Masters Running

Thursday 10.20.2016 (Read 33 times)

Henrun

Thank you for all your kind comments and support. I'm going home this morning. Feeling good and I've minimal pain meds. The only advantage of staying overnight was that I could watch the Indians/ Blue Jays game (I don't get that channel at home).

Good running all and enjoy the day whatever you do.

Head Procrastinator

Glad you are sprung, Henry! Will you be doing PT near home?

Got in 30 mins this AM, quite comfortable and no wet boardwalk to deal with. Threw in some bursts of running hard for a few hundred feet, is that a fartlek?

Enjoy the day everyone

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Glad to hear you're doing well, Henry. Happy PT.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun happy return home and good luck with your recovery.

Ran 8 with my former training partner this morning. She apparently mentioned that she was thinking of doing the Naples FL half marathon with her spousal equivalent. Smart man that he is immediately signed her up for it!  She has since downloaded a training plan and wants me to help her through it. I am not sure how much help I will be, since my current plan is to take a number of weeks off from running post marathon to totally heal up. What I am wondering is whether by "training" she means to run a half marathon (I doubt it) or win her AG (a lot more likely).

Speaking or writing of HMs this is a photo of me from this past Saturday's SoNo HM. I am not sure when in the race it is. While I do not look happy in it, at least I do not look like the extra in that werewolf movie that is about to be eaten alive. Hey, you gotta take what you can get.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Glad you are sprung, Henry! 

+1

Hally - yes, that is a fartlek...

Twocat - great picture - you look very speedy!

I had some bloodwork done to check various levels, and the doc said that my cortisol levels are low in the morning and high in the afternoon, which is the reverse of what they should be.  She said, "Do you have a stressful job?"   

6 miles for me on the TM today because was raining.  (See, I know the rule.)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

2C - good luck for the same this weekend.

thanks henry and good morning all.
              PORTLAND MARATHON UPDATE - 6:07:35  6:00:34
              Super thanks to holly for the idea to check out possible revision of Portland Marathon times..

Dear barefoot:
              Thank you for your results inquiry.. 
              Please be advised that your official time
              for the 45th Portland Marathon has been
              changed from 6:07:35 to 6:00:34. 
              Thank you for your participation.

It’s a solid six hour finish I never thought I’d ever see again and fastest marathon

in four years since the 2012 Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel in 5:37:13. 
              ps holly, posie and mikeE  - maybe check yours out too.:
              https://www.runraceresults.com/Secure/RaceResults.cfm?ID=RCAG2016

ps - I'm wondering if ziggy's bear spray worked or not. I hope so.

Hally -

When the moon hits your eye
              Like a big pizza pie that's a fartlek

When the world seems to shine
              Like you've had too much wine that's a fartlek

When you run in a dream
              But you know you're not dreaming signore
              When you dance down the street
              With a cloud at your feet, it’s a fartlek

Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
              And you'll sing, "it’s a fartlek"
              Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
              And you’ll say, “it’s a fartlek.”

When you run real fast
              after running out of gas
              that’s a fartlek

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Head Procrastinator

Thanks, Holly.

So basically, Tet, anything that I want can be a Farlek 

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

We had a good visit with my wife's brother and his wife up north for almost a a week.  While we were there, another of her brothers and his wife showed up for a couple of days.  We didn't have phone or internet service unless we went into a nearby town (10 miles or so).  I don't think I'll go back and look at the daily posts from that period.  However, from today's post it looks like henrun had his surgery.  Wishing you the best in your recovery, henrun.

A little over a week ago, I commented on the spot on my face that the dermatologist took a sample from and sent in to be tested.  As he suspected, it is a melanoma in it's early stages.  I have an appointment in less than two weeks at the melanoma clinic at University of Michigan hospital.  Between the original dermatologist and the people at U of M who got all the test results, it sounds like the feeling is that is should not be serious to take care of.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

6 miles for me on the TM today because was raining.  (See, I know the rule.)

I do too. That is why I did not run this morning, but I waited for the sun to shine this afternoon to go running. 9 miles. Gorgeous weather.

Nice shot, twocat. You do look relaxed and very, very speedy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

I'm glad you're nipping that in the bud, TomS.

SteveP