Masters Running

Thu Mar 11 Runs and Workouts (Read 525 times)

Good morning, everyone!

I was tired of starting to feel like 9 min/mi is the new "normal", so I ran a little faster the last couple of miles.  So far, so good -- we will see how the adductor feels tomorrow.

9.1 miles, 1:19:21, 8:42/mi, AHR 148 (72% MHR)

1 - 9:08(136)

2 - 8:55(142)

3 - 9:05(140)

4 - 8:56(145)

5 - 8:51(147)

6 - 8:51(145)

7 - 8:48(148)

8 - 8:07(150)

9 - 7:41(167)

10 - 0:59(168) [0.13=7:37]

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Geepers Lou - look at that last mile!   Nicely done!!

Well, well, well ..... I ran 3 mornings in a row, just like the ole' days!  Big grin    I was going to skip it but decided I should at least go out and get in 2 miles.    It was SO foggy, I literally could not even see Brinkley!   It is amazing how much a large garbage can by the side of the road looks like a person.    I knew right away that as long as I didn't run into anything that I might have a pretty good run this morning.    So, my 2 miles turned into 4 -no walking - miles.   Big grin   10:25 pace     I calling it my confidence building run of the week.

Happy Thursday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Lou and Mary.....Mary, have I told you I Luv You lately (smiles), and good job getting out there and being more regular running!!! ------I sorta found myself in the same postion Lou after running a very easy pace base building for months over the winter, and felt stuck at a certain pace I didn't want to stay at. I mentally prepared myself and started adding 8:00ish miles during my runs and now that is some what the norm for me already, and now I will start adding some 7:00ish pace runs then all will be back to normal for me -----I had a very good MLR with track work last night (on tired legs) - that I posted last night late. It is suppose to rain quite a bit today so I will get out for a 7 mile recovery run sometime before the rain arrives.....but it is warm enough, that the rain would not be a big deal anyways - Hope EVERYONE has a Great Day......You ALLLL Rock Ya know - TimBo -----PS: Wish I could have a doggie where I live (sigh)

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good morning everyone.  I've been away for a bit, battling a nasty bug.  No, not the kind that invades human bodies, the kind that infects a computer.  All this effort and cost to just get the system back to where it was before.  What a waste.

Anyways, spent 11 miles on the treadmill watching Blade - Trinity.  Quite a way to get the blood flowing.

We were supposed to have a maple festival in my hometown this weekend.  It was postponed a week because of expected bad weather.  The bad weather - just plain rain.  When I was a kid...

Tramps

Nice progression, Lou!

Great confidence-builder, Mary.

Tim, nice to see you getting all that speed back so easily.

Dare I say it?  It was hot and humid this morning!  No kidding. It was already 50F when I left and--not being accustomed to it--I was sweating up a storm climbing the hills.  Yuck; this is about 15 degrees warmer than I'm hoping for on race day next week.  I did 10 MP miles and it was a struggle from start to finish.  I'm really down-shifting into taper mode now, which is fine with me.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

WRFB – nice fast-finish run there!

Mary – nice didn’t-run-into-anything run today.

Tim – you are speeding up very fast!  I sent you an e-mailed, but it keeps getting bounced back to me.

PBJ – I thought maple festivals were in the fall...or is that apple festivals?

10.2 miles for me this morning in 51° (yay! Sorry, Tramps, but that is nearly my FAVORITE temp - could even have been a bit warmer), with 5 miles in the middle at

8:46

8:39

8:36

8:40

8:44

Plus 70 push-ups (25+25+20) 

I was actually aiming at roughly 8:50ish for those fast miles, but the warmer temps were working their magic and lending wings to my feet.

I love springtime. 

My kitchen tile project is going to cost WAY more than I thought - $4,500!    For a large kitchen (22 x 13) and an entry way (7 x 7)!  I nearly had a heart attack when DH came home from Lowe’s with that price.  He assures me that, with the subfloor that has to be built, that is in the range of what he expected.  Plus part of that price is the $500 he spent on stain-free grout.  $500!  On grout!  This better come out to be the floor of my dreams.   

