Masters Running

Guess What Day it Is? Wednesdaily 6.26.19 (Read 42 times)

HELLO?  Where is everyone?

Quick start (I'm at work).   3.2 miles to start the day.  Muggy but done!    Have a greta humpday.  NO FALLS!!!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

So, we officially have a new rule - good to know.  Wish I knew it before my fall at the beginning of the year.

Dg - I cracked a rib or two myself at the end of December,, but that was when I was scrubbing the wall of the shower and my feet slipped out from under me and I landed on my side on the side of the tub.  Like KSA said, sleeping and especially turning over in bed were quite painful.  I did get a couple of cortisone shots which helped some.  And yes, most definitely send my well-wishes to your brother.  Biopsy of the tongue sounds especially painful.  Remember what Twocat went through?  Ouch!\

Hopesmom - I have never heard of an insurance company doing a drive-by on your house.  That is just sneaky.

5.7 miles for me this morning in 69 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Quiet in here so far!

I was dog-tired yesterday after over 11 straight hours of work and, except for one big night sweat incident and booting Chico out at I-have-no-idea-what-time, neither of which I remember very well, I slept hard.  At some point, The Hub got up and let him back and then he (the cat) proceeded to have a heart attack, like he hadn't seen anyone in years.  I was too out of it to care or respond.  For whatever reason - and I am thankful - the cats didn't bug me until 4:00.  I had planned to go to the gym for a round on the elliptical, but I had that I'm-so-tired-I-can't-think-straight feeling and went back to bed, although only snoozed a small bit.

Depending how the day goes, I may go to the gym after work.  The way I feel right now, it doesn't look promising.

Happy Wednesday ~~

Image result for happy wednesday

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Maybe this is not such crazy running attire afterall.  well, might be a little warm on those hot summer days though. But at least you are protected from falls - - for those that choose to break rule #2

Image result for bubble wrap a person

5 miles last night after work. May do some more tonight. or maybe not. who knows what I'll feel like at the end of my work day. but tomorrow is group run tonight with beer afterwards, so I'll be there for sure. 

David never ceases to surprise me. Tonight is Open Mic night and he has a rare evening off work (only working a morning trip today), so he's thinking of heading to this establishment and doing some stand-up comedy. oh, to be a fly on the wall!

Tammy

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Masters!!  Hope all the stiff and sore folks get limber and pain-free quickly!  As I've heard many times before, getting old ain't for sissies!  DH had a fall several years ago when we were running with Dusty, and Dusty decided to stop short to sniff something with his butt firmly planted in DH's bath.  So of course DH face-planted over Dusty's rump.  His glasses cut into his eyebrow and he was bleeding pretty good, so I took Dusty, helped DH home, grabbed my wallet and keys and took DH to the ER.  Just a few stitches, luckily.  I've tripped over uneven sidewalks, but nothing major.  My only problem once was rolling out into the road ... I scrambled up and moved, because I thought lying in the road was probably not a good idea.

Yoga done, biking done, walk later, quartet rehearsal tonight!  (Sheesh, no wonder I'm tired!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

anneb

That bubble suit would be brutal right now  I'm a sweaty mess at 70 degrees (which I realize is not really that hot)

There have been a couple of bad news stories around the NW Chicago suburbs recently, which is not where I am but maybe 15 miles away, but just has me thinking. One woman attacked at Poplar Woods and another one where a man was robbed at 7am in Busse Woods (yes, in broad daylight!) I run alone almost all of the time, and during the week I run early in the morning. One thing I love about summer is that it's light so early, and the freedom to run on my forest preserve paths (out of the way of traffic, etc). I have never felt unsafe doing this... and I think that I see enough people that I know who everyone is (but of course it's not really all people I see... but most). I don't run with my phone (going along with the fact that I'm relatively close to home and if I ever really needed help someone would help me). As far as robbing me, someone would be out of luck since I have nothing but the whole thing just has me shaking my head. I don't see myself changing (ie, not running alone in the mornings) but I may think about sticking more to streets. Maybe not... who knows.

Anyways, I digress. 70 this morning but not terribly humid. 5.6 miles in the woods to start the day, dare I say I felt pretty good after a super slow first mile. Mostly been thinking about this other stuff as I read something that put it in my face on my train ride this morning.

Let's get over this Wednesday!

Anne

dnaff

I ended up running 5k yesterday in the hottest part of the day.  Rule #2 was firmly etched in my brain.  Someone commented yesterday about how non running people expect us to take the sidewalk.  And, so I did.  Many times.  Sometimes you can tell by the look on their face as they are about to run you over that you better jump up on the sidewalk, safely out of their way.  Anyway... that's what was running thru my mind while running.

