SteveP

dg.

06/19 evanflein - Midnight Sun Run 10k

06/19 CNYrunner - 3rd annual Northampton Mile, Northampton, MA

06/19 WaltRB - 3rd annual Northampton Mile, Northamptom, MA

06/19 deez4boyz - Mt Washington Road Race, NH

06/19 KellyDodge - Legendary 5k, South Lake Tahoe CA

06/19 Trent - Grandma's Marathon, Duluth MN

go racers!!!!!!!!!   good luck everybody!

anybody in the Northampton area, make sure things are secured (duct tape is available at package pickup)... lawn furniture, trash cans, small-medium sized trees.    children & pets.  Big grin

Renee the dog

Just crawled out of bed after last night's "Yoga in the Vineyard" that I attended.  It was an hour and 15 min of yoga, followed by a wine and cheese pairing tasting.  Wine was good; cheese was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, and the yoga was really excellent too. I had a spot at the back of the tent (no sides), so everything we did that looked upward, I had an excellent view of the sky. 

As soon as the kids get up, it's a beach morning, then I'll run after lunch (TM today). 

GOOOOOO RACERS!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg....

5 easy this AM. Race this evening, but first a pretty full afternoon in N'hampton with the girls.

Good luck Trent, Slo, and all the other racers!

Walt

...still

laughing over dg's post.......

..............driving to Ky after work, will run when I get back......

.......................good running to the rest of ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

06/19 evanflein - Midnight Sun Run 10k

06/19 CNYrunner - 3rd annual Northampton Mile, Northampton, MA

06/19 WaltRB - 3rd annual Northampton Mile, Northamptom, MA

06/19 deez4boyz - Mt Washington Road Race, NH

06/19 KellyDodge - Legendary 5k, South Lake Tahoe CA

06/19 Trent - Grandma's Marathon, Duluth MN

Ditto : good luck everyone!

3.5 easy this morning after 3.5 hours of cross training with the lawn mower last night. I think for kicks I'll check how far I walk next time I mow. I bet its not as far as I think.

Happy trails

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #957

Dg -

Nono - that sounds like fun!

17 miles (ave 9:53)  for me today in a muggy, then rainy 70-ish.  I wanted to go 18 miles, but my knee started acting up so I cut it a little short.  Even though I feel pretty good, it has only been 2 weeks since my 50K, so I need to watch it.  Plus my legs were pretty darn tired and I was ready to quit.

Go Racers!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

5 miles finished before I melted

Larry 3.5 hours of mowing is certainly serious cross training. 

nono,  wine, cheese & yoga   

Go RA racers!

Have a Great Weekend!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

King of PhotoShop

I too am pretty excited about Walt and CNY doing that mile today.  The mile is an extraordinarily difficult event and it takes a tough runner to do it well. i hope they both have a great race.  And Ek is doing her tenK tonight and has been running well, so I look forward to hearing about that.

Nice going on the 17 Holly.  It is very tough to run long in the mugginess. I am hoping to do a nice LR tomorrow but down here there is no "safe" time of the morning to do it.

4 today.  Spareribs

A Saucy Wench

Go Racers!!!!

I slogged my way through 6 miles this morning.  I'm still wiped out from Wednesdays leg session.  Hopefully I have a longish run in me tomorrow.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

HI DG!!!

Hey, my dad is really strange.

When it was dark out, he got up and went to go bye bye. I really really needed to go with him..He said "no" but I maked a sad puppy face and he taked me. I was all happy going for a bye bye ride in the truck. He taked me to his work!!! I got in back and laid down. He maked me get out cause the truck would get too hot.

At Dad's work there was a big old truck parked!! Maybe it had lots of ice cream in it!!!! I went run run run to the back. All it had was windows. My dad took out all of the windows and he was startiung to smell bad. After a really long time, all the windows were out of the truck..

I was all happy, then we could go run run run!!!  My darn dad had other ideas. He taked a big old empty truck and parked it. Then he put all the windows he got from the other truck and put them in the big old  truck he just got. How dumb is that??? Now he smells really bad and Mom is gonna make him have a bath.

That's like three hours of my life I'll never get back. That's like 21 dog hours!!! We gotta do something with this guy.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

evanflein

Poor Tag. The things you have to put up with.

I hope it's not too hot at Grandmas today. A friend of mine ran that a couple years ago and really roasted.

Go CNY and Walt! I agree, DG. Tie everything down tonight!

The problem with races at 10 pm is you have ample opportunities to over do "stuff" during the day and ruin your race before you start. I've got a lot of things to do today, but will try to rest or put my feet up sometime this afternoon.

Watching soccer... Here's my favorite player:

anachrotech

A big 2.15 run/walk miles for me.  Why yes, I'm starting over for the 7,400,032,563rd time. 

Handsome dude there Erika!  Good Luck on your race tonight, just don't pig out on fettucini alfredo an hour before the race (3 hours is ok - I've tried it and had the best run of my life)

I imagine running a mile race to be pretty painful.  Hope our racers do well and bring home some trophies.

So I run today 4.5 hours later than yesterday, but I get on the first page today?  You east coasters like to sleep in on the weekends I guess.

My run sucked.  I forgot my Garmin and had a slight panic attack.  No iPOD, no Garmin, I felt nekkid.  Then I realized how stupid that was as I know this 6 mile route inside out.  But at 5 miles my calf started to cramp/hurt so I had to take walking breaks.  Then my butt and hip on the same side started to hurt too and I was almost limping. I was very dejected.  Figured no run tomorrow.  But now that I am home everything feels fine, just a little "used", go figure.  I really want to do 4 miles tomorrow to hit 20 for the week, slowly ramping back up after that cold took me down for two weeks.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."