Masters Running

Thursday, 25 February, 2016. Auntie Em! Auntie Em! (Read 37 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

49F

WINDY

5 miles, first mile was in your face wind. After that? The wind was neutral or at our backs!

...if I only had a brain...

... a heart....

....the courage....

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Slo

Slightly Breezy, just enough to keep me off the dyke along the river and use the shelter of neighborhood streets.

6.5 miles. Tested what I hope to be my MP for a few miles. Felt good. To early in my training to incorporate anything too long at MP yet. Just enough to get accustomed to the feel of it right now.

I have two high school class mates that have sons playing professional sports. Doug McDermott, small forward for the Chicago Bulls. His dad Greg McDermott is the Basketball coach for Creighton, and Colin Rea, Pitcher for the San Diego Padres. Not bad for a little hick town in Iowa.

I'm having a blast following these kids.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/2/24/11111282/doug-mcdermott-dunk-vine-highlights

Dave59

It's a "work in the office" day so no time to run. Since it is an hour commute I just can't get the gumption to get up early enough to run before work and no way I feel like it by the time I get home. I wish there was a way to run while I am here but I have nowhere to clean-up afterwards. Makes no sense to join a gym since I could only use it twice a week.

I have been considering bringing in a box of wet wipes and using those to clean off after a lunchtime run, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

If I worked in the Dallas office where they like their employees, I could use the "treadmill room" during the day.

30 min of stat biking, followed by a little over 30 min of core/ST.

Last night, the power went out right in the middle of me doing transcription.  Thankfully I had hit save a few minutes before, but I'm still guessing I lost a good 10-15 min worth of typing.  Ugh!  It came back on about an hour later, so I'm guessing someone hit a power pole.  We have been having some electrical issues, so at first we thought it might just be us, but nope - the whole neighborhood.  For a short while you could see everyone walking around outside with their flashlights. 

To add to Slo's sports story, The Hub grew up in St. Helens, OR, which is about 12 min from Scapoose, OR.  One of his best friends growing up is the father of Derek Anderson, who has been in the NFL for 11 years and plays for the Panthers.  However, this year at the Super Bowl, little ole Scapoose was represented by not one, but two hometown boys, with the other being David Mayo.  Pretty awesome.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I have been considering bringing in a box of wet wipes and using those to clean off after a lunchtime run, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

How about putting a wet washcloth in a ziplock bag?

4 miles on the TM for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Neat notes about the pro players.  My former "mentee" here in Ft. Myers is cousin to Sammy Watkins, the pro football player.

The wet washcloth in a plastic bag made me smile, as my mom never left home without one.  For me, the clumsy tomboy.

That and a fresh application of deodorant ought to be enough for the colleagues to stand you the rest of the day.

About a 10K or so this am.  We had a front move through--part of the same big system moving across the country--so it was in the 50s and windy here.  Of course, it's going to be cool this weekend and I have no major race planned.  Good time for a leisurely long run, right?

Feeling your pain Leslie.  I HATE when I lose work.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

jlynne, the "lunch lady" gig sounds like a good one for you.  tet, keep the daughter/dad memos coming.

Ysterday, the forecast was for snow starting in the afternoon and continuing on into today with accumulation around a foot and lots of wind.  The forecast was pretty accurate.  This morning, I did 5 miles on the TM at an 11:27 pace.  I was surprised how sore and tired my legs were.  I suspect that the two runs I've had after 3 weeks of not running had something to do with it.

A  good day and good runs for all.

TomS

....good work-outs guys///////

=================

40's here and still spitting a little snow this morning

.......40-min trekking poles

and

.....40-min PoolRun, nb, cf, ris

...........................good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Howdie folks.  We finally made it to New Orleans.  We are at the airport waiting for the Twocats to arrive, then... let the birthday celebration to begin!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

How about putting a wet washcloth in a ziplock bag?

Ummm... I assume you have a sink in the men's room, Dave?  So bring a dry washcloth, and get it wet in the sink, and clean up.   I did that for years after lunchtime runs at work (in the ladies room, that is).   Works fine.

