Masters Running

Midweek Wed 5-7 runs and w/o's (Read 467 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning! IRC here this morning. First set of speed work in awhile. Decided to give good recovery and nice hard effort for 4 x 800m (2 min jog) 2.8 mi w/u with Tory then: 3:21 3:22 3:21 3:19 Very pleased with this! Then 2 mi c/d at 7:46 and 7:42 Overall 7.6 mi in 1:03:53 (8:28) Have great runs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice job on the 800's Perch and Tory!! Smile Out for 3 lackluster miles with Brinkley today. VERY Windy out of the southwest, so I was lucky to have him helping me along. During the last mile he was very mellow and just ran by my side - it was quite enjoyable. The 65 degree morning made us both a bit heated I guess. 9:49 avg. pace Happy Hump Day! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nice set off 800's Perch...your a speedy guy Smile I need to hit the track and try and improve my 5 and 10K times. Way to get it done with Brinkley Mary...I like how consistent you are with your running girl Smile My legs feel like I ran a Marathon this morning. I have been sick since last Sunday, and went out for an ill-advised 7 mile run last night...run was absolutely horrible. Hopefully I will feel better soon, but my legs are trashed this morning. Have a good hump day all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning everyone! I ran an easy recovery 3 miles this morning at 10:30 pace. My first run since the Eugene adventure. My tight left hamstring seems to be back to normal. It had been giving me a little hitch in my giddie-up since Sunday. For those of you who don't also read KR, here is a great picture lgreenberg over there found for me. (Thanks Larry!) My DW is laughing not out of joy or anything. She joined me at mile 26 to run in with me. Then had to laugh when she could barely keep up with me for 2/10's of a mile. Smile Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Perch, good speedwork for you. Mary, are we in the same state? Just in the 40s over here, and no wind. Bill, that's a wonderful picture of you and your DW! Hard to believe you were at the end of 26.2 looking that good. Tim, I always feel that way if I try to run in the evening. Maybe another day and you'll be recovered. My DW doesn't like sweets much, and especially pie, but she was the one who asked me to make a rhubarb pie yesterday to have for her birthday celebration instead of cake. It turned out greta (huge rhubarb crop in our garden this year!), and I have to again thank whichever CR goddess it was last year who pointed me to the recipe that I use. 4.1 very hilly miles this morning, which was a little bit tougher on my leg, but a good run nonetheless. They were just setting up for McCain's visit as I ran past that part of the campus, so lots of TV trucks and various levels of police vehicles from campus cops up to the state police. I can only imagine the doughnut bill! Good running to everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Good morning, all! Perch - you should be very pleased - awesome 800's! {{{Tim}}} - hope you are feeling better soon! Breger - love the pic of you and your wife - I'm impressed that she ran with you to the finish. Amy - are you doing the VCM? When I heard about the Ben and Jerry's at the finish, I just couldn't resist ;-) btb - thanks for the beautiful sunset pic yesterday - you and Jake are so fortunate. Rest day for me. Jesse let me sleep until 5:40, and we didn't have any early morning emergencies. Yeah! Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Hill Runner

Good morning all, 10.20 miles of hills @ 9:05 pace on another perfect morning. Bill, nice photo of you & DW. I never realized how tall you are. I'm surprised that you can fit in a Boxster... Smile Good runnin' to all today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Some great runs already...the body is tired and getting a rest after some intervals last night. I was so happy with my workout. On top of the last 38K LR and this speedwork 2 days later..it's time to taper...18 days to go...need to stay sharp. Can everyone tell I am getting edgy... Have a great day Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

"Bill ... I never realized how tall you are. I'm surprised that you can fit in a Boxster"
                    When I was shopping for cars, my DW was hoping against hope that I wouldn't fit in the Boxster. Sorry, fit just fine, ... although getting me in and out of it is something to see! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

...You guys are Looking Good this morning.......nice running...... ======== ...but I digress..... ............36min streetrun.........PAIN FREE....... ......I am correspodning with Dr Bookspan,,, ,,have added a Standing Hammy Stretch against a Wall with my SunSalute CoolDown Stretches.. (will post this if anybody wants) and am working on Aligning hip/hammy'knee straight during Push Off today I added a Shoulder Turn from my nordictrak workout (but not as pronounced) this PERFECTLY aligned the hip/hammy/knee and resulted in a PAIN FREE Run...... THIS IS GOOD.......not as Good as Summer, but Pretty Good anyway.... ..............good running guys........will alert you to the Results from My Next Experiment.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

I'm just headed out the door now, but wanted to comment on those speedy 800's Perch. Breger, great photo of you and your wife. Sounds as if she really enjoyed the weekend too, from the other reports I read. Edited to make a comment to tomwhite who posted the same time I did. Any time you go to a PT, the first thing the therapist will work on before you even get to the exercises and strengthening, is to help you with posture and alignment. Here is a good example from my work over the winter. I was doing a Thera-Band exercise (band around the ankles and "monster walking") and if my feet were not pointing exactly straight ahead, she would yell out, "Headlights!" The idea is that your feet should be like car headlights, pointing straight ahead, which gives you that straight push off that tomwhite mentions. It's all the little stuff that adds up over thousands of foot strikes. Also, make note of your posture when you are just standing around. Women, do you have a tendency to take all your weight on one hip and point the other foot off to the side when you stand? Keep your feet side by side and distribute your weight evenly, keep your shoulders back and your head high. These are good ideas to remember if you have back or shoulder pain. I imagine tomwhite spends an inordinate amount of time on his feet in his work. That right tw? Spareribs
                        seemomgo

Good morning everyone! Tim, maybe you need more healing time! Be careful! Bill, for whatever reason I can't see your picture Undecided Peter - consistant as always! Huge thunderstorm early this morning and a much needed rain falling steadily! Off to the gym this morning for a short run and them more upper body. Seegirlgo had her school run on Monday - right after running the Iron Girl 5k, she took 2nd place in her class amongst the girls, and 10th overall! She's a speedy little thing! It was a fun day for all those kids who ran. It makes me sad to see so many of these kids unable to run or walk 3 miles. Many of the kids chose not to run and just hung around causing trouble. What is wrong with that picture!!!! It really disturbs me.

