Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, w/e 11/08 (Read 406 times)

"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming." (Frank Shorter)

Have a great week, folks.  Tallies later . . .

Ev - 29 running miles (Looks like he has official crawled out of the non-running black hole.)

Lyndenrunner - 30 running miles (Doing great, Gordon, after a prolonged absence)

Eliza - 7.3 running miles, 8.5 walking miles (And now marathon training . . . )

Erika - 21.8 miles run, 1 hr 10 min pool running, 30 min (3.24 miles) elliptical, 2 x weights/abs (47 minutes), abotu a mile walking (that I measured). A good week, I guess, with something evry day. (Very good week, indeed.)

Dutchie - 55 min strength training, 7 kms doggie walking (Very good come back from being sick, sick, sick)

Carol - 5.5 running miles, 1 walking mile (and quite a bit of sickness in between *cough* *sniffle*)

dg - 18.2 miles running,  much more walking w/doggie, (porr thing, i was neglecting her), 25 min. ellipticalling, 29 min. recumbent biking, 2 hrs. 15 min. strength stuff (and with a much happier, no longer neglected pup)

pfriese - 31.1 running miles and lots of walking around DC (nice and laid back after a fabulous week last week)

fatozzig - 18.1 road miles, 14.40 trail miles, 30 min stationary cycling, 30 min core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Awake at 5:30 anyway.  Bummer

Tues - 30 min cycling OR 3 miles running; core/strength ---------------------- 30 min cycling; 1 hr core/strength

Wed - 10 miles w/strides ---------------------------------------------------------------- 10 miles w/strides and hills, 9:59 ap

Thurs - 30 min cycling OR 3 iles running; core/strength ------------------------ 30 min cycling; 1 hr core/strength

Fri - Rest ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Felt good to sleep in a bit

Sat - 20 trail miles -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 19.1 trail miles in 5:05

Sun - 13 miles ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13.1 road miles in 2:14 (approx)

Totals: 23.1 road miles, 19.1 trail miles, 60 min stationary cycling, 2 hrs core/strength

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mon-5 miles

Tue-Off

Wed-Off

Thur-3 miles

Fri-3 miles

Sat-3 miles

Sun-10 miles

Total=24 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        evanflein

Hey Leslie! I've got some travel stuff later this week, just to Anchorage for meetings but could throw a wrench in my workout week.

Monday: 40 minutes pool running

Tuesday: Rest day, unplanned

Wednesday: 40 minutes elliptical (4.67 miles), 22 minutes weights

Thursday: Sat in meetings all day, coveting Leslie's 10 mile run

Friday: 2.1 easy miles run, .5 mile walked, 20 minutes on the elliptical (I'm calling it 2.3 miles, no distance on it)

Saturday: 5.35 miles progressive pace on the treadmill (first mile @ 8:49, next 2.5 @ 8:34, next mile @ 8:20, last .85 @ 7:30), .66 mile walk (.33 mile w/u and c/d)

Sunday: 30 min (3.58 miles) elliptical, 50 minutes weights/abs, 30 mins. pool running.

Totals: 7.45 miles running, 1.2 miles walking, 2 x weights (1 hr 12 min), 1 hr 30 min. (10.6 miles) elliptical, 1 hr 10 min pool running.

Too many rest days (2) and not enough running... but probably just what I needed in that respect.

Week 1 of marathon training.  Halloween's over, but that's scaring me!

Monday (XT) walked just under 45 minutes - 2.6 miles - on track so far for the week; this marathon training thing isn't so hard after all - LOL

Tuesday (run 30 minutes)  done; walked 1.0; ran 2.5; still ranting about it being dark when I go out to run after work, but I did enjoy the beautiful moonrise!

Wednesday (XT) still at school after 5:00; rehearsal and ball game tonight; AND my AT is barking at me = rest; will walk on the boardwalk after rehearsal Friday

Thursday (run 30 minutes) done; walked the usual 1.0; ran 2.5; dark and now cold (well, chilly) and raining; felt good, though and am staying on track  Smile

Friday (rest)  didn't feel like driving to the shore in the dark, so stayed home to do Sunday's 3 miles; also walked 1.0; nice to get it finished before dark

Saturday (walk) walked 2.7 on the boardwalk on a beautiful sunny day

Sunday (run 3) walked 1.0 and ran a little more than Thursday's leftover 30 minutes - 2.6 miles

Marathon Training Week 1:  DONE!  walked 9.3; ran 10.7 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Welcome back full time, Les.

