Masters Running

Monday August 2nd runs and ramblings (Read 501 times)

A beautiful morning in Western NY. Out for an easy 5 with DW before she heads off to work. I have an interview on Wednesday for another college volleyball coaching position. It might be strange coaching at a different school, but I'm excited for the interview.

Good runs all.

An easy four before I start my day; probably another tonight. Good luck with the interview, Crane.

Walt

trombone

6.5 @ medium pace with some hills.  70-degrees here in central Kentucky.....gorgeous morning.

Trombone

2.5 easy miles this morning as my Cutback week begins.  I'll be shooting for 35 or so this week.

I grew the weekly mileage nicely in July from about 30 up to 50 miles per week.  But the Long Runs have been challenging.  I can seem to manage 15 to 17 okay, but haven't been able to push above that (yet).  I don't really need to till later in August, so no problem.  But I'll try to hold the mileage at 50 per week and find a way to get those 18 to 22 milers in late in the month.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Mark me down for 6.5 miles too. 

Strange morning.  I malfunctioned. My garmin malfunctioned.  Saw a  stunning sunrise, which make me say out loud "Oh wow!" as I turned the corner and spied the beginning of the huge, super-red sun peeping up over the ocean.  I see about 1-2 months' worth of sunrises here a year.  There's not too many that make me talk out loud.  So manfunctions mattered not; it was a great day to be out!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Slo

Hey All !

It's another week. I can't believe it's August already. we haven't even snuck in a family vacation yet.

7.1 drenched miles. Nice pace....not hard, not easy, just felt good.

Good luck on Wednesday Craneium.

Bill, Ive been struggling to get my long miles in too. One is just doing them....two is if I do --they have been such a struggle. My mileage has really been hurting......There won't been any PR's set in the Twin Cities I'm afraid.

Busy days......some key dates fastly appoaching this month on the work calendar......<<sigh>> work....

i'll join the 6 milers today - 6.0 to be exact, struggled with an achy back causing some hip and  sciatic nerve pain but it was a beautiful morning and just happy to be out there!

happy monday!!

denise

Mariposai

It is Monday and it is already a "good monday" for many folks here. It seems like Slo-Hand had a "Goldilocks run"...not too hard, not too slow...just perfect.

Craneium, ACE that interview, OK? 

Walter' new avatar is pretty cool. A keeper, I would say.

Good mileage Bregarcito. A slow progression is what I am after too. How many 20 milers do you have in your "Tinman Plan". 

trombone, welcome aboard!

Can't wait to hear about Francesca's giant adventure. and Tammy's relay fun weekend.

Rest day for me. I had a three days in a row of good, but longish runs, so I decided to rest my wings today and go back at it again tomorrow. Besides, my allergies are acting up today! and breathing is hard 

First week of "cooking post" for DS. this week..next week is DH's turn, wish us luck with the meal we savor this week. I came to the conclusion that if something were to happen to me the boys would starve to death or live out of canned food, so off to the kitchen they go, except on the weekend when I reserve the right to be in my beloved kitchen . BTW, this is a huge sacrifice on my part since nothing is more relaxing to me than cooking.

Denise, I just saw your post. I am so glad  to see you were out-there today! Butterfly hugs to you sistahh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Good mileage Bregarcito. A slow progression is what I am after too. How many 20 milers do you have in your "Tinman Plan". 

Tinman only had me do 1 20 miler before Columbus (my BQ).  I think I did 2 before Boston.  But after Bayshore I'm doing it on my own (sans Tinman) and I hope to do 2 or 3 20 milers.  (I need the late Stamina).

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

lamerunner

Good morning! Nice morning here in NH too.   I guess i got the memo; I ran 6.5 also, pretty easy pace. Legs a bit tired but ok. DH and I played a littel tennis late yesterday; between that, the run and the long hike the old legs were whining a bit.  Intestinal issues the last couple of miles, which made things less than comfortable. 

Off to visit BC this afternoon.

evanflein

Rest day for me. Well, sort of. Heading back up the hill to the blueberry patch with DH this morning. It's not really "rest" because it's actually quite strenuous, especially on the lower back, glutes and quads. Yesterday's failed long run told me clearly that running and picking don't mix very well. So I'll focus on a few more berries for the freezer instead.

Funny how a mileage "them" seems to go through the thread sometimes. 

Holly, that picture was of a shaggy mane mushroom. It's hard to find them in such perfect condition, and they're so good sauteed in a little butter!

We've had gorgeous hot sunny weather here. After such a wet July, it's nice to finally get some of the hot dry weather that we missed out on earlier this year. The one problem? The fire to the south of us has really kicked up, and we smell smoke every morning.

Good Morning!

So lovely to read about everyone's sunrises and early runs.  Thanks!

Good luck with the interview, C.

I'm out of theme today--no miles, just the gym.  Last gym day before we hit the road for Ft. Collins Thursday.

It's been 3 years since I did the Ragnar Relay, so any tips, advice, cautions,  etc. are most appreciated. 

I've been in an avocado phase lately.  I've been buying one everytime I go to the market.  Ever do that, just fixate on a food for a while?

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                          Slo

I've been in an avocado phase lately.  I've been buying one everytime I go to the market.  Ever do that, just fixate on a food for a while?

I know exactly what you mean Aamos. My avocado kick alawys seems to take place when they are out of season and cost 3x as much. I'm coming off of a Mango phase.......Looks like French Vanilla Ice cream is up next....the top shelf stuff......Mmmmmm

A lot has happened since my post on Friday.  tet, you posted neat, scenic,  pictures of the endurance race.  hallar, yesterday's run makes me think you made progress with your calf concerns.  Sarge, I hope the hip pains go away.  craneium, I liked the anniversary pictures.  Sarge, I hope moving your daughter to Cleveland for grad school went well.  I can't say I'm looking forward to doing the same for my daughter in two weeks.  Aamos, congrats to your friend getting promoted to "full bird".  That's a big one.  Woods Lady, it's great to hear from you.  franc, I can't wait to hear more about your tough ultra.  fatozzig, happy anniversary.  steve, mowing 3 acres with a 22" push mower sounds like a whole  lot of work.  Maybe the goats are a good idea.  craneium, good luck with the interview.  nono, it's neat you got to see such a great sunrise.

Nice long runs for fatozzig (trails), breger, perch, Aamos,wild (part with dogs), hallar, CNY (including 10 mi. race), ribs, holly, dg, fatozzig, DfromBG, and evan.

The weekend road trip my daughter and I took to Peoria (Bradley University) went well.  The driving wan't bad except for some delays due to road construction.  We accomplished our main mission of finding an apartment.  My daughter likes it, the location isn't bad (looks like a decent neighborhood and about 15 minutes from school) and the rent is acceptable.  I got in a 4 mile run in Peoria, the first 2 with my daughter.  On the trip back, we had lunch with my best friend from high school and his wife and then supper with my son and his wife.  I was happy to get home a little late last night and am feeling tired and lazy today.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS 

And then there was the runner who applied to manage a Marathon gas station so that he could tell people that he ran a Marathon every day
                                Vista