Masters Running

Wednesday, February 11 - over the hump day! (Read 490 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Lucky Me! I get to start us off 2 days in a row!! I have been awake since 4 a.m. - so I expect to need a wake up call this afternoon! I was fortunate to get my run in this morning before the heavy rains and high winds hit. It was extremely foggy out though - I could not see a hole or mud puddle to save my sole - but I made it through without twisting anything or falling down. I could hear Brinkley sloshing through stuff on the side of the road - that was about it. Overall I'm quite happy with my run today though. 4 miles - 10:03 pace - 159 Avg. HR. Everything felt greta!! Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Wow. Out early this morning Mary. Nice run too! My run today was supposed to be 7 miles with 5 at MP. I added a few miles - made it 10.1 miles instead. Ran totally by feel and never did manage to get to MP though. Every mile except the 1st 2 were between 8:45 to 8:50. Okay, but not MP. I'm going to blame it on the heat this week. 70° at 5:00 AM. Ughhh. I have some adjusting to do since this is supposed to continue till next week. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Like Mary, 4 miles up and over the hump today. Now a repeat of yesterday, gym time, sork, then another presentation in another grad class.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning! Byll-- 70 at 5 am is brutal! Nice run for those conditions Nice 4's Hopeful and craneium I dreaded today but happy now. Track speedwork. The goal today was to get my Yasso 800's up to 8 repeats with 90 sec rest intervals. The target time was 3:25. After a few miles warm-up, the first 800 felt surprizingly easy! the last one was consistent but much harder.
          TimePaceAHRHRmax
          3:236:48160165
          3:256:52162 167
          3:236:48163 168
          3:236:48163 167
          3:236:48163168
          3:246:50163 168
          3:246:50164169
          3:246:50164 169

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

No time to post yesterday's workout so here it is: 8 Miles - 1:00:35 (7:35) 1 mile w/up - 8 x .5 mile hills w/.25 mile recovery jogs - 1 mile cool down 8:24 - 3:30 - 2:05 - 3:27 - 2:05 - 3:26 - 2:06 - 3:24 - 2:06 - 3:23 - 2:05 - 3:21 - 2:05 - 3:20 - 2:05 - 3:15 - 2:05 - 8:22 Wow Bill, 70° at 5 AM is pretty darn warm, hey it's almost 30° here at 8:15 AM! Wink Perch nice workout, once again our workouts were pretty similar.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning Friends Smile Nice 4's for Mary and Craneium....speaking of Craneium, this still cracks me up to this day when he posted this before my fall Marathon and meeting Ribs Friend Kelly (K2 as she likes to be called).... "TimBo- Do not listen to Tammy!!!!! I would splash on copious amounts of Aqua Velva, put on the Hugh Hefner autograph smoking jacket, a little Barry White and armed with some classic lines like are you tired? because you've been running through my mind all day (running wimmin love this running reference)...Bow chicka wow wow!!".... Big grin, now that was funny. Nice 10 Billy - meant for 7 but ran 10....now that's great, and don't worry about not hitting MP...you are running so well right now. And my sympathy's for you having to battle with such brutal weather conditions Roll eyes Smile Just weight and core work for me at the Y last night. Boy, it must have been YMCA reunion night as the place was PACKED wall to wall Confused Oh yeah, I wasn't going to say this, but will since everything is fine. I stepped in a pot hole Monday night on my 7 miler. I wasn't planning on running so far, and it got dark on me. So with 1/3 of a mile from home, I didn't see the pot hole and the front of foot got yanked upward, and my heel downward hard...and yes it was my foot that was injured, as I was like OMG PLEASE PLEASE don't let this hurt my AT again. Was a little sore yesterday, and almost pain free this morning...thank goodness. The problem living in a area where the weather gets very cold, then warms up, causes pot holes to pop up everywhere. Oh well, all is fine and good Smile Hope everyone has a Greta Day, Oh yeah, no wimmin incidences at the Y last night Cool TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Perch nice workout, once again our workouts were pretty similar.
                I see we're about equal in speed... as long as I'm running flat and you're running uphill Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

Perch.....Great workout ! Nicely done. Hopeful.....I was up at 4am too. Timbo.......we get some dry roads now we have to deal with the potholes. Last Night: The body never ceases to amaze me. I scheduled myself for an easy 8 miler last night. I started off and literally just felt like I had cinder block shoes on. "This is going to be a long 8 miles" I thought to myself. I promised myself I would do a minimum of 4 miles before I made any decision on changing my workout plan. Somewhere between that promise and 4 miles everything came together. The run was a breeze. I ended up clocking 7.85 miles at an 8:06 pace and from a precieved effort I would say slighty over easy. Hmmmmm It should have remained a slow and easy jog but sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Stuck it in the log as a moderate effort so I'll try to keep the next two days nice and easy. Great swim this morning. 2000 yds non stop....no rest rest strokes and maintained my form! Finished with 500 yds of easy 50 yd repeats.