The Jogger

Afternoon All Steve great reps, Mary, lackluster? that's a great pace, Bill , cracking pic, Tom , thanks for the link, had a quick look in work last night but will have a good read today. SR enjoy the run Peter you run hills like they're flat, Tall, sharp and calm ummmmmmmm Wink Doug, glad you kept running as you past the campus and didn't stop to listen..... Did a hilly trail run today, very warm and sunny, stopped at the top of the hill, a wooded trail to have a drink, give woody a drink and just listen to the bird song in the forest, it was soooooo nice, then headed down the hill for the easy bit. Elevation was about 500 feet and the hip although sore was a bit better after the manipulation by my physio yesterday, ouch. He will advise me wether to run or not on Monday when I see him next....... 6m 01:06:26 @ 11:04 pace AHR 153 72% Good runs All Roy
                            btb1490

Good morning gang! We've made it to the middle of the week! All downhill from here. Tallrunner- you are gonna have a great marathon in a few weeks. Those were some pretty fast intervals last night. Listen to coach and do the taper that you are supposed to do. PDR- good to hear you are still getting out there. Sorry you aren't back to 100% yet though. I'd tell you to maybe back off a bit more till you are better... but I suspect you wouldn't listen anyway! Wink Amy's mom is so pumped up about running. She's asking me about GPS's and heart rate monitors now. Just in time for mother's day... tet- thanks for the pictures yesterday! perch- hey speedy! Nice set of 800's! I like how you saved the best for last. hopeful4ever- I guess even pooches have off days. 65 degrees is getting a bit warm for them I suspect. Happy humpday to you too! biketm- listen to what your body is telling you please. Feel better soon! breger- a nice kick off to your recovery today. Great picture! Thanks for sharing it. Your wife looks like she is pretty tall too. And I like the "thumbs up" you are giving in your right hand. You look pretty darn good for the end of the race, it must've been the company you were keeping. Smile rochrunner- Happy birthday to your wife! That must've been an awesome pie if your wife, the non pie eater, asked for it. Nice run for you this AM, isn't that your longest in a while? SueT- I was looking for you on the other side of the Sound last night. Speaking of sound, I wish I had an audio recorder with me last night, the peepers were out of control. You slept till 5:40 this morning? Slacker! Wink Peter- don't you get tired of all the perfect runs you have? tomwhite- woohoo on your RUN! Awesome! Did you see the thread on Proprioceptive Training we had going here a little while back. It may be worth your while to check it out and see if something like that could help you along. Continued good luck to you with your recovery. Cmom- good to hear from you and congrats to your speedy daughter! Hopefully the non-runners will be inspired by the performances of others. RoyC- I'm glad you took the time to stop and smell the roses, or hear the birds as it were. It's all part of the running experience. Good luck with your next physio visit. Maybe hills should be avoided in the meantime? Another 1.5 mile walk with Jake early this morning, in just awesome weather! I forgot to mention yesterday that there were seals sunning themselves out on the rocks in the water yesterday AM, but they weren't there today. The foot/ankle feels incredibly good, almost no pain, just some tightness, probably from the stitches and bandages. After the walk, I did a short set of some of the easier PPV exercises. No, I don't think I'm doing too much too soon, everything felt fine. Knock wood. After our morning walks, I play "find the treat" with Jake. I make him lay down and focus on me. Then I take a dog biscuit and wing it out into the back yard somewhere. It's a pretty big back yard. Then I say "Ok, find the treat" and he takes off. It's neat to see how a lab uses it's instincts to sniff something out. Jake starts by circling the entire perimeter of the yard, and progressively the circles get smaller and smaller until he zeros in on his target. It usually doesn't take him more than 30 seconds. When his sniffer is going full blast, it sounds like machine gun fire. Enjoy your day everyone! Smile
                                Great running and workouts already today. Perch! Those are some nice (Yasso) 800s....nice and even. Tallrunner---easy up there on the taper madness just yet! Hopeful---your running is going great and remember that all sorts of paces in training are fine. Bill, thanks for the great photo. You and your wife look wonderful as you come to the line. Gorgeous looking couple. Seemomgo, you have fabulous kids...smart and speedy. Cool. 10 miles today for me at 8:15 AM after dropping Mr. CNYrunner at the Subaru place. He took my car and then I ran back home. What a gorgeous day for a dial-in the pace run. It was 55-58F, sunny and all abloom. Of course it helped that I had my prescription sunglasses on and I could see everything clearly. Wow the colors are bright! Cool I ran the first two miles at easy warm-up pace and then ran the next eight at 7:40 pace---working on form, running tall, quiet torso, etc. OutKast and the Scissor Sisters booming in my ears (well--half booming volume) and it felt pretty good. Ran the last .2 up my street at easy pace and all done. Flying to Chicago this afternoon for a day of meetings tomorrow. Gotta scoot Happy Wednesday all Karin P.S. Roy----I tried to run even earlier just for you, but couldn't get past the coffee maker this morning at 5 AM Wink