First, oohhh - sidewalk time.  Second, oh my goodness step over that curb. Third, all this no tripping stuff keeps my mind off how darn humid it is!   So yeah, a good run with a crazy brain.

Today I've dog walked, put a couple loads of clothes on the line, and sawed the lowest row of branches off the birch tree.   I had to hide the evidence because my husband hates when I get after the birch. (3 cans of yard waste stowed behind the garage)  Next up, lunch and yoga.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

KSA - thanks for the Wednesday confirmation.  Throughout my morning run,  I was wondering of it was Tuesday or today or  not.

I've been to the little pocket park and community garden in Chinatown (as we're still allowed to call it) thousands of times, sometimes two three times a day (even went there with Tammy and Johnny once) but never thought of the 0.1 mile circuit shaped like the heterocercal caudal fin of a thresher shark, sturgeon, Arctic grayling or flying fish with 46 stairs ascending up to the upper lobe as a place to run but ran a quarter mile over there for 22 circuits and 1,012 stairs and two-and-a-half miles.

Don't know if they were doing Starr's Qigong or not but outlasted three elderly Chinese gentlemen in their morning rituals.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

that's a nice little sanctuary in the middle of a bustling city, Tet. That was a fun trip. 

Tammy

Singer who runs a smidge

The insurance company sent us two pictures.  One is captioned "moss on shingles pushing up shingles".  Ok, I get that.  The second one has no caption and I have no idea what problem it's supposed to show.  DH said something about shingles pushing up near the chimney.  But the chimney is on the OTHER side of the house, so that's not it.  Asked for more information ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Joe618

Hi all!   Zoo of a day at work, just saying hello and happy hump day!   Back to the corporate fray now....thanks for the pleasant relief!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Dave59

My wife scheduled carpet cleaning today at 11:00 so I worked the morning and then headed to the gym at 11:00. 5.03 miles on the treadmill. I set my watch to "indoor run" then forgot to start it, forgot to pause it when I stopped to stretch, and forgot to stop it. Luckily I go by the treadmill data anyway. I only use my watch on treadmill runs because the data gets loaded into the work wellness challenge automatically. I got a couple points credit for the day even if it was some weird results.

Both my shins and my right calf were hurting at the start of the run. I was thinking it was because they are my oldest shoes. I stopped after half a mile or so and did some stretching. After that, there was no pain the rest of the run.

Rugs & carpet look good but it will take hours more to dry.  I slipped some plastic sandwich bags over the legs of an old chair so I could sit at my desk.  Tomorrow I'll be able to put the regular stuff back down.

Our department won the Halloween costume contest last October. One of the prizes was a catered breakfast and FINALLY, the company is paying up. Tomorrow is a catered breakfast from Panera Bread.  Bagels, pastries, and our choice of a breakfast sandwich.  Now the only issue is waiting until 8:45 for breakfast. I'll have been up almost 4 hours by then. But I am going to wait.  Maybe some toast at 5:00 AM when I get up so I don't pass out on the drive to the office.  (If you consider how much money I crammed into the voting box for our department it is probably my most expensive breakfast ever. At least that money went to a good cause other than the food.)

Maybe this is not such crazy running attire afterall.  well, might be a little warm on those hot summer days though. But at least you are protected from falls - - for those that choose to break rule #2

Someone please order one of these and drop-ship it to Ann Arbor c/o dg9!

Dave, it works like that for me all the time: I'll start out with what feel like shin splits and if I just stop for 30 seconds or so to let it subside, it usually doesn't come back.

Nothing active to report today. This was my day to volunteer at the library listing donated books on Amazon if they're worth it. I then walked from there to the barber shop and back (head feels cooler now!) and it turned out to feel like a longer trip than it should since it's up to 85+ today. I think I'll go turn down the a/c setting now...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Henrun

I’ll take one๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป‍โ™‚๏ธ

Back home.  After my morning discussion group and coffee with with a couple of guys up to Costco with Marj. Then a 2 mile power walk this afternoon. My “good” knee was a bit sore after 3 days ina row of running and lots of walking. Felt better this afternoon.

evanflein

Just need some duct tape to go with the bubble wrap and you'll be all set. I recall frequent discussions of both Deb and Holly needing bubble wrap at some point...

Did Carolyn say she was going somewhere, or have I just missed her posts? Seems like awhile since she popped in.

5.8 miles this beautiful, sunny, warm afternoon. We've got several fires around us and there's smoke hanging around on the horizon but it's nice here. It was pretty smoky last night, but cleared somewhat today. It's an on and off thing around here.