Marathon Maniac #957

Evryday and Pfriese – scary times. Glad your families were not hurt by the tornados. Paul – softball sized hail? Yikes! Parch – very nice repeats, and I notice your HR didn’t change that much. You’re definitely in awesome shape. Mainerunnah – same to you about the repeats..Smile Timbo – I have the same pothole problem here on some of the darker streets. Glad your incident didn’t do any lasting damage. 3.15 miles today with CNYRunner (yay!), (ave pace 9:48) in the rain but with warmish temps (54°). The time went by all too fast, but we get to do it again tomorrow. (yay!) Plus 2 more miles on the TM makes 5.15 miles total for me today. Last night DD cashed in one of her One Hour of Mom’s Time and Attention coupons from the coupon booklet I gave her for Christmas. We divided the hour between playing Guitar Hero, Littlest Pet Shop, and a backrub for her. The priorities of 6-year-olds are interesting.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I, too, did interval repeats, but not nearly as impressive as Maine's or Parch's (I like "parch" -- he always talks about how much water he needs heh heh) Ugh, 70°, Bill. And I thought 57° was warm the other day. Tim - glad you're ok -- that would have been really unfortunate. Lucky Holly and CNYRunner, what with running together and all. 5x600m, 90 sec intervals 2:18(16Cool,2:25(171),2:23(170),2:25(171),2:21(180). The repeats were at about 6:25/mi pace. Overall: 8.1 miles, 1:04:51, 8:01/mi, AHR 154 Good runs, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

No run for me today - hoping to get some core and upper body weights done this afternoon. Jesse and I are driving 220 miles round trip to attend a dog agility class on Tuesday nights. Unfortunately, the class doesn't start until 8:30 which puts us back home around 11:30. Much too late for this old lady. So, I'm sleeping in on Wednesdays while DH does a few miles on the treadmil. Amazing what lengths we go to for our kids, uh dogs. Good runs on the list already and more to come! Happy hump day all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

8 miles with T this morning...we were just taking it nice and easy til the last mile and he wanted to "race" me...last mile was a 7:35...luckily he only runs 3 days a week and I had a few gears left...8:23 pace overall for a 1:07 flat. Nice 800's for Perch and Maine Have a good one...
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

"older but not dead yet"

8.2 miles in the woods. All by myself. Beauty in abundance.
                            Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.
                            Mariposai

a sloth this morning...i opted for more sleep (got 9 hours in) instead of a run, but will go out this afternoon. Just wanted tos say wow to peerchcreek.........wow man........that must have hurt. way to go. byll...not all runs can be sweat, right? great way of hanging in there for 10 miles. Holly, you lucky gal running with CYrunner. Next time, please give her a hug for me.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Wow, great interval running today. I didn't get the memo that Wednesday is interval day, not that I am ready to run 8 x 800 anyway. Greta job Perch, Maine and WRFB. SLO, it is amazing how the body works that way. I have had similar experiences - ready to give it up after 5 but sticking with it only to get into the flow by 8 miles or so. I've had this happen on some long runs and been really amazed. Great run for you today. Tim, glad to hear that you suffered no lasting damage from the pothole incident. Sounds like you need to stay off the roads after dark. Holly, very cool that you got to run with CNY today. I am envious! Funny about your 6 yo dd! I have a 7 yo dd and Littlest Pet Shop is just huge. Can't say as I see the attraction but they just love it. I think more than anything they just want to you to spend time with them. My two dds share a room and a bunkbed. They made signs for their bed (Lily Land and Kate Country) and then drew "tickets" to give me so I could come spend time with them hanging out and watching Disney Channel. LOL! Six miles on the TM today in 8:04 pace. It felt pretty easy and the TM is always a lot easier on my knee than the road. Lifted weights afterwards and did my rehab knee exercises. Knock on wood, I really think they are helping.

Once a runner . . .