Masters Running

OK, it's Wednesday, 11.2.16 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Nice 5+ miles in mild weather, Holly, and 6+ for Leslie, also in excellent weather - Thanks for the movie report, and congrats on signing up for Mendocino 50K and congrats on the comp for the Mud Run. 50K + 25K in one weekend? Wow!

Nice 6er, Twocat. How's the weather today?

Happy pending birthday, Tammy, and congrats on the Robert Cray tiks. I hope you got good seats. Congrats also on the new goodies courtesy of the Wild Rouge Relay! How nice that you'll be able to get a ride with the Coast Guard in Trinidad...

Nice 3-miler, Dave. Yeah - 12 hours is a long work day!

Great solo job on the Halloween display, Stumpy! And that's a lot of candy!

I doubt it too, Tet. But let us know.

Good Spring-like 5, followed by some good pool work, Pfriese.

Nice 4-miler with a friend, LaT. I didn't read the article about the quintuple tri - the pictures were scary enough!

Good 4+ trail miles in the rain, Enke (don't tell TC). Mr. BE likes his bikes, eh?

Congrats to the GDs in their soccer tournament, and good luck to them at the State Championship. Good, tough run with the XC team - yeah - never let em' see you suffering!

Steve, I would have liked to see the Silly String and the curious cat...

I went for a little over 3.5 RW miles this morning, but it wasn't pretty. I had planned to go 5, but my right hamstring is still way too tight, and it wasn't ready to loosen up. So I did a lot of easy stretching and rolling when I got back, and will likely try again tomorrow.

Have a greta whatever day it is!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

No running for me today. Just a bit of time on the elliptical watching Fear the Walking Dead. I am on season 1 episode 3. But, So far I think the spinoff is better than the original.

Here are some pictures of the Halloween village Mariposai put together at my house. The photos really do not do justice to it. You can only get a good shot of very small sections at a time and you miss the whole village feel you get in person.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...mornin' guys//.........back in knoxville, gonna hit their Y and see what they got

on another note,

had to watch the ''Sports News'' here  twice,,,,,,,,,,,the Vols are playing the Fighting Wombats from where I live///////////////

are they kidding??

we're like 0 and 85 and take naps at halftime

this is Madness

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

This is Wednesday, right?

Love the Halloween pics from Kevin and Matt!

5.5 miles for me in 56 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

TC works on quite a different level of scale and detail than we do.  DW would love that display.  (she does one occasionally for Christmas)  Very nice!  At least it gives him something to do other than check the weather.

On the running front--sleep is still more important at the moment.  I still need to help DW get set for the night, so no early bedtimes for the present.  But she's doing well--the knee made it to 90° yesterday and the PT said that's doing great.  115-120° is the ideal ending point.

Oh yeah, I think it is.  wasn't sure, since I was out of work on Monday.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

wow! that's quite a Halloween village! I love it!

A friend of mine got married on the 29th - a halloween-style wedding (a very classy one, not cheesy at all).  she had an amazing black/white lace dress, it was gorgeous!  And then they went to DLand for their honeymoon and are partaking in all the Halloween fun that DLand does. I always thought that would be such a cool place to go to for HWeen.

Jay, we got great seats for Robert Cray - but this is a small venue, so really not a bad seat in the house, but we are the 7th row from stage, center section. it'll be a great show. 

Will run after work today. shooting for 4 or 5 miles.

Tammy

Twocat – Does 65° and sunny sound a bit warm, and that wind, uff-da!  Posai did a good job on your display.  We had about 100 kids at our door for Halloween, ran out of candy and shut the lights off.

Did you get your new remote, Jay? I’m ready to spend big bucks to get one and only one remote. I counted five in our living room to run stuff. It gives my brain a workout trying to remember which is which.

Enke – Happy mountain biking, hope it doesn’t rain!  You are right, you didn’t have much choice once you were out there.

MikeE – Go GDD’s! Go Cross Country teams!

Stumpy - good progress for MrsStumpy, hope it continues.

Tammy –I have never heard of a Halloween style wedding! Oh, we are getting your weather today, 60°, sunny and no wind. I am taking off at 1:00 to do some flower unplanting and putting pots away. Hopefully I will have time for a run too before Celebrate Recovery tonight.

I am curious what running log you ordered? What does everyone else use? I have been using this one for several years now, but don’t always journal my notes like I should. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KG8OF2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2CMFR67TJ8BTU

Actually, I keep one (or two)excel spreadsheets too. Then there is the Garminconnect.com that syncs with RA. It is just all too much. I haven’t figured out what I like best.  Planning for a race is usually just printing out a one page schedule but I should probably enter that into a program.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

pfriese

Early morning 6 mile run up/down a local "mountain". Top was hidden by clouds. It doesn't compare to wildchilds environs, but it's the best we can do down here in the flatlands. Also, another nice 1100 meter lunchtime swim.

Road to the top, nearing cloud base.

Road to the top

View just before entering cloud.

View

View from the top.

Paul

mrrun

great halloween pics.  living in a condo, i didn't know if any of the kids would come, so I had a bunch of quarters.  no one came, so now i'll feed them to the parking meters.  GD2 got a dollar, but she's family!

biked 15 miles to have lunch with friend, while DIL brought homemade wontons for Henrun.  He's doing fine also, now using one crutch, shortly only a cane.  fortunately, we've had some nice days for short walks on the Charles and local parks.

marj

mta: great pics Paul!

ok

30-min PoolRun, with belt, closed fists, run in shallows

,,,,,,,,,they have a Salt Water pool wich is kind of neat,

very friendly folks,

an AquaRobics group was in session, but no Ovation with the Noodles this time, must be losing my touch

good running guys

ps,,,,,typos due to this friggin laptop,,,,,,,,,,,

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hi.

I am happy to read about Henry's recovery. And happy that Mrs. Stumpy is recovering well, too.

Yesterday was All Saints Day. I went to 0700 mass. It was nice.

It was an appropriate day to say good-bye to Veta Louise Simmons. Veta was our 16ish years old rescue dog. She was mostly miniature schnauzer and 100% wonderful companion. She was our dog and our joy for over 14 years. I got her in the spring of 2002. DS2 was only 9 years old when Veta joined our family.

She was failing and didn't know where she was anymore. So I called the vet yesterday morning and said, "I need to make Veta's final appointment."  The vet's office handled everything with such grace and compassion. Ralph and I stayed with her and we were crying like babies. Even the vet and the vet tech were getting misty. She was their patient for over 14 years.

Anyway.

I rode the fat tired bike for about 40 minutes today. It was 75F and sunny.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{RCG and family}}}  We recently said goodbye to a much-loved pet as well.  It is so hard to say goodbye to our furbabies, but I know you gave Veta a wonderful life.

Pfriese - I love the pictures!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

What? today is Wednesday and I have not run a single mile this week . Life is just too crazy at work and community activities to fit in a run unless I want to get up at 4am or run while the Easy Pacer is eating dinner alone, which will be so wrong. I have to figure something out for the rest of the year. My crazy budgeting months just started. I decided I am taking a whole week from running this week, a sabbatical per say. I have some fun adventures this weekend that will not allow me to run at all until next week. Se la vi.

Twocat, it was so much fun helping you put the Halloween village together. My inner child always comes out when I help you put the village together.

Stumpy, I am so glad to hear that your lovely DW is doing much better.

Paul, nice run and great pictures.

Marj, glad to hear that the young man is doing well.

Off to bed now. Must drive for an hour for a two hours meeting tomorrow, which starts at 8am. It is so good that I love my job because it makes a difference in my community. BTW, I convinced the local churches to start a rotating shelter for the homeless...yeahhh. We started last night. I am happy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

(((((Buehrle)))))

SteveP