Masters Running

Monday April 9 (Read 41 times)

mrrun

Happy Birthday Henrun!

Run (walk, bike, hop, swim) 84 minutes, 8.4 miles, 8.4 seconds or some division/multiplication of that number in his honor!

coastwalker

Mornin' Marge and everyone.

Happy Birthday, Henrun! I didn't quite hit the 84/8.4 on my workout this morning, but I'll find a way to fit it in. How nice that Boston is having a race next Monday in your honor!

Sunday’s workouts/races:
      RunnerKSA (6.2 final dry Scottsdale miles)
      Bioguy (16 cold & windy boiled-potato miles for 52 mi. week)
      Pfriese (10 miles with the running club in IRC)
      Stumpy (3.1 lake miles in 38° temps)
      Holly (20 miles in 24-mid 30s temps under clear/sunny skies)
      Deeze (.5 mile TM warm up + Body Pump +2 TM miles)
      Mike (6 miles)
      Tet (YRC Marathon in 7:57, barefoot or with geta for 2nd AG?)
      Tammy (5 walking miles with each dog)
      Quickadder (18.6 miles at 10:03 pace)
      Evanflein (4.1 hilly afternoon miles)
      Surly Bill (10.5 EZ miles)
      Falconfixer (fair amount of walking)
      Twocat (Danbury HM - PW with possible hamstring issue)
      Mariposai (8 miles, and happy with that)
      Steve (4 snowy miles with a gaggle of dogs)

Welcome home, KSA - congrats to your DD.

Been there, Bioguy.

Yep, Stumpy - DW is always right.

Tet, congrats on another successful YRCM! The guy (Bob Kennedy) taking over for me after this year as race director of our 5K did well at the YRCM: 4:10:44, 1st in 65-69 AG, BQ #49, marathon/ultra #190.

Good luck with tax season, Quickadder.

Yeah, Bill. Some days are like that.

Twocat, I hope your early diagnosis of your hamstring issue is wrong. Sorry about the half.

Good time with the dogs, Steve. “Accidentally” picked up Tucker? How’d that happen?

Today I went 6.15 relatively EZ predawn RW miles in breezy 28° temps under clear skies and about a 2/5 rising crescent moon.

Have a greta Monday (especially you, Henrun)!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay, and happy birthday, Henrun!

Top of right leg is acting up- something is tight and not resolving.  Ugh.  Will work on it today some and try to loosen it up.   2.1 miles done- quite a weather change from Arizona, 42 and gloomy.

Forgot to mention, for any of you who are country music fans.  I was in line to board the flight in Phoenix yesterday and the guy behind me was strange looking (longish shaggy hair, big trucker cap...) which is not unusual for Nashville flights with all the musicians.  He saw my company logo shirt (we are encouraged to travel in logo gear- leads to great conversations and customers) and wanted to tell me how much he loves our stores and how he grew up going to them and asked me what I did.  We had quite the chat and then people started coming up to him for pictures and to say hi.  I said to him, "Oh, of course!" and got my own picture.  Big Kenny from Big and Rich.  He told me we should sell their line of shirts etc in our stores.  He was really fun.  I think most of the people didn't quite recognize him- their day in the sun has passed, but they are still touring a lot and had performed at a festival in Arizona.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Happy Birthday Henry! I hope Marj spoils you rotten (like she doesn't normally do that) today and makes your favorite birthday dessert.

Thanks for the most excellent recap Jay.

Steve - I always love the pictures of all the doggies. Don't know how you manage having them all in your truck at the same time. And good luck with your job situation. Sugar mama, eh? DH is looking for one of those too. Good luck to both of you!

Sorry about your right leg KSA. You too Twocat. Hope whatever is causing the problems resolves itself quickly.

Nice job of building up slowly Erika. I know it must be hard. Hang in there Tammy. Same to Mariposai.

I didn't get 8.4 miles in Henry's honor this morning, but did do 5.75. It was a balmy 26° here this morning with no wind. My new "normal" is run until it hurts, then stop and walk a few minutes, and start running again when it stops. It's my right leg that's bugging me too. Not sure if it's hamstring, IT band or hip. Not good. Not good at all. Has anyone ever done dry needling? My PT suggested it.

I've been filling 3 bird feeders in our back yard all winter. I just looked out there, and counted 16 birds on one of them! Holy cow. At this rate, I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage on the house to keep up with the birdseed bills!

Have a great Monday everyone.

Dave59

Happy birthday henrun.

