Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 04/11 (Read 539 times)

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win."

Have a great week ~

Dutchie - 42.3 running kilometers, upper body 1x, lower body 1x, abs 1x

Evryday - 47 running miles a weekly PR!!

Shadowrunner - 29.6 miles, 720 push-ups, 2.5 hrs free weights

Evanflein - 57 miles run, 1.9 miles walked, 40 min pool running, 5 miles elliptical and 40 minutes weights

Stumpy - 5.4 running miles, yoga, upper body strength plus some extra sleep . . .

fatozzig - 18.60 running miles, 1 hr stationary cycling

pfriese - Anybody know where Paul went??

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Geez, now there's a thought to keep in mind at the end of a marathon!!  Thanks, Leslie!

Taper begins! Woohoo! Some people don't like taper, but I love it. I always feel like celebrating when that last big ol' long run is done! Just gotta be careful not to get fat though...

Monday: Rest day, but lots of sanding and painting...

Tuesday: 5.3 miles run, .3 mile walk ----Brrrr, what happened to spring??

Wednesday: 8.1 mile tempo run, 7:51 avg pace, .3 mile walk... another chilly day!

Thursday: 5.4 mile run, 8:19 avg pace, .35 mile walk

Friday: 15:30 on the elliptical (1.7 miles), 20 minutes weights/abs and gentle stretching

Saturday: .7 mile warmup, 5k race (22:24), 2.3 mile cool down: 6.1 miles for the day

Sunday: 10.6 miles run, .4 mile walk

Totals: 35.5 miles run, 1.35 mile walk, token elliptical and weights

That 5k race was a 6 second PR for me!

Taper begins for me as well. 

Erica.....I, too, love the taper. 

Monday............rest..................rest

Tuesday..........6miles............no run

Wedsday........6miles.............no run

Thursday........rest..................no run

Friday..............6miles............9miles...finally got a run in.

Saturday.........3miles............6miles

Sunday...........9miles.............

15miles total

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        Dutchie42

Hi everyone, and thanks again Leslie for keeping us going.

I don't like tapers. I've never done one on purpose.

Mon: 10K easy run + 30min LB + 45 min UB

Done. This morning my run with Spooky turned into a 10K negative split. 2nd half was nearly 4 minutes faster than the 1st half. Late afternoon I followed up with a LB, abs and an UB. And finished with a one-hour walk with the dogs. Easter Monday is nearly over, back to work tomorrow

Tue: 7K hills on the TM + 20min LB

First a hilly run

10 min w.u. @ 9K/h, with 3x30 sec @ 10K/h in the last 3 minutes.
          Hill 1
          60 sec @ 3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3% with
          60 sec recoveries @ 0% inbetween
          30 sec break for a sip of water
          Hill 2
          continued @ 9.5K/h
          60 sec @ 3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3-% without recoveries
          continued @ 9K/h again
          Hill 3
          30 sec @ 3-5-7-9-11-9-7-5-3% without recoveries

Total: 7 kilometers

Then added a 30 minute LB w/o (traditional exercises alternated with plyo exercises).

Wed: 5.5K easy run + pushups&abs (Ilaria)

After 6 consecutive days of running, I needed to sleep in. Somehow I can always only do 5 or 6 days, depending on mileage.

Thu: 12.5K easy run

I'm a bit annoyed with myself. I didn't do any running or workouts. I was studying from7AM onwards till nearly 6PM. I had a couple of breaks inbetween for coffee, lunch etc. But I didn't even do my usual Thursday chores like laundry. I was on a roll and I wasn't gonna stop. But I've always had a hard time combining the running and the studying. Usually it turns out I can do one or the other. Not both. I still have to figure out how to do it all.

Fri: 15 min recovery run + 30 min HiTT w/o + 45 min UB

First did a 40 minute UB, then went out for a run. My lower calfs were incredibly tight this morning #$#@@,. I had to stop numerous times in the first half of my 10 kilometer to try and stretch them out. Serves me right for not running two days in a row. Last 4 kilometers were great though. I did love to be out there.

Sat: 5.5K doggie run + 30min MMA boxing + abs

THE PERFECT RUN today

Gorgeous Spring weather, two dogs that were unbelievably well-behaved, and  I was running the whole 7 kilometer loop without any problems whatsoever. And guess what, we did it in 47 minutes and change. This included a few breaks to wait for Spike to come back. He'd be running way ahead of me and turning right, when I wanted to turn left, etc. But he immediately came back when I called out to him. That doggie must have done an extra 1000 meters easily.

AMAZING RUN 

Had to cut my boxing w/o short. But the 20 minutes were very nice!

Sun: 8.8K doggie run + 10 mile long run

Great 10K run with Spikey&Spooky this morning, despite the depressing weather (grey, windy, cold). Spike was on leash for most of it, cause I was adding another 1.3K to his longest run. If he would show signs of fatigue at the end I would walk home, but he did unbelievably well. Spooky was off leash for the middle part of the run. But she's used to long distances.

I finally did the Push Ups &Abs w/o I was supposed to do on Thursday. The abs part was very doable, but the push ups... oh dear, I'll need months to be able to do all a 150 of them.
          After lunch I added my long run. The weather wasn't too inviting so I opted for the TM, a movie and great running music. And I can't believe I did this. My legs just kept going and going and going. I ran at a steady 9.0K/h with a few 30 sec. 10K striders thrown in to make up for my walk break. At the 60min mark (9 kilometers) I had a walk break for water and a gel. I did:
          20min (approx. 3K) @ 0%
          3:30min (approx. 500 meters) @ 5%
          20min (approx. 3K) @ 0%
          3:30min (appox. 500 meters) @ 6%
          20min (approx. 3K) @ 0%
          3:30min (approx. 500 meters) @ 7%
          20min (approx. 3K) @ 0%
          3:30min (approx. 500 meters) @ 8%
          20min (approx. 3K) @ 0%

Total: 17 kilometers
          My legs just didn't want to stop. But with already 2K more than I had planned, and a R-hip that's been bugging me again since last Friday, my brain decided it was time to stop.
          Amazing run!

Total running mileage:61.3 kilometers

Total biking mileage: 26 kilometers

LB: 2x

UB: 2x

Abs:2x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

I didn't really look at my schedule for this week, but I know it's EZ-PZ.

Mon - Rest

Tues - 4 miles - 1 EZ, 2 RP, 1 EZ

Wed - 3 sort of low miles

Thurs - Rest/Drive to Sacramento

Fri - Recon of Aid Stations

Sat - American River 50-Mile Endurance Run

Sun - Try to Make the Legs Move / Drive Home

Total:

If you guys are interested, at the AR50 home page, you can sign up for live updates.  The more people I have watching me the more motivated I will be to finish and not embarrass myself.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.  Great quote.  Taper for me this week as well.  Never really did one before so I guess just light mileage/running this week.   

• Mon: AM - 15 min core excercises 140 push-ups, 3 sets of abds; 3 sets of pull-ups; mild stretching; PM - 1 hour of free weights [5X5 work-out]  Mostly upper body but did add some heavier leg work.
              • Tue:  AM-15 min core excercises 130 push-ups, 3 sets of abds; 3 sets of pull-ups; mild stretching; followed by easy run 4.1 miles @ 8:17 pace.
              • Wed:  AM -15 min core excercises 130 push-ups, 3 sets of abds; 3 sets of pull-ups; mild stretching, PM: 50 mins free weights UB only.  40 min tempo run [4.97 miles].
              • Thur: AM -15 min core excercises 130 push-ups, 3 sets of abds; 3 sets of pull-ups; mild stretching, PM- Easy 3 miles -done
              • Fri: no run PM: free-weight work-out UB and leg workouts.  1:10:00
              • Sat: no run 15 min core excercises 140 push-ups, 3 sets of abds; 3 sets of pull-ups; mild stretching
              • Sun:  http://www.buckscountymarathon.com/Home.html - completed 13.1 miles @ 8:09 min pace.  I posted the details in the Pre-Dawn running forum if anyone would like to read:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/PDP/forum/Post/b46c88f8ede941b6a3f7df7694ee143f#focus  Just too lazy to write it a second time. 

25.8 miles total this week.  3hrs free weights; 670 push-ups, 1.25 hrs. core excercises.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy taper all.  And even happier 50 to you, Leslie. 

i actually need to check my schedule when I get home.  It may be time to actually start back up for the end of June.

Monday:  yoga.  Done--hot style tonight with the temps around 70 outside, it was sweaty inside.

Tuesday:  3 miles  3.3 with a little sproink at the end.

Wednesday:  2 miles or x-training.  I must have meant rest, becasue that's what I did.

Thursday:  3 miles with weights.  3.44 miles

Friday    Rest

Saturday:  X-training (pupmp)

Sunday:  5 miles.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Renee the dog

The cross-training delinquent is back. (That's me!)

Planned      Actual        
                   M  yoga, run 3      20 min yoga, ran 3
                   T  run 4 easy  nothing
                   W    ran 4 easy
                   T  run 5  nothing
                   F  slideboard/stretch  nothing
                   S  run 9  nothing
                   S  run 3  20 min slideboard & stretch

Yeah.  No reason, 'cept doing things around the house, etc.

Totals: Ran 7, 20 min yoga, 20 min slideboard/stretch. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

pfriese

I'm back from being AWOL for a couple of weeks. Skiing, spring break, and a horrible cold (second of the season) all took their toll. No plan for the week, just get some decent runs in and try to decide if I still will be able to run the OKC Mem Marathon at the end of the month.

M: 8 miles running, 95 pushups

T: 8 miles running, 96 pushups

W: 10.9 miles running, 97 pushups

Th: 0 miles running, 98 pushups

F: 8 miles running, 99 pushups

Sa: 0 miles running, 100 pushups

Su: 16.8 miles running, 101 pushups

Total: 51.7 miles running, 686 pushups

Paul

Monday - a little sore from my "run" of about 200 yards in the middle of an hour-long walk on Sunday, but not too bad; lots of stretching anyway

Tuesday - pilates

Wednesday - 20 minutes walk in new Nike Free Trainers - NICE

Thursday - I WENT RUNNING TODAY!!!!!!! First time in a month.  In my new Nike Free Trainers.  Super-slow.  1.5 miles.  It was glorious and MY FEET DON'T HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Friday - yoga

Saturday - lots of time on my feet at an open house, a little walking and still no foot pain; whoo hoo

Sunday ran 2.1 miles; still feeling good

Thanks, Leslie!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

that's great news, eliz! Yay for pain free feet!

Leslie, that's one helacious climb the last couple of miles! What sadist designed THAT course? What's your bib #? Or can we track by name?

Dutchie42

Leslie: how was your 50-miler? Anxiously awaiting a RR

Joe: go go go... run like the wind. Waiting for your RR too.

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.