Masters Running

Evryday's subject of the day (II) (Read 226 times)

Have you ever seen a runner giving thanks? Me too. I'm thankful for all the members of this running group. Every exchange of thought is valuable...thank you evryone. Thank you to Eric for running this website. And also a big thank you to Al Gore whose invention of the internet makes this all possible. MTA.....Hey, I just made a funny....I said, "Thank you Eric for running this website" and its a running website....get it? a running website....hoo boy, I crack me up...how do I come up with these?
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

In the end, as a runner, I'm thankful that I *got it* about running. How many people are out there with two good legs that think they can't run? I'm glad to say I got that number down by 1. The only 1 that I can really control. I don't know how long I have, but if something would happen that I can no longer run, at least I didn't waste my opportunity. Very thankful for that.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

People can choose to be Thankful people or they can choose to be Bitter people. It's not what happens to you but how you react to what happens to you. Bad things are going to happen. None of us are exempt. But I always feel as if the running community looks on the Bright side of things and moves forward. We all have Bad days where we feel down. But generally Thankful people realize what they have to be Thankful for and get bounce right back to being Happy and Joyful. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

#artbydmcbride

I am thankful and grateful for being able to run, and to have such wonderful imaginary friends as all of you too! Smile

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #3309

Staying with the being thankful / running theme. I am Thankful I finally made piece with myself about "non" running, and being smart about my recovery and hopefully soon return to running...all of you have helped in this difficult process...thanks!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

DickyG

Hey, I just made a funny....I said, "Thank you Eric for running this website" and its a running website....get it? a running website....hoo boy, I crack me up...how do I come up with these?
              Evryday...you are absolutely getting funny in your declining years. DickyG
                I'm thankful for everyday I can run Smile Smile Smile I'm thankful for races, so that I have incentive to train Cool I'm thankful for my running club and this website so that running is so much more than just exercise Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I'm thankful that we CAN run in this country. So many places in the world are wracked with violence and oppression that running (other than to dodge gunfire) is not even a consideration. Let's keep it this way! Hope everyone has a great T-day, good runs and, for those who are recovering from injuries, a quick return! Big grin Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

arf

MM #405

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin arf

#artbydmcbride

Borrowed this from elsewhere for all of youse: May your stuffing be tasty May your turkey plump, May your potatoes and gravy Have never a lump. May your yams be delicious And your pies take the prize, And may your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off your thighs! Happy Thanksgiving Big grin

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wishing everyone, everywhere many reasons to be filled with true thanksgiving. thanks for being part of mine.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

munchkn883

I am so thankful for everyone on this site....and some that moved to "the other one"! You all are such an important part of my life....true cyber friends! May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!