Masters Running

Monday, Monday - November 16 Daily Runs and Stories (Read 635 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Again a big Congratulations to our new Running Maniac.

Holly - that "encounter" yesterday was very creepy.   I hope you run with your phone and some pepper spray!

This morning was an "I can't sleep, so I might as well run" morning.   4 miles with the Brinkster - 9:38 pace - 9:59 / 9:32 / 9:28 / 9:31 - 157 AHR

For those that didn't see last nights post, I did really well at my craft show this past weekend.   It was a lot of work, but the outcome made it all worth while.   I think I'll do a spring/summer show and late fall just to keep it going.   We'll see.   In the meantime I have special orders to fill and am planning an open house at home to sell more.

Happy Monday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning Mary. Congrats on your big day of sales - I knew you would do well! Now that your inventory is way down, I know what you'll be doing these next few months. Nice run with Brinkley this morning. I'll bet he was glad to have you home.

((( Erika))) Sending a virtual shoulder to lean on today... take care of yourself.

Congratulations to Perch and Tammy (and anyone else I may have missed). First in your age group and another marathon maniac. Great running to you both.

Holly - that was creepy to say the least. You always feel like you're safe running in broad daylight, but you never know. Take safety precautions, okay?

Karin - happy birthday to super granny and your DH. Are you baking a cake?

Wildchild - you guys have had a couple of good winter blasts already. Beautiful pictures - both inside and out.

I had a 40 mile week last week - most miles in one week for me since last summer. This morning, out at 4:30 in 26° temps and no wind - first time in long pants. I did 5.5 miles at a 9:07 pace followed with 5 minutes of jumping rope and some stability ball exercises. As I was running down the street near Lambeau Field, I saw two guys in Packers jackets walking down the middle of the road. They were quite "cheery" and I wonder if they had just come from a tailgating party. They hollered "it's too early to be out running." I felt like yelling back "it's too late to be leaving a tailgate party."

Have a great Monday everyone.

Tramps

Lou—what was up with the HR Sunday?  New BP meds, still?

Holly—impressive long run yesterday!  Sorry about the creepy guy  (Listen to Karin; she is wise.)

Francesca—that was quite a weekend of running…but “normal” for you, right?  8000 feet in change!

Henry—I laughed at Marj’s comment about MM’s. I can just imagine.

Carolyn—that snow is pretty but brrrrrr.   Hey, we have almost the exact same woodstove in our living house!  Your floor is beautiful; it must retain/radiate heat very well.
        Mary—congrats on your show.  That must be a lot of work.

Eliz—Star Wars?  Sounds like fun.

((((Erika)))) I hope all turns out well on the homefront.

In other sports….what the heck was Bill Belichick thinking last night?  Nuts.

Easy 5.2 @ 8:32 on an IRC morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Holly please don't take this the wrong way since you know how Gorgeous and Fabulous I think you are.  And I'm seriously considering stalking you in Boston for 26.2 miles.  But I think this is an education moment for your DS.

Please tell your DS nicely and in the right environment (with your DH there for his encouragement/support as a man) that assaults, rapes, etc. are about Control, not Sex.  It can happen to anyone at any time if the circumstances are wrong.  A valuable lesson for him as he grows and matures.

Congratulations Mary on your succesful weekend show.

That was a perfect comeback, Jlynne.

3.5 recovery paced miles this morning.  Tinman sent me my plans for now through the end of December.  He wants me to relax and take it fairly easy through the Holidays.  Okay.  I can do that.  (But we'll have to wait and see whether I actually will.) 

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

I think this is an education moment for your DS.

Please tell your DS nicely and in the right environment (with your DH there for his encouragement/support as a man) that assaults, rapes, etc. are about Control, not Sex.  It can happen to anyone at any time if the circumstances are wrong.  A valuable lesson for him as he grows and matures.

What an excellent point, Bill. 

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning!

Thank you all for the good wishes yesterday!

Thank you Tramps and your wonderful DW for putting up with me... I mean putting me up Smile   You guys are great, that was fun!

2 mile walk with Tory and Sadie in beautiful crisp 41°

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Good to see you back on the road, Perch!  I would like to read a race report from you... you need to tell folks what we halfers missed... I hear there was some nice scenery on the road not taken.

(water falls?)

Beerger!  Thank you for writing your response to Holly.  This needs to be emphasized more often.

Hopeful Mary, congratulations on your success.  I love your spirit.

Jlynne, I like reading about where you run, I always think of beer and cheese for some reason.  Nice mileage.

Tramps! 

48° F

IRC

5 recovery miles in 49:02.

