Masters Running

Tues Feb 5 M/B runs (Read 666 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

These racoon stories are depressing! I hit a deer a couple of years ago, and pulled over to see if it was OK (and if my car was OK). It was lying on the side of the road looking at me, but it couldn't get up. I felt so helpless. My car was OK other than a mashed bumper/light, so I drove to work and called the sheriff to report the deer and see if there was anything they could do. Steve, you can wear tights and a kilt, and a cape too! Erika, I can't believe kids in Alaska don't dress for the cold either, especially when it's -25. Yesterday, DD walked home from the school bus in 6 inches of new snow (unplowed) wearing skate shoes and low socks. She complained that her ankles were cold, and I suggested she wear boots. She gave me the eyeroll Roll eyes and said no one wears boots to school. But she did agree to wear taller socks today. Our weather isn't balmy, but isn't bad either. It was 26 degrees at lunchtime, and I ran 5.5 miles in about 3 inches of new snow, wearing yaktrax. Any of you in a super-Tuesday state? Colorado has caucuses tonight, and I'm planning to go.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

28:49 total time and 3.5 miles in 38F temps. I'll call that my tempo run for the week. 8.14 pace Roy, It sounds like we are on the same schedule. Higdons intermediate 1 I presume? I have kept my LR around 10 until it catches up though and this weekend I will do 8 instead of six but after that I am pretty much on his schedule.Good luck to you.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Carolyn--be careful out there--our NPR station is saying the turnout might be low in CO. due to the icy roads. Say, where were you hiking in WY in that photo? I'm just on the other side, in SD. Tammy--we'll pay for the video!! I wish I had run at lunch, but I continue to nurse the ankle--half elliptical, half dreadmill.
        Masters 2000 miles
        wildchild

Carolyn

Amy, the roads in town are drying out, and the roads in the mountains where I live are always snowy this time of year, so the folks who live there are used to it. Our caucus meeting is at the school, which is about 10 minutes from my house. The picture was taken in the Wind River range in Wyoming. It's one of our favorite places to backpack, as DH used to work for NOLS and spent many months every year there leading mountaineering trips. Are you in the Black Hills in SD? We've been there a couple of times on climbing and caving trips. Beautiful country.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

Steve, you can wear tights and a kilt, and a cape too!
            Life is good

SteveP

Manchild

3 on the mill, slowly, tenderly. Went to vote after work...What the heck is the "Working Families" Party?? Have a nice evening Boomer/Masters! Chris
                Late post for an early run. Nice long runs for charley, Peter, perch, Tall, eveyday (and weekly mileage PR), WRFB (progression run and weekly PR), jjj, Evan (wicked cold), hallar, Tammy, biketm, SueT, CNY, deez, PDR, and Twocat. This morning it was pleasant, low 30s and just a light breeze. The paved roads were wet but clear of snow and ice. I was able to avoid the gravel/dirt roads like hopeful had. I got in 8 miles in about 1:14 for a 9:15 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                  Hi Everyone Running Ahead. I see Aamos posting here and just wanted to say hey and that I met Adidas SuperNova, a maniac like you on Saturday. She was running the full, while I was running the half at Tybee. She said both of us should tell you the other one said hi.
                  LaVita

The Jogger

Halllar, you got it in 1 it's the plan. Good luck with yours too. Thanks for the advice all on the garmin, it will be released over here mid march (405) £268 or about $ 536 is what I have seen so far. I might but the 305 is only £129 $ 258 I have been thinking about it. Will check out the 201 in the morning, night all. Roy

Hill Runner

Hi all, Late run for me today...I was too lazy to get it done this morning... 7.10 miles of hill @ 8:52 pace. It was around 75 degrees out...not used to running in the heat all of a sudden. The racoon story reminds me of something that recently happened to me. One night, a couple of weeks ago, I looked out into my backyard and spotted a cute little black cat who was also startled to see me through the glass. We both looked at each other but he didn't run, and seemed kind of curious. It was the first and only time that I saw him. Last Friday as I driving out of my neighborhood I thought I saw a dead cat in the road. When I drove back home I stopped and it was the same little guy that I saw in my backyard two weeks prior. I picked him up off the road and buried him on my property. At least he's at peace now.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Hey Guys and Gals Struggled with a cold last night, dry throat and stuffed up head, youngest daughter had same problem and she crawled into bed with me last night. Not very restful but nice. Ran 52 minutes tonight in my new shoes Mizuno Wave Rider9. Big and heavy. My Mizuno Perceptions were due to be tossed, I ran way to many miles in them...so had to get rid of them...The new shoes are very heavy and feel slow but I know in this heavier mileage time it's okay...In a month I will be going with the new and lighter Mizuno Wave Elizir 3 which will be my racing shoe this year. Anyway the run went okay but I am bushed now...and will do some light weights and then get some reading in before a huge day tomorrow. Take care my friends. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

spacityrunner

Thanks to those who have been reading my blog. The readership has gone up significantly. I am really enjoying the experience.
                          Hey Vista, how do you know how many people are reading your blog? Does a number show up somewhere? I have no number anywhere, does that mean no one is reading it??? Cry 45 min of swimming...no running, need running, very stressful, but just swimming...I want running. Sigh

Trails Rock!

munchkn883

The only place I walked this morning was into my Oncologist's office. Today was my long treatment and the dreaded shot. For some reason, today was harder than before...I've been a little down which is not like me. Maybe I need to go shopping!! The PA and nurses keep asking me how the pain is. This stuff must get pretty bad. If it gets to the place where I can't walk any distances, I'm going to organize an event here for all my CR Boomer and new RA friends!! Instead of running or walking, we'll just eat and drink!! WooHoo!! Oh, I'll be having another PET scan in March and should have my tumor marker numbers by Friday. Praying they are down.
                            btb1490

Praying with you munchkn883. Good luck and keep up the spirit. It's an overused cliche, but it's still true.... attitude is everything. Keep smiling and you'll be fine. Smile
                                Thinking of you Munch and praying too. A party sounds like a great idea! You are amazing. CNYrunner