Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 2.1.18 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Wednesday’s workouts:
    Tramps (5 Super Blue Moon morning miles with 2 opossums)
    Dave59 (4 miles with moon watching)
    C-R (20 min indoor bike hill sprint workout + evening 6/7 miles with the club)
    RunnerKSA (3.5 morning miles in 30° temps + 2.3 post-work TM miles)
    Fatozzig (2.52 morning miles in 32° with eclipse-watching)
    Tomwhite (50 min X-bike)
    Holly (4.6 TM miles)
    Pfriese (1 hr afternoon swim [2000 meters])
    Wildchild (5 pitch climb + 3 mile hiking from/to with pack)
    Tet (AquaFit class with interloper)
    Surly Bill (9 EZ miles at 8:42 pace with moon view)
    Spacityrunner (4.5 fab evening trail miles with the trail gang in 67° temps with windage)

Twocat (1 early hr on the elliptical)

Falconfixer (8.1 lunchtime miles at 8:11 pace.

Evanflein (4.28 miles on hotel elliptical in 30 min + upper body weights)

Tammy (6.3 nighttime miles)

KSA I apologize, but I did not see that you posted first yesterday. If I had, I would have deferred. My bad.

I’m glad more than a few people got to see the Super Blue Red Eclipsing Moon this morning - amazing photos showed up everywhere.

I hope you have a great, relaxing vacation, Deeze.

Thanks for the lesson about the Japanese language, Tet. Now I know 2 of the 1,200 characters.

I'm very sorry to learn about your dad, Opus. I'm sure he'll be glad to have you around, and your sister will be glad for your support.

I slept in this morning, plus there was a coating of fresh snow on the roads, so it is just as well that I didn't go out. I'm starting February with a goose egg, so there is nowhere to go but up!

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

No problem!  It's good to have your recap leading the thread!

3.2 miles done.  Seemed dark- heavy cloud cover.    Off to get ready for work.  Have a good day all.

2.3 miles on the treadmill after work.  Horrible cold rain outside and it's getting colder.  Might be some ice in the morning.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning, all.

Opus--sorry to hear about your dad.  Will say this is a good spot to stop into for a little extra support if needed.

3.1 lake loop miles.  Nice temps at 32° and not much wind.  Felt like i was going a t least a little faster than garmin showed, but it's all good.

Today's snow pattern was the opposite of Tuesday's.  That came up from the south and the last part of my commute was dry.  Today it started snowing about as I hit the NH border and got heavier as I went.  Only a couple of cars off the road--one appeared to be an SUV that had gone flying by me not long before.  Karma's a bitch sometimes.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Quickadder

Easy 5.5 miles at 5am and 55F this morning.

Finished January with 109 miles to keep at 100+ since last June. Now to try and survive the short month of February.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

...it has suddenly

dawned on me

tet's fascination with Water-Robics  is about Picking Up Chicks....

..............which could still count as Aerobic

==========

ETA-

[[opus77]]...........sorry about your dad

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

We have a local photographer who is pretty amazing in what he captures and he went to the coast to go camping during the Super Blue Red Full Lunar Moon - whatever it was all called. I'll have to see if I can borrow his pic off his FB page. He's selling prints of it and I'm tempted. It's gorgeous.

eta: Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Ended the month with 100.3. First time hitting a 100+ mile month since April 2013, so I'm not only happy to finally do that again, but to have it be in January when typically my running is low because typically we have terrible weather - - - not this mild 50 degree stuff!

Today will be a rest day for me. I'm taking tomorrow off work and doing my long trail run then.

Tammy

Hi friends!!

5:35 Body Pump then 4.6 miles outside in snowflakes!! Very pretty - great workout, but I really felt the effects of donating blood Tuesday!!

Erika -- ooooops - guess I was a bit confused - hope there is no stress fracture in your SHIN!!

((Opus)) very sorry for what you are all going thru.

KSA - we are flying in to Fort Myers, but actually staying in Cape Coral. So looking forward to the escape!!

Tammy - that print is gorgeous!!

Tonight is the Sole Sisters Annual Award Ceremony - well being an all female running club we kind of take that to a whole different level.

The first year we were in the side room of a local restaurant and filled the space to overfowing. Last year we moved to a ballroom in the local Country Club - yes I said ballroom!! We get all dolled up and decked out and have dinner, awards and dancing -- just us ladies!! Great fun!!

denise

Opus - I'm sorry to hear about your dad.  What a blessing, though, that he's able to spend his remaining time surround by love.  I think too often we try to "sterilize" death, put it "over there" because it's too hard to talk about.  I will forever be grateful that during the last 2 months of my dad's life that, although he had to be a care facility, my brother was able to there every single day for hours on end, because I was only able to go down and see him ever other weekend.

