Masters Running

Mondaily, 7.23.18 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Great job yesterday, C-R and Joe, and good running/walking all around.

5.8 RW miles at 5:30 this morning in 68° muggy weather with dense fog. Whereas yesterday I tried to just survive the hills on my workout, today I attacked them a little more. My time doesn't show much of a difference, but it sure felt like I was working harder. Some days are like that.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Great minds think alike  When was the last time 3 people started the daily at the same time??

Have a great vacation Jay.

5.75 miles this morning in 60° with about 2 1/2 of it actually running! Dreadfully slow, but it's a start! And I'm sore now. The 30 minutes of weights, core and stretching I did should hopefully help that.

Enjoy this last full week of July everyone. Summer is going by much too quickly!

anneb

4.5 miles this morning in cooler/ not terrible temps (66). I’d also put my miles in the dreadfully slow category, but it is what it is right now. I did see my first baby deer of the season! I ❤️ baby deer.

Anne

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not sure I remember ever having three starters.  Everyone eager to talk about their weekend?

Nice ultra-ing for Joe and C-R.  Sorry you missed the meetup.

I made 3.1 miles yesterday in a mist that I was hoping turned to rain.  It had to be high 90s humidity--just a couple more percent and it would have been a lot more comfortable.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I guess Falcon's "don't drown/'don't drown" mantra worked as, even though I’m such a poor swimmer that, apparenty I can’t get any slower and, even without any swimming training since each previous year’s annual triathlon, my time for the half-mile swim in yesterday’s Seafair Triathlon was about the same as in previous years and I only lost two minutes on the 12-mile cycle course I don’t train for either. However, for the first time in any race of any kind, it took nearly 45 minutes for the finale 5K.  Nevertheless, being so slow has nothing to do with still havin’ fun, especially special this time with a famed Ironman supernun I’d first met out on the lava fields of the 1987 IMH, and getting to celebrate her 88th birthday with other celebrants afterwards.  No wonder I still love running so much.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

Morning all.

We have a new addition to our family. Meet Mistee.

She is an older dog whose owner passed away 2 months ago & she has been in a foster home since. She is a sweetheart who like to play fetch. We were told she put on 20 pounds while in foster care. I think she'll enjoy our big backyard. She is settling in nicely. I only ran a bit late getting out for my early morning run. as we are still settling in on a routine. It was a beautiful morning for an easy 6 miles through the neighborhood. Now off to mow & play with the dog.

Have a great day.

Paul

Dave59

Fantastic ultra running this weekend Joe & C-R.

pfriese - Sounds like your new dog was spoiled at the foster home. That will force you to be the "bad guy" who gets eating better.

I ran 3 at the park this morning. I wasn't expecting much because I felt tired when I got up, but it turned out to be a good run.

I found a miracle cure for my stomach issues ===> black licorice. A guy at work said it could help so I bought a container of the mini pieces. I pop 1 or 2 of those and I have no stomach discomfort at all.  It last for hours and works better than Tums, Alka Seltzer, and Pepto Bismol. It also takes the edge off snacking urges by making feel like I'm not hungry.

Way to get it done, tet!  Sounds like you didn't lose anything by not swim training!

Paul- love your new older doggie.  We have rescued senior Goldens (have 2 15 year olds right now) and adore them.

Anne- I love seeing baby deer!

3.1 miles this morning.  Leg/butt felt tight and sort of locked up for the first couple of miles and I thought I might have overdone it this weekend, but it got OK for the last mile.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Hi Friends! Long time no posting. I miss my running community. Nice work all! I've cut way back on miles since May (my last half). But I have a few things coming up. A bike race Sep 8th and a half marathon Nov 3rd. I'm enjoying doing a bit of XT with the bike and strength.

PFRIESE - Love that you are giving pup a home!

Nice work all!

Have a wonderful Monday! Bless you! Spunky

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Who all is here from the old RW Masters Forum?

TammyinGP

good morning all.

Thanks for taking her in and making her part of your family, Paul. You know how much I adore rescue dogs that are also senior dogs. 

Just a quick fly by for me. Those that I'm friends with on FB know my current situation. I'm unnervingly close to a particular wildfire. and it's path of travel is towards me. We are currently about 1 mile, as the crow flies/fire moves, from a current evacuation zone (and about 3 miles from the actual fire). Our area would likely be next if they have to expand the evac zones.  so yesterday was spent getting stuff in order. Making sure all my important papers, birth certif, ss cards, etc. are filed where they are supposed to be, so in the event they evac us, I have things easily ready to "grab and go" .  I am at work this morning, but basically treating each day like it might be last before "going on vacation" since it could all happen at a moments notice and we'd load up our travel trailer and head out to the coast mostly likely, with no real planned destination in mind - just whereever we can find a place to camp.  At least at the coast I could get in some running, since that's not happening here with our terrible air quality.

Tammy

That's terrible, Tammy.  I'm glad you are prepared, but I hope you don't have to leave.  Stay safe, of course!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

[[[[tammy]]]]

==========

'' When was the last time 3 people started the daily at the same time??''

......any day that starts with Mass Confusion can't be all bad.....

website

was crashed yesterday, so 40-min Elliptical

...40-min x-bike today....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

[[[[tammy]]]]

==========

'' When was the last time 3 people started the daily at the same time??''

......any day that starts with Mass Confusion can't be all bad.....

website

was crashed yesterday, so 40-min Elliptical

...40-min x-bike today....

ah, so it wasn't just me

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Anzlo

A good Monday to all ! ... long time no post ... long time no run.

Mid-May through mid-July things went real bad, barely could walk a mile let alone run anything.  Looks like condition resolved along with yet some more diet inflammation issues unknown prior.  After the last two weeks I am optimistic and have managed to do some running; 5 miles of slow run/walk this AM to encourage me.  I desperately wanted to get through this in time to do an event at the end of August which wife/son/myself have done since the inaugural 8 years ago.  No HM for me this year at the event (no time and distance limited for now) which is where my HM PR is from, but I think in the 5 weeks I have before I can muster a respectable 10K instead ... I hope.

I trust you have all been doing OK and can tolerate a "once-again" new guy this year working his way back into sharing with you.

I see some nice ultras reported, good job guys!

Have a great upcoming week !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD