Masters Running

RA Masters welcome RW runners!!! (Read 769 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Wow, I'm going to have to go back and read many posts. Thought I'd jump in and introduce myself to the RW folks as well. I'm not in here very often due to lack of keyboard time, spend more time in the Pre-Dawn Patrol forum where I have been actively participating since early 2009.

First - a hearty welcome to the RWOL crowd!

I'm 66, disabled Vietnam Era Navy Seabee. I retired in Nov 2010 after 45 years in Engineering and Management positions in the Aerospace industry. Started running the summer of 2008 three months after a 3/15/08 heart attack. Was surprised to fall in love with it, even tho I started old and slow and getting slower. It helps keep me sane and is one thing I can do to counteract the negative effects of Agent Orange. Am currently living in Austin, TX near my two youngest children (daughters) and have lived in a number of places after growing up in Astoria, Queens, NYC. Enfield, CT; Nashua, NH; Orange, CT; Cherry Hill, NJ; Austell, GA (Atlanta), Fort Worth, TX and now my final resting place, Austin, TX.

As I like to say "Ya'll Keep on Keeping On!"

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

A big, welcoming group hug for the RW refugees!! It's a delight to read your stories. OK, enough of that -- time for the real Econo: I'm (choke) 50 and am launching a comeback. I promise to increase my mileage by 1 mile/week for the next few months, to come here and post often, and to toss around abuse like I used to. Somebody has to keep you guys in line. (waving hand dismissively). Now stop reading this drivel and go do your planks.

Hello everyone.

I'm another RWOL refugee, 66 years old, not retired, and living in Suwanee, GA, a suburb of Atlanta. I race everything from 5ks to marathons.  Currently running 55+ miles per week, seven days a week.  My marathon PR is only 4:22:12, but I'm hoping to go sub 4 some time this coming fall.  The marathon training plan I'm currently following is the purchased Hansons'  "20 week, 40-60 miles per week" program which I like a lot and am trying to follow religiously.

I'll be running the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on March 17th, the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon on May 11th and will register for my 6th consecutive Chicago when registration opens.  I may nose around for another marathon for later in the fall.  In addition where will be the usual handful of 5k, 10k and half marathons thrown in.

I've been using RA for years for my Garmin data, but just never participated in the forums.  Guess I'm here to stay now.  Smile

...Welcome Aboard RV///........we needed some more Southerners........be sure to check in at the Daily....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

It seems that every group has a "Dailies."  I'm currently posting to the one in Marathoners.  I doubt that I'll duplicate these posts to post in several other groups.

Just B.S.

Hi everyone! Been here since the RW folks moved over but only today discovered the Masters Forum!!

I think I'm actually a Grand Master? Yesterday was my 51st birthday!

My screen name are my initials. I like them and used to be Just Beth on RW and thought this new start

would be  a good time to use my fun initials.

I'm in Canada and spend 4-5 months of the year freezing my ass off and 3-4 months running in snow. My

favorite season to run is fall. Been running 25+/week since spring 2000, first half marathon in 2003.

Hubby started running 4 years after I did and seeing him run Boston in 2010 is what motivated me to run my

first full at age 48 after 16 halfs. Was only going to do one but we all know how that goes.

We also cycle and compete in duathlons. Hubby has now run 14 fulls since his first in 2005 and as you can

see from my siggy we are doing our next full in May.

We have two boys (21 and 23) have been married 28+ years and sharing this love of running/cycling for the

last 10 years has been such a huge blessing to both of us. Our older son ran his first full at age 16 with my

hubby.

Our goal is to keep running and travelling to races (although not necessarily racing them) for as along as

many years as we can.

I haven't gone back to read all the posts but recognize some folks I know already.