5.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

stumpy77 yes, I am in another time zone. I am out in Phoenix. My SIL and her top dog are competing in the US Dog Agility Association's nationals. The games begin tomorrow and end on Sunday.

My quads are starting to recover post race. In another good sign I am starting to get antsy about not working out. Since Saturday there has been no running, no getting on the elliptical and no gym work.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Well, I voted early.  But was EXTREMELY dissappointed that all the election hoo-haa did not stop.

.......it that made it stop, we ALL would have Voted Early....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Yes, please, make it stop!  As if.....

5 miles for me this morning on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Yesterday was a not great 4-mile run and today was a so-so trip to the gym.  I'll just keep going through the motions and eventually it'll feel good again.

I could have voted early in WV but I haven't seen the election day process here since we moved back, so I waited until today and went to vote at my polling place.

I have pretty much turned off the news for the past couple months and I don't expect much to change no matter the outcome.  (Nice attitude, eh?)

evanflein

Wow, where is everyone? Interesting thing about election day: by the time the polls close in the Eastern time zone, it's only 4 pm here, and 3 pm in Hawaii. By the time the polls close in the Central time zone, we're just getting off work. I remember when I was in high school my parents saying they shouldn't release any results or projections until all polls close. And that was 40 years ago, way before the time of news being instant and everywhere. DH and I voted this morning on our way in to work, so didn't have any updates (not that it would've swayed our choices anyway). Now we can watch CNN and all the other news sites scrambling all over themselves trying to call various states one way or the other. Really quite an incredible process.

Got out for a run this afternoon at probably the best time of the day, maybe a half hour or so later than ideal. Still, nice out there with the sun bright low in the clear sky, temps about perfect for how I was dressed (16° I think), and the bike path had been plowed yesterday so footing was pretty good. 5.6 miles total with a good sized hill in the middle.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

ran 5 in morning and went to work

Wife and i voted at noon

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

SteveP

Welcome Tom 1961.

SteveP

Dave59

tom1961 - I work in Charleston and live in Barboursville.  Do run any of the local races in the area? I guess by your tag line, the answer is no.