Deez - That sounds like a ton of fun!

Tammy - That's a stunning photograph.

Congrats to everyone who made it to 100 or more miles in January!!

I had an hour of core/ST this morning.  My foot feels good enough that I've started using my TRX more, including for flat planks.  Ugh!  The next things will be to start working in . . . mountaineers??  I think that's the name.  All I know for sure is that it's going to kill me.

Enjoy, friends ~~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

and after a 3-month Wait......

...55-min PoolRun,

no belt, closed fists, Run in Shallows, push against water.............YOWZA!!!!!!!!!

..........I am Constantly Amazed at the Healing Powers of Water

============

...Good Running to Ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Did you hear! Falconfixer is being sent to Leavenworth!!!  Wow! I wonder if you can post updates on RA from prison?

deez4boyz this is not all that soon, but you could consider the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club a reunion and join up when recruiting starts up again! 

evanflein I have also found that there is a lot of variation in how ellipticals feel. If the one I have at home ever breaks down I am going to have to look for a replacement from the same company.

tetsujin209 how many languages do you know? English, Japanese, Chinese (which dialect?) and . . .

Opus77 my sympathies for you and your family. I hope your father is kept as comfortable as possible.

stumpy77 when my commute used to involve the Merritt Parkway (a two lane in each direction road with a lot of bends and inclines) I found that the SUV drivers were the most likely to end up off the road when the roads were slick. Somehow they think that 4 wheel drive means supernatural tire friction for stopping. The end result was a lot of 4 wheel drive vehicle wrecks.

TammyinGP interesting picture.

fatozzig We here at RA are quite fond of you and would hate to see you dead from mountaineers. Even we caught them and got them jailed it would not be the same as having you alive and well. 

tomwhite have you tried the healing power of whiskey? Or perhaps brandy or . . . 

I am stuck killing time for a bit so I thought why not post my 14 mile run from this morning. Not a terrible day for it. Cold (well it is January) and cloudy but for winter okay. Not that I was even reasonably fast. All this talk of January miles got me to look mine over. Turned out it came to 187.8. Almost identical to the 187.5 from December. Funny that since I made zero effort to try and get the numbers close.

As to why I am stuck killing time, I am waiting for one program to download because I need it to prepare some lectures. Another program I need for my research is not working (permissions fail when I try to log in from home) so that is shot until IT fixes the issue. I have another paper I could work on I suppose. I guess that is what i should do. Bye.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

mrrun

sorry about your morning snow, jay, but my DD drove through it to get to our new condo in Coolidge Corner Brookline for 6:30 am - best way to beat the traffic.  there's a reason i've been mostly lurking for the last 6 weeks (henrun has always found time to run ).  on spur of the moment, we bought a new condo - 1.5 miles from our old one and closer to boston.   for those of you who have been there, the new is the same dimensions (2 bedroom), but smaller as it has 2 bathrooms.  it also has an elevator, indoor parking, a/c, no steps, and modern pipes etc - the amenities we need to age in place and none of the problems of an old building that has not been maintained with loving care.  my DD and i unpacked > 20 boxes

mta ((opus77))

Henrun

As mentioned above, my.2.5  mile run in  temperate 35 degrees was to get a haircut while Marj and DD were unpacking.. So I had no guilt since my run was goal oriented 😇

All this talk of January miles got me to look mine over. Turned out it came to 187.8.

Dang, son. 

TomW - Are you in the deep end or are in the shallows and accessing the pool floor?

Congrats on the new digs, Marj and Henry!

. . . . I just deleted a HUGE rant that I had going about a work issue.  *sigh* . . . not sure if just typing it out helped or not . . . 

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Afternoon all.

We have decent temps here (50F). However, the wind it is a blowin' at 25-30mph with gusts of 35mph! Today, 7 mile tempo run with warm up & cool down; 10 miles total. I ran crosswind as much as I could. Smile

Paul

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

sorry about your morning snow, jay, but my DD drove through it to get to our new condo in Coolidge Corner Brookline for 6:30 am - best way to beat the traffic.  there's a reason i've been mostly lurking for the last 6 weeks (henrun has always found time to run ).  on spur of the moment, we bought a new condo - 1.5 miles from our old one and closer to boston.   for those of you who have been there, the new is the same dimensions (2 bedroom), but smaller as it has 2 bathrooms.  it also has an elevator, indoor parking, a/c, no steps, and modern pipes etc - the amenities we need to age in place and none of the problems of an old building that has not been maintained with loving care.  my DD and i unpacked > 20 boxes

mta ((opus77))

Congrats, Henry and Marj, on the new digs.  when's the house warming party?  Denise was looking for an excuse to get together, you know!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.