I love to run.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Mariposai

I love to run.

ditto...Great half marathon there miss rosie.

jlynne congrats on your 40 mile a week! That is a huge accomplishment.

BQByll, you are one adorable man.

Mary, I was wondering how your weekend went for you. I am glad to hear that sales were good. Do you have a website?

Francesca, wow 8000 feet change...you are amazing. Oh, RE: Italian meal yesterday I purposely planned to cook a lot yesterday so the boys can have some food in the fridge while my absence from the house this week.

Eliz, my DH would have loved to be at your "star wars" fun event.

Ribs,  I am so proud of my coach...what an amazing 30k he ran recently.

6:20

35F

6 sproinky miles this morning. I did not expect for the legs to feel so good after hitting the canyon for 10 miles yesterday.

Much to do this morning, house to clean, kitchen to mop, bills to pay before I leave for the airport this afternoon. I will be traveling to Princeton, NJ were I have a speaking engagement on Wednesday and Thursday. My lucky wings will visit NYC again tomorrow . On Thursday night I will have another twocat and the gorgeous Mrs.twocat sighting. I can't wait. I just love hanging out with them. They are both adorable and so much fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary – I’m so glad your show went well!  Although I’m not surprised.

Breger – good point.  Like Tetsujin said, to my 12yo DS, I am old and yucky, lol.  He thinks that only young, pretty girls have anything to fear from creepy guys.  I don’t normally run on that section of the trail except for the weekends, but I’ll keep my eyes out (even more than I usually do), next week.

CNYrunner – awesome that Super Granny is still going strong at 99!

Mariposai - you lucky girl, NYC and Twocat again!  Maybe you can talk him out of his favorite muffin recipe. 

No run for me today, light x-training instead: dead lifts, weighted squats, single leg bridges, triceps extensions, front raises, bench dips, dumbbell curls, chin-ups and stability ball crunches.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Congrats again to our Perch!

Enjoy your travels Mariposai - it almost seems like you are busier now than you were with your old job? Is this traveling part of a new job that maybe I missed an announcement about?

Holly, I agree with Bill and others that have said not only to be very careful but this is also a great education experience for your DS about what makes these stalker types tick and it's not the sexual thrill. And besides, his mom is not old and yucky. 

Today will be a rest day for me, as Mondays usually are.

My head is still spinning from that football game last night. Wow, what a surprise ending!

Tammy

Lou—what was up with the HR Sunday?  New BP meds, still?

Possibly.  My conclusion is that I was somewhat dehydrated for Saturday and Sunday.  My evidence is that I was really really thirsty all day Sunday.  Also my BP was significantly higher for those two days.  I drank a lot Sunday (well some beer but mostly gatorade, water, dr. pepper), and my BP was back where it should be this morning. 

I also had a rough run, which I've notice happens when I'm a bit dehydrated.

Oh and while I haven't necessarily noticed an increase in volume, the new med is a mild diuretic, so that is certainly a piece of the puzzle.

So I don't know for sure about cause-effect, but it's the best theory I have so far.

Thanks for asking.

Holly - that would have scared me, too.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mariposai

Holly, If not the recipe, at least I would like to have the famous muffins for dessert ...maybe, just maybe will bring a muffin or two for me inside his coat pocket, if he does, I will eat half and mail you the rest Smile

Head-spinning-Tamster, yeah, I feel like I am busier now than before. These are presentations that have been on the works months and when I tried to get out of them they said...no way Jose Smile. I am starting to do some contract work on my own as well, both as cultural diversity trainer and as translator.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Thanks for the hugs, guys. What will happen, will happen. I'll do my best to try to make it a good outcome, but I'm not the only driver of this bus.

-21°F this morning... brrr! Coldest morning so far this winter and that's pretty good for us. Most years we'd see at least a little of this in October. Drove the kids to the bus stop after they finally found some warmer coats. Sometimes it takes a 2 x 4 to the head to wake them up to the fact that yes, it's cold out!

I'll head to the gym at lunch for some elliptical and weights. Didn't do any weights last week and I really can tell.

ETA: Tammy, great run and cool doorprize! I love it when the prizes make the entry fee worth it!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hang in there Erika!   I'm in the same boat right now and it is very rocky.    All we can do is our very best!   Hugs to you.

I missed the Tammy news ..... where is your report girl??

Thanks Jlynne - you helped me a lot!   Inventory is still pretty high though.  Smile   Nice running last week!   40 miles is awesome!!

Where is Dg today??

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

TammyinGP

I missed the Tammy news ..... where is your report girl??

I just threw a blurb in Saturday's daily about my 5K race. But the readers digest version is 5K PR 24:47, AG 1/8

and a camelback hyrdration thing for a doorprize.

Tammy