(sigh)

But, like DH says, we're not ever planning on moving from that house, so we may as well do it right on every project we take on.  I already felt guilty because I’m pulling the money out of my Roth IRA to do this, but that was when I thought it would be about $1600.  Now I REALLY feel guilty.

It would be made all better, though, if I got that job I interviewed for.  Won’t know for at least another week.  My friend who works there said that, out of hundreds of applicants, they picked only 5 to interview, so I do feel flattered that I made it that far.  Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning, gang!

Lou - smokin run!  Good to see you at the top of the list again!  Where' PDR??

PBJ - I was surprised to hear that Hebron postponed the Maple Fest too - thought it was supposed to be rain or shine.

Holly - Maple syrup is spring, maple leaves are fall.  Ouch on the kitchen tile price, but I bet it will look really good.  Got my fingers crossed that you will get the job.

dg - sorry about the butt!

5.4 miles on the TM this morning - alternating 5 minute incline walks with 5 minutes of jogging.  Yoga scheduled for noon.

Any fellow Kashi addicts??  There's a great new Kashi cereal - can't remember the exact name - something like berry crisps.  Worth checking out if you haven't tried it.  My mostly plant-based diet has dropped my cholesterol level 27 points.  It was starting to creep over 200 (not really worrisome as my last HDL was 93), but now it's well under 200 again.  That said, I'd sure like another cheeseburger............

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Tramps hot and humid!  Bring it on!!!  Cool and getting ready to pour for three straight days here.    I hope my latest round of deer spraying holds up.

SueT48 Kashi is too healthy for me.  I go for the junk adult cereal category.  Quaker cinnamon oat squares should have as their slogan, "Just like cookies!"  Yum!

Holly S.  as my DW says home improvement projects only come in units of thousands of dollars.  I would say 4 and a half units is pretty good for a new kitchen.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Two easy miles for recovery. This brings me to 30 miles this week. It was windy out there. I sure hope I don't have this kind of weather this weekend for my long LR. Oh well...we got to embrace the weather right?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly  - I would say 4 and a half units is pretty good for a new kitchen.

Yes, but this is only the FLOOR!  We haven't even begun the cabinets or countertops.......

Sue - I love Kashi Crunch cereal!  I saw some new flavors on the shelf, but haven't tried them yet.  Greta job on bringing your numbers down!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Lou - smokin run!  Good to see you at the top of the list again!  Where' PDR??

Thanks!

She's around and doing well -- just we're both up to our ears at work and there's only so much time...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

wildchild

Carolyn

BQBYLL - check your RA messages and call me about dinner on Saturday!  Hope you're enjoying the skiing with all the new snow we've been getting.   It's certainly not H&H here.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lou... that's very nice to do the progression like that!

Tramps.. National Marathon is so soon?  I hadn't realized.  I die in heat too... but 50?

5 miles with 2 at 10:40 with the dog anchors then 3 at 9:20, nice and easy.  55° in shorts and tee and sweating alot!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Kimmie

I actually know what Tramps is talking about... we're just not used to it yet.  I have sweated WAY more this week than usual and I actually think I got overheated on Tuesday (it was 70 at the end)

Tramps, where are you?  I'm guessing DC area.  Smile  I'm in Loudoun county.

Quick 4.5 miles, 8:50 pace- mile repeats all about even- so more like a slightly faster than easy run rather than repeats.

Mariposai

That was a great w/o for Lou. Butterfly hugs to Predawn queen!!! I miss her here.

Holly, just look at it as an investment. It should bring the price of your house up. 

My DH and son enjoys the Kashi cereal. I am an oatmeal girl myself and I like my oatmeal goldilocks style...not too hot, not too cold. Being lactose intolerant I have to save my milk product intake for the yummy and sinful things like cheese, icecream, cheesecakes, which I love. Just give my my oatmeal with fresh fruits on top with a little bit of honey and I am  happy.

Erika, someday WE will have to go hiking, I know you will enjoy hiking and camping once I show you how to do with style Smile

Theresa, hallar, francesca...where are you guys???

and isn't it time to have a TALL update?

fattozzig, my ultra queen!!! here is the link to the trail marathon in the Methow. The course is not too hard and not too easy...goldilocks style you may say  http://www.mvsta.com/summer/sunflower.html Enkie, francesca, dave, anyone else want to do it??

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard