Masters Running

Thursday Mass-Management Goal Thread (Read 358 times)

Tramps

Running this week was carpy but I lost another 1.1 pounds. 

Start = 160

W#1 = 158.9

W#2 = 157.8

Goal <155

Ideal = 150

How's everyone doing?

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

mass-management - I like that....

Down a 1/2 lb this week, to 112.5.  I'll take it.

Next week we go on vacation, though, staying in a hotel and eating out more than I'd like, so who knows what the damage will be....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

I just happened to weigh myself this morning.

I've been hanging right at 160. Thats down 5 - 7 lbs from where I'm usually at. I was thinking........dropping another 5lbs before the Marathon could be pretty beneficial.......all I'd really have to do is cut out the beer.......Well that ain't going to happen.

Most of what I've lost is muscle mass. My arms no longer fill out my shirt sleeves........Sorry Honey.....no gun show tonight.....LOL.

I think I'll shoot for 155 by Sept 27th......does that seem reasonable ?

MTA......We're going on vacation next week too Holly. We had to change our original plans of going to Niagra Falls because school starts a week earlier this year and I could'nt find any rooms availble in St. Catherines for next week.  It'll have to be a late Spring trip for next year.

#artbydmcbride

I am holding steady, no gain, no loss.  I guess that is good fro having been in San Francisco all last weekend.  Smile

Now I am going camping.  hmmmmm

When I get back, I'll try to stuff Holly with donuts!  Big grin

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

When I get back, I'll try to stuff Holly with donuts!  Big grin

Ohhhh, my weakness.......plus cookies and cake and ice cream and pie and chocolate..............

Slo - where are you going?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Slo - where are you going?

Way up North to Lakewood Wisc.  We're staying at a Vacation home on the Peshtigo River where we'll do some white water rafting, if the water is high enough, other wise it'll be shooting some minor rapids.  Bike riding, Hiking, Horseback riding and swatting at deer flys.

here

When I glanced at the title of this thread, my brain registered "Stress-Management Goal Thread."  And I'm on vacation.  Yikes!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Ooh vacation, that'd be nice ... some day Sad  We'll probably get some in next month (as in Sep).

Probably lost a 1/2 lb, last week the scale was wavering between 106 and 107 but settled on 106.  This week it was solid, no wavering on 106.  So I'll take 1/2 a pound a week for a couple of weeks, that'd be alright.

Main thing is it wasn't on the plus side ... esp since I had m&m's yesterday AND cheezits Smile  <TMI Warning> I'm guessing the weakness was due to hormones ... </TMI Warning>

Mass-mgmt ... I like it!

Amie

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                  TammyinGP

I haven't stepped on a scale in over a week so not sure where I'm at, although I feel like I might have found a pound or so that I previously lost.

But I did buy a new pair of shorts yesterday that are longer in length that I can wear to work and they were a size 6. I haven't been in that size in years - since before I got married, so over 10 yrs ago.  Although I have a feeling that over all those years, designers have changed their sizing. I don't think "this" size 6 is the same as the size 6 I wore long ago.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Managed to slip my mind about the scale this morning   I probably have more mass to manage than I should with a couple of salty food days this week.  Lots of water today and we'll see what shows up tomorrow.

Slo--I wish I could move things back to my arms and shoulders from where they've migrated.  But THAT ain't happening either, so I better just get rid of it.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mass-Management <chuckle>

Weighed in at 142.8, which is good, considering I've slowed down a bit the last week and a half . . . and last night I ate an entire large double chocolate muffin.  Yes - it was very good and I felt absolutely no guilt at all.  Amie - I think I'm where you are (hormones).

SLO - 155 at 6'0" That seems awful skinny to me, but maybe you're just one of those skinny types?

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Hangin' out around 126 -- scale did dip below that number briefly earlier this week, but I'm not going to count it until I see it again!  That would be too cool if I was finally getting to 125. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

durn hormones.   I went to weigh myself this morning & the scale was gone!    nowhere to be found! 

(did anybody believe that?)

TammyinGP

DG - check your front lawn - that's probably where it landed when you threw it out the window . . .

Tammy

DG - (raising hand in the earnest way of Hermione Granger)  I DID!  I DID!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance