Masters Running

40's On the Run......... Thanks Again!!!! (Read 679 times)

Yep, worked fine....I did the copy and paste as well. Wow! Incredible stuff! Beautiful artwork in those cathedrals. So much history, some of it even a bit eerie. I just hit "watch slideshow" and sat back and enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. Jewels
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Top 'O the World!

Kewl Leslie!! Thank you for sharing! I just looovve old buildings!
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      btb1490

Those pictures were great Leslie!!! Thanks for sharing! So much history there that just isn't found here. Oh and I see not all you were interested in was the history... Wink
          Aren't those marzipan figures cool?? I would love to have bought some and brought them back, but that would've been a little tough. And hey - I didn't know you could pirate my pictures!! Shocked Hmmmm . . . Evil grin

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mornin' Glories! A short half hour, 2.49 mile run for me this a.m. - with out my inhaler. Not a smart move. Let's just say, I was quite happy to puff on that thing as soon as I walked in the house. Tongue Did anyone get to watch the lunar eclipse last night? We were able to watch about half of before the cloud cover rolled in. Pretty cool. Today it's windier than heck, and we're suppose to get 2-3 inches of rain through the weekend. It's gonna be a wet run Saturday! LOTS of crap to do today at work <sigh>>, so I'd better get my rear in gear. Have a good one! Modified to Add: I have no idea what I'm sighing again at the end of this post. Weird. Confused</sigh>

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

btb1490

Sorry Leslie, I didn't think I was doing anything that wasn't readily available by posting that picture. I didn't have to hack into anything to do it, the link you gave simply let me cut and paste any of the pictures. Again, my apologies. It looks like you had a great trip!
                Sorry Leslie, I didn't think I was doing anything that wasn't readily available by posting that picture. I didn't have to hack into anything to do it, the link you gave simply let me cut and paste any of the pictures. Again, my apologies. It looks like you had a great trip!
                Oh no! You didn't do anything wrong! I was joking with you. Sorry if I made you feel bad. But now that I know a person can cut and paste from other people's photobucket albums, he he he - watch out! Big grin

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

Hi Kids ! What a busy lot we are! Leslie-Great pics,thanks for sharing. Beware the Bats and pithair.You're too much!! Big grin Nice ride for you Arla ! That sounds very nice.DW and I brought the kids out west about 3yrs ago.Flew to Vegas,drove to the Grand Canyon.Spent a couple days then drove rented van around the east side of GC ,up to Zion Canyon where we stayed.Then up to Bryce Canyon for a night as well.Some of those places we felt like we were on another planet!! Big work project this week but the running has gone well.Out twice this week(tomorrow will be 3 )for 5am runs under the full moon.Didn't see the eclipse but the moonsets have been nice! Smile C ya's

flatland mountaineer

I got in four miles with the group last night at class. The 2 masters cross country racers had good runs in San Diego and were doing recovery runs so I kept up!! Cool I will try and get another 2-4 in the morning. If I stay healthy I will try a work a very short 4th day in soon. We have a marketing conference in Palm Springs a few days next week so hope to get in some runs without my winter battle gear on. Big grin Thats a great collection of photos Leslie!! What architecture. Joe the eclipse was just showing up as we finished class last nite, pretty cool. Jewels nice run in the park, glad the shoulder seems to be working out. Arla guess we get to check out the desert for ourselves and as Leslie said your gonna do great at DisneyW. MtnChk the loose canines in public areas would sure try my patience, our dog is lucky to be a country dog that gets to run free most of the time. I had to call her off today as we have siesmic crews working in the area and she didn't like them trespassing on "her" land and she does know the borders!! Saph if a flask doesn't have alcohol in it isn't it just another water bottle? Wink Just teasing that looks like a pretty handy device for containing custom mixes.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

No workout this a.m. Don't know what's going on with me right knee, but I think I'm gonna have to go to the doctor. Ibu is not doing the trick. However, it's not gonna keep me from running trails tomorrow . . . just from getting up at 5:00 to do aerobics!! We're suppose to get a pretty good storm coming through here. It's already starting to rain. Hub said he heard there's suppose to be 80 mph gusts tomorrow. That should making running in the woods interesting. Watch out for falling trees and branches! With the storm clouds forming, we had a real pretty sunrise. It looked like the sun was going down, the clouds were ascending so quickly. Also, we live right in the heart of the flight path for the Aleutian Geese that nest here for the next few months. They sleep just a few miles south of us and fly just a few miles north of us each morning to feed, and they fly right over a our house. There had to have been a couple of thousand in 30+/- groups of various sizes this morning, honking, regrouping. It was pretty cool. When it gets real foggy - and we live on the coast, so we have a lot of fog - they fly really low. A couple of years ago at night, there were 6 or 7 of us in the parking lot of my husband's work. We were BBQ-ing and having a few beers while a local artist worked on a mural on the front of the store. He was using an overhead projector to project the figures on the wall and then outline them before painting. During this, an enormous V of geese flew overhead. They were just below the cloud cover, and the cloud cover was lit up by the city lights. In that V alone, we figured there were probably close to 600-700 geese, and they looked ghostly white because of the lights and clouds. In the middle of all this, the artist's assistant's girlfriend showed up. She's a firedancer and she'd brought her equipment to do a firedance for us. It was a pretty cool night! Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend. And I'm 42 tomorrow!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Saph if a flask doesn't have alcohol in it isn't it just another water bottle? Wink
                        Uh ha! LOL Hey Leslie... I hope you have a grrrrrrrrreat day Wink

flatland mountaineer

3.1 this morn 15 degrees but no wind, got waay hot with my usual layer combo for 10-20 degrees but not a breath of wind this morning. Pretty glorius morning, diidn't see anyone else on my road and didn't hear a sound except for mourning doves when I got back close to our place and trees. Its warming up very nicely here today, be our luck it will be warm here while we are gone.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Happy birthday Leslie! May your knee turn out to be nothing more than a temporary owie. Awesome pics, by the way. R2 - I found out running more days a week actually makes me feel better - go figure. I think it's those short easy days - they kind of loosen and warm things up. So I hope it works out for you. Went to see "Spirit of the Marathon" last night, it was much better than I thought. I was worried that it would only appeal to hardcore runners, but I really think it would be interesting for anyone to watch. Maybe it will come out on DVD. Things are starting to burst into bloom here - the almond trees along Hwy 99 are really starting to kick in but good, and other flowering trees and bulbs are just starting. Makes even a rainy day a lot more sunny! Arla

Ex runner

btb1490

Sorry for exploding the width of this thread with my picture post. Blame it on Leslie! Speaking of Leslie, have a great birthday!
                                Sorry for exploding the width of this thread with my picture post. Blame it on Leslie!
                                That's what you get for stealing my picture. Wink

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance