Masters Running

Sunday May 16 Recovering and Running (Read 691 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

4 ill-advised miles as I recover from whatever has taken over my lungs and throat.    I have to say that it felt pretty good though and I even managed to pull out some slow negative splits:  11:03 / 10:55 / 10:49 / 10:42

4 puppies left yesterday and I have 2 now for another week.    I feel sorry for them, so they are getting extra special attention.  

Have a good Sunday everyone.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...mornin' hopeful//...........remember, the Tough Ones count double..........

========

.....my thanks to jtv//...........used your suggestions from the ''Running with Arthritis'' thread.........

55minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,dropped the cane, 70min total/////////

longest run in a year,

I owe ya one.

......................Good Running to the rest of ya.............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hey, tomwhite!  Good to see you!

Mary, if they felt good, I wouldn't say they were ill-advised.  I like to run when I'm sick, at least if I don't actually feel too bad.  I think it clears out the system.

14.3 miles, 2:05:15, 8:47/mi, AHR 156 (76% MHR)

5@9:09(144), 5@8:39(157), 4.26@8:30(168)

The last segment was tough and I wasn't able to run as fast as I wanted, but all in all not a bad run.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Either everyone is still out running or they actually have a life.

7 miles for me in 1:11:00 for a slow but satisfying long run this morning.  This is the longest since 11/2008 for me.  The half is starting to seem like it might be realistic.  I was noticing a few spots when I was in death march mode, that the pace was 30sec to a minute faster than just a month ago at the same perceived effort.  I'm cautiously optimistic about my gains.

I could feel the extra lunges that the instructor put us through in class yesterday, though.  He said--'shorts season is upon us".  I think this is for the majority of the class who are not male.

As I went by the high school, there was a huge gathering of bicyclists in full road regalia.  I asked one who was stopped what it was for.  It was the Charles River Wheelmen out for a century ride.  It seemed as there were several cenruies of riders participating,  An interesting thing I noticed when I watched a large group take off from a light was a whole bunch of clicking as everyone clipped onto their pedals  Took me a second to figure out what it was--I first thought that everyone was shifitng.  I was thinking of Denise practising   I did NOT see anyone unable to unclip at the light.

Mary--you get to go through empty nest syndrome a couple of times a year   At least you can be pretty sure that they're going to loving homes.

And very nice long runs to Tom and Lou.  Happy runs to all that follow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Nice miles Stumpy and I hope the trend continues.

Looks like WRFB is coming back strong...good running!

I continued my string of run with RA/KR friends and had a really enjoyable long run with WaltRB this morning. He sets a strong pace right from the start. We had a clear blue sky and low humidity, so pretty much IRC all the way through. 18 miles of the Holyoke marathon course with the last 8 miles faster than the opening miles. I'll let him report the data, but it was a successful fast finish run. No need to tie my shoelaces together either, I was working hard to stay apace! What a great guy.

Good news Tom White and great to see you here! 

I hope you feel better soon Mary and maybe the miles helped today, 

Lamerunner! Wow, I read your post yesterday and finally exhaled when I read the line that all is okay---even so, awfully scary hours there for all of you. Hope your DS heals up well and that DD is okay.

It's Commencement weekend here in the Valley so I am staying at home now to avoid the college traffic. Spreading mulch, reading the paper and maybe even a nap on tap for the rest of the day.

Kevin, that's such good news; are you contemplating some upcoming half marathons yet?

Karin, nice feature on Canada J--what an incredible athlete.  I must admit, I didn't know waterskiing is such an organized sport-->w/ dunce hat on head.

Finally, a beautiful spring day!  The crab apple trees are in full bloom and smell glorious.  We don't even have lilacs blooming yet, but soon.  Easy 4 this morning.  Friday, it was looking good outside, Frank was in need of a car trip and I needed a good long run so we packed up and drove east to Brookings for the little marathon there Saturday.  I was the oldest lady in it .

Tomorrow is my delightful MIL's birthday, so we're going to grill up a bunch of fish and make her and some other family dinner. 

Great Sundays to everyone!

grins,

A

......wondering if Francesca is still running.........

Masters 2000 miles

6.2 wonderful miles w/DW this morning 55F & sunny

Mary, careful when it's in your chest,  negitive splits are a good sign though

tomwhite nice that lost the cane

WRFB, I think you went fast enough

Stumpy showing some nice improvement, optimistic  is good but cautious is better. 

Dr. Sheenhan said something like "run today so you can run tomorrow"     

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

.....tomwhite nice that lost the cane

...sadly Sarge

that's ''GimpSpeak'' for had to Use the Cane........

thanks to my GrandDaughter

I am also becoming fluent in Gibberish......

and putting the Finishing Touches on Doddering

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Afternoon! 

Fly-by as I have my afternoon cuppa, but my day is not complete until I stop in here to read about your day, fellow RAers....

9 easy-paced miles (ave 10:12) for me this morning in 58 degrees.

Afterward, I played a very slow 9 holes of golf with DH and a friend on a crowded but lovely course.  We haven't played much golf since DD was born, and are hoping to get out more often this summer.  DH's sister is the assistant to the president of Cleveland Golf, and she gifted me with a new set of drivers and gave DS an entire set of adult-sized clubs, now that he has outgrown his junior set - sweet!  We bought DS a junior membership to the small local course in hopes that he can have some fun there this summer.

Now off to run more errands and then, diet be damned, I think I'll bake a cake and have a glass of wine!

(sigh)

And I wonder why I can't seem to drop my winter weight.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

You speak my native tongue!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

...actually Sarge

that's ''GimpSpeak'' for had to Use the Cane........

my mother tongue... Wink

TW.... longest run in a year??  Big grin

rest day for me today because my rest day yesterday turned into a small run in the middle of the walk & then I did a tiny bit of weeding & a few other things like that &, well, ruh roh.   I hope I can let that be a good lesson to me.    I'd planned 5 by the river,  which might have been a little optimistic but maybe not!    I'll just try again tomorrow.   

I wonder how Slo & Jeanne did this morning!   I hope they did well, had fun, & got to meet. 

Nice running everybody.   Nice to see you Lou.  

mta.   Holly, Big grin

I continued my string of run with RA/KR friends and had a really enjoyable long run with WaltRB this morning. What a great guy.

What impressed me about CNY is that as fine a runner as she is, she's an even better judge of character.

My data is a little screwy since I forgot to reset my Garmin after a brief stop (I had to beg to her slow down so I could catch my breath), but the mileage was about 18, at a 8:08 pace, with several during the last half sub-7:30. It was truly gorgeous out, and until we hit the last (uphill) mile, I was pleased by how sproinky my legs were.

Karin has this ability to NOT SEEM TO BE BREATHING HARD WHILE SHE RUNS AND TALKS. How do you do that? 300-mile months?

All in all, a fine run, on a fine day, with fine company.

Walt

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

barely made it across the bridge at the two mile mark this year of this year's BeattheBridge 8K. 

I remember wondering how anyone could be so slow to get stuck on the other side.

economy t-shirtless DOR entry but BtB cap, fabric shopping bagss, etc.  to Newport for someone.

aamos - you ramping up again now that I got ahead a litte with 20 marathons in Japan last year?

Of course, it's taken me 34 years vs. your seven.

congratulations on your 85th or so first place ag.

huh? caned?  Tom White got caned?

Whatdidhedo this time?.

posie - timely rr's commensurate with good times.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hey Tet, Tom White? Are you two in a competition to see who makes the LEAST sense?

And has anybody heard from SloHand?

Walt

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Amy--I've registered for the Kennebec Rail Trail Half on June 26th.  This time around I started the Higdon Novice plan with a couple of weeks to spare, rather than the last time where I started a week late.  I can always use a little cushion.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.