Masters Running

Question: alternating shoes (Read 28 times)

Lisa11

Hello-I recently got my first racing flats ever. It is hard to describe how magical it felt running in them this morning  (I wanted to try them before the upcoming marathon).

My question is - how do you decide which shoes to wear for runs during the week? I typically am following one Pfitz plan or another, so a mix of slow runs, midweek long run, some speed work, and a long run on the weekend.

Silly maybe but I’ve never had more than one set of shoes to run in, so any advice is welcome and would be much appreciated.

I usually have 2 pairs of shoes in rotation and I switch them every other run, whether I run successive days, every other day, etc.

Glad you're enjoying your racing flats. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

coastwalker

Hi Lisa,

My racing shoes are about 6 oz. I have another pair of similar shoes that are about 9 oz that I use for training. I may be fooling myself, but I think that if I can train well and get in some good speed work in my 'heavier' shoes in training, it'll pay off when I wear the 'lighter' shoes on race day.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mariposai

I usually have 2 pairs of shoes in rotation and I switch them every other run, whether I run successive days, every other day, etc.

Same here. Enjoy the new adventure!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Lisa11

Thanks! I am going to try this, maybe not every run but the speedwork runs at least!

Lisa11

Thanks! I appreciate your response!

Same here. Enjoy the new adventure!

Lisa11

Thank you for your response! I was kind of thinking the same thing. It is hard to believe that 3 oz on your feet can make that much difference!

Hi Lisa,

My racing shoes are about 6 oz. I have another pair of similar shoes that are about 9 oz that I use for training. I may be fooling myself, but I think that if I can train well and get in some good speed work in my 'heavier' shoes in training, it'll pay off when I wear the 'lighter' shoes on race day.

Jay