I didn't know soon enough or I would have 3.36 miles instead of 3.04.  (3.36 = .84 * 4)

It was snowing pretty steady this morning and even sticking on the grass. Made feel like I was back in Michigan.

Supposed to be 80 by Thursday. Maybe it will hit 84 in honor of henrun.

...Happy B'Day henry.........

chiily in knoxville

50-min HH on Greenway

Good Rinning to Ya,,,,,,,,,,and a Pox on laptops,,,,,,,,,,,,

eta-

yes, it ays ''Rinning''

eta-eta-

and it left the ''s'' off says

meh

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

good morning!

working today but my son's tennis match is about a mile from my office, so will go watch him play this afternoon.  This is our one nice day of the week - mid 70's and sunny. Then back to rain until the weekend. Will take dogs for a walk when I get home tonight. 

David did well at State competitions for his FBLA public speaking category. Took 3rd in State which earned him a spot at Nationals but he's not going this year so the 5th place person will have the opportunity to go if he/she wants. (top 4 at state advance to nationals).  He also interviewed for a scholarship that is specific to Oregon FBLA leaders attending OSU.   He did get called for an interview and not all that apply even get an interview but he didn't get the scholarship. I know he was disappointed since it's a 1 yr full ride and I had to hide my disappointment because well, a one year full ride would have been pretty sweet. 
                He has 2 scholarship interviews tonight though, so will keep fingers crossed that one of those comes through. 

Mariposai - not much news on the injury front. Still just keeping it all low/no impact so my shin feels fine.  I have 2 more treatments this week and then doc will reassess. So my return to running is still unknown at this point.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - your family dogs are lucky to have you!

Happy Birthday Henry!

Tammy - we'll keep our fingers crossed for David.  He sure sounds like an awesome kid.

No run for me today, no nada.  I was up in the middle of the night dealing with a dog with diarrhea and just felt like sleeping in a bit.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

Today's run, 8.4 kilometers for henrun's birthday

Paul

My workout was too early this morning to get the 84/8.4 memo!! Hit the gym just after 4:30am for 1.5 treadmill miles, upper body circuit and a 1 minute plank - showered and at work for a 12hour Monday!!

denise

Anzlo

Started out this week with a 13 miler this morning in really nice weather, 40's and no wind or rain.  The rest of this week is likely bring running in the rain for most days unless I manage to get lucky and miss the showers which on some days will be intermittent.  Some days will have wind but not like this last weekend.  DW finished off her 21 miler on Friday ahead of the bad weather and is glad she didn't try to do it on Saturday.  On occasion she admits I have a good idea.

I did not see the "84" request in time, but ... Happy Birthday Henrun !

I hope you all have a good week !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Happy Birthday, Henry!!!   We all want to be like you when we grow up.

2Kitty - Nope.  I'm not going to even contemplate you having hamstring issues again.  . . . 

JLynne - I belong to a FB page for high hamstring tendinopathy.  A few folks have had the dry needling done, but think it's about half and half as to whether or not it helped.

SteveP - I LOVE your doggy pics and adventures.  Good luck on the job front.  You and MikeE seem to have gotten the rough end of the stick in that regard over the last few years.

Oh, Tammy, dear - I see you signed up for a certain 15k . . . .

45 min of core/ST for me this a.m.  Like Tammy, we have beautiful weather today, but rain expected tomorrow through Thursday.

That's it.  Ta ta for now ~~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jay - yep, those were the days.

Has Bob picked out no. 200 yet?

For some reason, I didn’t make it to the fitness

classes I like this morning but made up for it

with a dave59-like 14 minutes of relax

and recovery in the Jacuzzi

and an 8-min/24-sec sauna.

KSA – neat.

However, I’d’ve been one of the dummies

same as I was back in 1985 when the elevator got real quiet

after stopping on the second floor for a shorter, middle-aged guy

with disheveled/messy dirty blonde hair like a dish mop and dressed

way too casually not only for his age in jeans, corduroy sports jacket,

no tie, etc. but also way too casual to warrant going on up the top floor

reserved for only the upper crust. When we got off midway up,

I heard someone say it was Robert Redford.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Thank you all for my birthday greetings.

Ran 84 minutes on a cold but sunny morning on the Charles this morning. Then Marj took me to my favorite Irish pub for lunch and a good sized draft. Of course, that meant a long nap this afternoon. Now I’m ready to celebrate the remainder of the day by enjoying our new digs and a couple of good walks later.

bioguy

Happy Birthday Henry

Got in 4 after work; lots of school stuff to do as grades need to be finalized for the 3rd quarter and also need two day of sub plans to make for Thursday/Friday.

Tailwinds!