Monday.......5miles.............5miles

Tues...........6miles.............6miles

Wed............rest..................rest

Thurs..........rest..................rest

Friday.........9miles.............6miles

Sat..............3miles.............no run

Sun.............10miles...........10miles

Total....27miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              Dutchie42

Hi Leslie, how was the vacation?

Last week was all about my recovery from being sick. This week I'm rebuilding again, starting slow and easy. I have no plan. I'll just see how it goes.

Mon ---> 3.1K on the TM: 3min@9K then 1min walkbreak. Repeat.

Tue --->another very very easy 3.0K run on the TM. This time 1 kilometer@9K then 1 min walk break. Repeat 2x Felt good! Added on a 20min LB w/o with weighted and non-weighted exercises. Gosh, I'm soooo not fit. Still two pounds down from being sick. Maybe I can keep it off?

Wed -->I did Runerval 1.0 by Coach Troy on the TM, taking walk breaks when he said recovery after each set. Managed to run 4.5K total. HR was way up there, but my legs thought it was doable.

Thu --->This morning it was endurance strength training: 20min LB, 38 min UB and 10 min abs. And now I have to run errands 

Fri -----> Did Runerval 3.0 on the TM. I knew I wasn't fit enough for it, so I tried to keep up with the speed intervals as best I could and ignored all the inclines. And whenever Coach Troy said recovery pace, I just walked! Managed to do 6.5K in 44:43min. I used to be able to do 7+K, but that time will come again.

Sat ---->

Sun --->

Eliz: when's the marathon?

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie - Vacation was great.  Beautiful colors in the New England area.

Glad you're feeling better.  Take care of yourself as you continue to recover.  Lots and lots of people getting sick here at RA, as well as here where I live.  Went at lunch to get a regular flu shot.  Nothin' doin'.  Nobody has any.

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - 8 miles

T - 8 miles

W - 8 miles

Th - 8 miles

F - rest day

Sa - 18 miles

Su - 4.5 miles

Total - 54.5 miles

Paul

Dutchie - May 2, 2010.  Only 102 training runs away!  

flomotioncoaching.com

Hey everyone!  Leslie's back, and Evryday took care of us whilst she was gone Smile.

Eliz, you're on your way to that May 2010 marathon! 

Dutchie, take it easy there...good for you for listening to your bod and letting it drive.

I'm on the comeback trail from the crud too, and am going with the highly scientific WB training program right now (Weather Based Training = peeking out the door to check the weather.  Then doing something outside if it's nice, or going to the gym if it's not) 

Monday - Biked 12.5 miles

Tuesday - Ran 3.3 miles (with dog, so a few pee, roll and sniff stops along the way)

Wednesday - Biked 12.3 miles (WBT plan called for outdoor activity)

Thursday - 3 mile walk/run

Friday - 800 meters swimming (it was nice outside, but needed to get back in the water before I forget how)

Saturday - Ran 4 miles, walked 0.5 miles

Sunday -

Progress Trumps Pefection
                        dg.

welcome back, Leslie! 

sooo, for now, just this.

day      plan   actual
                           mon  

25 min. of new dvd

tues    6.11 miles, 9:48 pace
                           wed    walk/ run, 15 min. pt things
                           thurs    5.02 miles, 7 or 8 fartleks, 9:48 pace. again.
                           fri    2 walk/runs with happy dog. :-), & 1/2 hr. core stuff
                           sat    walk/run with happy dog
                           sun  

. 12.13, 9:57 pace but did not count water stops.

tangible evidence of my good intentions to fill this in tomorrow.      I'm so tired, I want to go to bed right now.  Wanted to a half an hour ago.    but it's only 7:30.   sigh.  maybe some corework. better than washing dishes, yes? 

Carol, I like your WB training program.  Wink

totals...25 miles running, 1 hr 15 min. assorted strength training, lots more walking but I'm not really tracking that yet.   did not make it to the gym.  what a bum.