I'm running later this afternoon, so I'll just post yesterday's run.  I met 2 women for a trail run up Bergen Peak, in about a foot of new snow.  That was a workout!  We were the first ones up there after the storm, so we were breaking trail.    About 7.5 miles total.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

4 mile bike ride last night and 2 miles all uphill this morning.  I don't count the downhill miles.  My legs are getting tired, fatigued from the cycling, however I can't say they hurt in any particular way.  My body/brain is itching to run instead.  Might run at Discovery Park this weekend -  last time I was there was for a run with evanflein.

Have fun Posie!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

1 mile on the treadmill to test things out and realize I am not ready to run yet  - staying on the injured runners list

spin class, 2miles on the arc trainer (20 minutes) some strength work ..... it's just going to have to be enough while I continue to rehab

Hope the Twocats and the Posais have a wonderful birthday celebration!!

denise

evanflein

Might run at Discovery Park this weekend -  last time I was there was for a run with evanflein.

Wow, that's been awhile hasn't it? I can't remember when that was... When I was in Seattle with my folks for my dad's surgery (2012?) I took a bus up there for a run. That was interesting.

Get better, Deez! Hang in there, friend, it'll get better!

Happy birthday for Twokitty even if he can't run! Mariposai will just have to run for two, right?

Cool about all the local kids off doing pro sports. Brings that "small world" concept home.

I am so glad we have a shower here at my office building! Even though the drain seems to get choked full of hair or something on a regular basis, pretty gross. I just asked last week that they come clean it out because it was starting to feel like a wading pool. It's been good since Tuesday.

No wind here! Really nice, almost weirdly so. Although it wasn't sunny today, it was in the mid-30's for my afternoon run. Makes the snow pretty slippery but I'm still going out without my spikes. The Brooks Ghost have really good traction, even with a little slippage on the snow. Ran 5.6 uneventful miles. Uneventful is good.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just stopping in, real quick, to say hi and tell you I ran 12 miles, tonight.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

4 mile bike ride last night and 2 miles all uphill this morning.  I don't count the downhill miles.  

CYCLING ROUTE DISTANCES

Me too enks
                                It troubled me for a while but I now give myself full credit for the full five miles on mine after I rationalized that the uphill sections are twice as hard as the downhills which then reverse themselves on the way back. In fact, it’s way harder than 2X to go up than down the hills so I’m thinking the effective commute is more like six miles for me, if not more. However, probably more like two-or-three miles for MBE. As much as we are all happy for you, add me to the guys who hate him too, especially since I have blue eyes too but nobody ever noticed.
                                PAPO’S NATURALLY REFLECTIVE HAIR
                                Having white hair now probably doesn’t help but it did yesterday when I got to school to pick up GS and didn’t have the car seat for him so we walked back to the house and I walked back to get the truck I don’t like to drive anyway. When I told GS I wish I had a reflective band like the stripes on his jacket, he said, ‘you don’t need it papo, you have white hair!”
                                SUPERMARKET POWER WALK.
                                Took a new route different from the lakeside one the other day for an hour long power walk with DD, . . . this time up-and-down every single aisle of the supermarket in the local mall, some of them several times. Whew.

Great time, except when same credit card that had handled a $65 fill-up for the truck didn’t when I tried to pay for all the stuff she was stocking up on that had been consumed during the last week-and-a-half plus for tomorrow’s finale. When we got back to the house, I had the following from my Seattle bank:

BANK ALERT
                                Action Requested:
                                Please confirm activity
                                Please tell us if you or someone you authorized your bank card for:
                                On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at a transaction was declined
                                for $225.43 at Glacier Supermarket
                                On Monday, February 22, 2016 a transaction was approved
                                for $65.00 at Mike’s Chevron.
                                Thank you. .
                                E-MAILS
                                no DD e-mails today but that’s only because she didn’t see

my backing out of the driveway nearly wipe out the recycle bin.

It’s a miracle the huge side mirrors are still intact.

One day to go.

Wish me luck.
                                ps - have fun in NO-land, posies.
                                However, I beginning to wonder if half-cat even exists.

pps enks/evan - glad I lived up on the edge of Magnolia for a year in 1990

when I could run those trails like the wind too. Discovery Park used

to be our ROTC training grounds in the early sixties.

Sounds so long ago. Oh, it is. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)