Masters Running

Friday November 6 Heavenly Runs (Read 471 times)

Every year as I train through the Summer I wait for November.  Today is why.  66° and 68%.  Heaven.

And the run was Heavenly too.  7 miles at 9 minute mile pace.  Average HR only 131.  Oh my.  I gotta find myself an HM to race.

I got this in my email inbox last evening!  I guess I'm committed now.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

"BQger", heh heh.  The "provided that the information you submitted is correct" always cracks me up

66° is nice, but today was 37° for me which is just about perfect.  Well, 42° would have been a bit nicer.  Without the breeze.  Whatever -- I'd better get used to it.  At least it's not Alaska weather Smile

3.1 miles, 28:15, 9:01/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tramps

I’m not playing favorites; I’ll post in both threads.

Sunny 36F and quite breezy this morning; I even considered wearing a long-sleeve shirt but thought better of it. 

10 miles with 9 @ 7:41.  I was trying to hit MP pace (8:00) without looking at my watch but I failed miserably.  I’d check every mile or so and realize I was too fast, tell myself to slow down, and do it all over again.  I’ll definitely need to watch out for that during the race.

I’m still deciding what to do this Sunday, two weeks out from marathon day.  Easy 20?  Progression?  Something else?  What’s your routine two weeks out?

Be safe. Be kind.

Tramps,

For me two weeks is the perfect taper length.  So two weeks out should be the last LR.  My last plan had me running 21 at MP plus a minute.  It went great and I felt ready to go.

I'm sure others' have LRs with embedded MP's, fast finishes, etc.  It's all good.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Congrats Bill......A well deserved letter !

Bill, from your 1st post your fitness level looks awesome.......I'd say hell yea ! Find yourself a HM and grab yourself a PR while your at it !

Breezy here too; 38*F.....unexpectedly sproinky progression run: 7.62 miles in 1:01:05, 8:42 to 7:12 m/m. During the first two miles I worked on the Lydiard bounding uphill striders, on some rollers......felt good.

Good runs to all,

Walt

6.6 easy paced miles at 7:20 am at 37º---feeling fine if not sleepy from the work travel this week.

Go Bill! I am so glad you are feeling so strong. See you in Boston!

((((Baby Will))))  I told my Will about him and he now asks me how he's doing every morning before he goes to school.

((((Bayside)))) I did giggle a bit. Sorry!

Lamerunner--how did the marathon go? I know you are involved with the Manchester marathon organization and I hope everything went as you hoped maybe I'll run that one next year?!

Tramps----I have been running just under 20 when I am 2 weeks out but with embedded MP miles or as a fast finish workout. (18-19 miles) Three weeks out was 23 miles. FWIW

Nice sproink Walt!

Happy Friday all

Heehee Byll.

I usually do a 3 week taper, but this year I did my last 20 mile long run (easy, but not really slow) two weeks before Wineglass.  And Wineglass 2 weeks before Amica. While I crashed earlier than hoped at Wineglass, I have no particular reason to think it had anything to do with my taper.   So many variables, so little control.

3 slowish miles for me today.  After saying that I was on the alternate day plan to baby my knee, I just didn't want to stay inside on the elliptical this morning.  It seems to have been fine.

I did have to smile that baby Will has been moved to make room for the "really sick babies".  Yes - that has to be good news.  Hope they figure out the apnea soon.  That's gotta be scary for the already exhausted new parents.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Is anyone else besides me experiencing deja vue this morning?

Mr. Bill received a nice e-mail last night. If I were you, I'd be blowing that one up and having it framed for my office wall!

I was sorry to here about Bayside's spill. How is he feeling this morning, Nono? Chipped tooth - ouch. I'd take the cost of repairing it out of Rene's food budget.

Like Lou, great running weather here this morning, though still really windy. Temps around 42° are perfect as far as I'm concerned. I bought a pair of Nike Air Zoom Elite+ and tried them for the first time this morning. I'm not convinced... Nike has so much room in the toe box I almost felt like I was running in clown shoes. Oh wait, maybe that's just my poor form.  Anyway, 4.5 miles at a 9:27 pace followed with 5 minutes of jumping rope.

Baby Will may get sprung this weekend! He has to pass his "sitting in the car seat for 3 hours test" today and survive the day without supplemental oxygen. The kids are excited! Keep your fingers crossed.

That's one sweet-looking email, Byll.  

flomotioncoaching.com

Tramps

That's one sweet-looking email, Byll.  

I don't want to steal Bill's spotlight, but I, too, received a very similar e-mail. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

I don't want to steal Bill's spotlight, but I, too, received a very similar e-mail. 

Good morning everyone,  Vacation day today & no run.  Couldn't post yesterday's so it is.

5.3 miles with middle 3 @ tempo pace of 8:20.  I haven't run that fast for several months and it felt really good.

Nothing hurt!!!  My best 5k since 2006 is about 25:30 I believe I can crush that on Thanksgiving   I guess I have acheived recovery.

Sorry to hear about Bayside's accident with Renee  {{{Bayside}}}

{{{Baby Will}}}

Off to the gym for upper body workout. 

Congratulations Bill & thanks for bragging sharing, that's only way I'll get to see one.

Good one Tramps!!!

Enjoy

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

We had a spectacular sunrise and it is supposed to get to 73 today!!!

Hope Holly isn't under the weather.

Also hoping our little Will passes the test and can go home.

Tramps, like PDR, I find running a marathon 2 weeks before a marathon keeps me focused and out of trouble.

(Haven't done it much this year, but did for several years before.)

If it truly is 70 something at lunch, it will be hard to come back.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                              evanflein

Tramps, you're such a nut. (but he's our nut, right?)

Congratulations Byll, that makes it all seem so real. Wait till you get the post card in the mail (essentially saying the same thing).

2.1 miles very easy on the creaky hotel treadmill. It really wasn't that bad, just made some noise on start up. Walked .25 before and after for w/u and c/d, then hit the elliptical for 20 minutes at a pretty good effort. Sweaty mess when done, now I get to pack all that drippy stuff into my suitcase. Ugh, hope they have a plastic bag around here...

Hey Lou, temps here in Anchorage are much like what you guys have! Well, almost. This is like the banana belt for us in the winter. It's 32 now, could get to low 40's today. Downright balmy. No snow here either, which seems really strange. (It's 15 and we might see 20 for a high today at home, and we have snow!)