Masters Running

Stevie Ray Horatio Hornblower (Read 313 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

WOW - Simply WOW!!!   You deserve to blow your own horn and thanks for sharing this with us.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks for the Hall-of-Fame review. As always, I was in awe as you snuck by me passing other runners in the regular start pack at just before mile 13 on your way to two el perfecto 1:53/1:53 splits for no. 333.

I agree with Mary and others. Your fans want you to blow that horn once-in-a-while as we have long appreciated knowing from the MM Calendar when your upcoming races might mesh with ours, comparing your postings and blog about the good and bad times we’ve had at the same races (and I don’t mean the clock times), Walter Middying the ones we’ll never get to do, and your never letting numbers get in the way or having to fudge at getting one more marathon count or something.

However,  please forget that I said anything about a pink-festooned kissing booth in your honor for next year’s reunion run at the 2013 Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon.  I don’t know, I must've dreamed it or something as I am sure I didn’t hear anything about it while running with the goddesses in the last miles of this year’s Tunnel. Whew.

Incidentally, based on everyone else’s PR’s I know about, it’s almost Guinness World Record level that your marathon PR was after nine years in marathon no. 249 to say nothing of your waiting five years before churning out a 50-mile PR at this year’s Mt. Si Ultra in April (by 1hr/16min!).

By the way, with your recent monthly mileages exceeding 400 miles, including daily, or almost daily, training runs, are there any grand totals over the years of training miles too?.  Did you ever run any races without training?  No particular reason but did it much of a difference?

ps – I’ve run many miles in various marathons over there with the dude-in-japan.  He’s the general manager of the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club.  As soon as I found out the club colors are pink (yep, pink happy coats, caps, t-shirts, singlets and shorts), I told him about you.  Maybe 2013 Tokyo Marathon?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

....W0W iNDEED////..............quite An Accomplishment sr////

also,

don't take tips from tet

unless

you have a Bail Fund already estblished.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

<getting in the back of the line at the kissing booth>  Blush

Me, too!  Me, too!

Amazingly talented, on top of all that hotness!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

xor

.By the way, with your recent monthly mileages exceeding 400 miles, including daily, or almost daily, training runs, are there any grand totals over the years of training miles too?.  Did you ever run any races without training?  No particular reason but did it much of a difference?

ps – I’ve run many miles in various marathons over there with the dude-in-japan.  He’s the general manager of the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club.  As soon as I found out the club colors are pink (yep, pink happy coats, caps, t-shirts, singlets and shorts), I told him about you.  Maybe 2013 Tokyo Marathon?

Thanks for the kind words!

I started keeping my miles in RA's log in 2009.  Prior to that they are in a spiral notebook. Which now exists "somewhere".  Dunno what my cumulative miles would be, really, but I can say this:

2001 - 2004.  Very low mileage.

2005. I would guess 1000-2000 for the year.

2006. Low miles, the worst breast cancer year.

2007-2008.  Medium miles, probably 2000-2500 each year.

2009-2012. I kicked it way up after my real-life situation changed.

2012 is assuredly the last of the 4000-4500 mile years.  And that's fine.

I think it would be very cool to be Joyful and Pink, but alas, I can't commit to Tokyo.  I am beginning to do some real world work again (yay!) and it may take me International again, so who knows?

C-R

Well done SRL!

Now for the big question - why (seriously)?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xor

"Why so many races?"  Because it has been fun seeing cool places and meeting people.

"Why 333?"  Because Steve Yee made me.

. . . . 4000-4500 mile years. 

Say wha . . .??? ShockedShockedShocked

Toot your horn like crazy, Stevie.  You deserve it!!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

xor

Si.

Click me.

King of PhotoShop

An impressive achievement.  Congrats to you.  Spareribs

Tramps

I don’t know.  Seems like a lot of effort just to make out with the Masters running goddesses.

Then again…

Very impressive.  For real.
                        Congrats. 

Be safe. Be kind.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Congrats hope to see you at HHFMM if I get in. Have fun at the next one. If I do see you I'll buy you a beer at Mafio's.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

I have no idea how any body manages what you did!  Congratulations!  Very impressive.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Maniac 505

Amazing Robert!!!  

You are always so humble.  It is an incredible achievement.  Feel free to blow your own horn.

We both started running close to the same time.  I have run a total of about 35 marathons.   what a slacker I am.

I will probably never forget the first time I met you,  I think it was early 2004,  I was proud of myself,  I had run a marathon.   One of the trainers at our gym pointed you out and said He is running 10 marathons this year!

I was speechless.

Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey Robert.
                                I though I’d better let you know that someone has you signed up for next week’s White River 50-Mile Endurance Race that, with all the blisters, etc., wasn’t that the one that just didn’t work out enough without lots of race-specific training <<<(mountains/mountains)>>> to have any desire to do again? Welcome to your next running life. We’re proud of you.  Have fun! Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)