Masters Running

March Masters Miles (Read 56 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I'm starting this thread early, since I'll be away from a computer for a few days.   Anyway, you know the drill - post your monthly mileage, and any PRs, AG awards, and anything else you want to share.

Awards given for most miles, fewest  miles, average, median, prime numbers, cool totals, and general awesomeness!  Negative points given for whining about the March weather. 

This is from the Monument Valley 50 trail race (photo by Jack Jewell):

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh crap!  I'm starting in the hole...

But Mike, you get double points for treadmill miles!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Woo Hoo!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, since I re-strained my hammy this morning, I don't believe I'll be adding to my paltry total.  23.2 miles.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

New skirt in town

262.1 for me.  (631.5 YTD) Gorgeous photo!!!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

111.4 running miles in March /  294.4 miles in 2014

1 Half Marathon in March 1:54:55

Nice photo Wild!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

111.5 for me this month. First time in triple digits since last fall! Great picture Carolyn. Thank you!

coastwalker

Thanks again for a beautiful photo, WC!

I'm sorry about the restrained hammy, Stumpy.

122.7 RW miles for me in March, including an almost 14-mi. half marathon.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

I had a March filled with various Vacations - Breckenridge Skiing in the cold and Aruba Snorkling in the warmth.  So as I sort of expected, running took a backseat.

47.2 miles for March.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Beautiful pic Carolyn -- I can't wait to run in shorts again and feel warm!!

163.1 for March - lots of odd numbers for a girl who doesn't like odd numbers!!

denise

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Carolyn! That photo looks like a painting in the background .. really nice!

March: 350 miles  with no doubles ( PR)

2014 YTD:  1020 miles ( PR for earliest breaking 1000)

Longest run ever: 27.2 miles

Running streak: 1322 days in a row running outside

average 7.8 miles per day

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

75 miles running, and another 20 hours of cross country skiing for the month.

Four ski races:

1st in 55-59 age group at US Masters Nationals 26K (was supposed to be 50K but they had to shorten the race due lack of snow)

2nd OA in a 42K a week later

2nd OA in a 20K last week

12th OA and 2nd in group at a 50K (to the guy I beat at Masters Nationals last month) - so we have a good rivalry going!

I am pretty much done with skiing for the year, might get out a few more times, and looking forward to picking up the running in April, with the goal of about 200 miles, probably no races until May. Takes a while to get the base back.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

1st in 55-59 age group at US Masters Nationals 26K

Hey, no AG's, that's for sure but I still have a t-shirt from

when they were at Kinkaid Park in ‘78, and the alpine ones

at Alyeska a couple of years before that.
                              Runnin’s still a poor substitute for fun on the snow.

ps - why didn't they just do the 26K two times (-2K)

/

March 2014
                              tetsujin - 69.25 miles
                              . . . YTD - 222.63 miles

. . ..12-hour PR

After March started out with only completing 3 of 4 rainy laps of a planned marathon for the third consecutive fizzle of the year (after February’s 1,000,000 inches in a two million inch run and only 28.8 miles in January’s 50K), the 41.6 miles in the sunny Dizzy Daze 12-hour were my most ever in seven years of realizing that regular runners who don’t train that much, if any, can have just as much furn, if not more, in 12-hour runs too.

Events
                              . . . 3/01 - Redmond Watershed Spring-Run-for-Fun Marathon (thongs) / fizzled at 3 laps (19.65 mi)
                              . . . 3/22 - DizzyDaze 12 hour (thongs) - 41.6 miles (12-hour PR)
                              training (3) - 12 miles
                              . . . 3/17 - 4 miles training.(full luna)
                              . . . 3/18 - 4 miles training.(full luna)
                              . . . 3/29 - 4 miles training (rainiest day of the year - 0.86 inches)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hi tetsujin, that's right I remember you had spent some time in Anchorage or were from there originally!

The TOA is a point to point course starting at Service High School and finishing at Kincaid Park. The Coastal Trail (built in the 1990s) was bare in spots and they said Kincaid Park was a giant puddle. They could have probably had us go to the Westchester Lagoon, making it about 35K, but that would have required two finish lines to accomodate the shorter races. It was the best solution when you have a total of 1500 or so racers and multiple distances and divisions.