Starr- 3 mile walk with more incoming weather

Anzio 7

evanfelin- 3.1 elliptical then some walking

Henrun- 3.5 BoSox stadium miles

Wildchild- 6 in Golden Gate PArk

MikeE- 7

pfriese- 8 while battleing bronchitis

TwoCat- 8

falconfixer- 3.2 plus a nice recap of his day.

me- eh, struggled through a 10 mile tempo, 11.75 total. My goal marathon is in 3 weeks; really pondering how to pace it as everything had gone pretty well up til yesterday. I put in 175 miles in March which is not a lot by many folks on here's standards, but is for me and January and February were good buildups. I'll do 6 or 7 easy today; probably run a 2 hour study session for my AP Bio students at 6 pm today. I buy pizza and go over old test questions with them.

Tammy- thanks for the description of muscle stripping. Sounds as if Stephen King thought of it. On the other hand my PT once decided dry needling would help me. I think the impressions of my fingers are still visible on the padding on her table.

Tomwhite- what is poolrun with letters?

Lots of talk of Sketchers, weather, and both the good as well as the challenges in our own lives and those of our loved ones......

MikeE- I booted my son out of my house after he got a second DUI. They were several years apart and he had a drug conviction while in college at VirginiaTech. He was not contributing a lot in the house even though he had a decent job. Hanging out and partying a lot. He had to do weekends in jail and finally saw the light. Keep the faith.

Apologies in advance if I missed anyone.

Tailwinds!

Slo

Hey All,

New here...Thought I'd introduce myself...

So I thought I'd go back and get caught up on things but going back two years proved to be a little daunting and a lot of reading so I only went back two days.

It's so great to see so many familiar names! For those on FB, You know I continued to follow you.

Right now running is non-existent for me but I am still active in the our local running community.

I've been back on RunningAhead laying out 3 new courses and just had to peek in on the dailies.

So, take care for now! I'll be back. (Just so I can share a photo of my grandson!) 

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thanks for the great start, Bioguy. Don't judge your racing capability based on yesterday's workout. We all have our good and not so good days. Good luck with tonight's study session.

Welcome back, Slo-Hand! Post any time, especially with photos.

Nice starter-post yesterday, Dave.

Why do we all like it (Tammy, et. al.) when our therapists work hard enough to hurt us? Meebe 'cause it feels so good when they stop?

Good luck to Mike, Starr, Deeze, and anyone else dealing with very challenging family illnesses. You're all good and smart people, so just keep doing what you think is right.

Thanks for the insight into how the Reserves work, Falconfixer. It's always interesting to learn how another person's life moves along. Your reassignment process seems to me, from the little I know about it, to be not all that different from my nephew's, who is in charge of the Coast Guard station on Martha's Vineyard till June, when he and his family move to his next assignment in Virginia.

I gladly let the bed magnet snag me yesterday, but not today. I got up a little earlier than usual and went 7.75 RW miles in 24° temps, under the light of a half moon. My headlamp died a little more than a mile in, and I couldn't bring it back to life. So I kept going and tried again in mile 5, when it came back on and stayed on the rest of the way. I have no idea why it died, so I guess I'll take the batteries out and put them back in or something.

I'm volunteering at the sales desk at an annual art show/sale/fundraiser this evening. DW knows it's dangerous for me to be there - I've never come home empty-handed.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Good luck to Mike, Starr, Deeze, and anyone else dealing with very challenging family illnesses. You're all good and smart people, so just keep doing what you think is right.

+1    This is an area I have zero experience with, either personally or through family members. Reading your trials reminds me of how fortunate I've been.

Hi Slo!

Jay--it'll be tough to match Martha's Vineyard as an assignment.  Should be warmer in VA, though.

5 miler.  Beautiful day in the 60s today; 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. Huh?

Be safe. Be kind.

5.4 desert miles this morning.  Legs are tired from yesterday walking all over this resort to get to the various meetings and events.  Now have to rush to breakfast and seminar.  Desert Hummer tour activity this afternoon.

Thoughts are with all struggling with family members with addiction issues.  Been there.  It’s a helpless feeling.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

New here...Thought I'd introduce myself...

Ummmm...not new, just on an extended vacation  So nice to see your post this morning Grandpa. Post pictures please - the more, the better!

(((Mike))) I feel so bad for you, and having these issues in my family, I know how much stress you're under right now. I think "tough love" is harder on the parents because you always feel the need to help your kids. I'm hoping that Eric will figure out he has no where else to turn and finally seek treatment. Your family is in my prayers.

You too, Starr.

Keep your wallet at home tonight Jay!

We got almost 9 inches of snow on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, and it's snowing now. Already an additional 2 inches on the ground, with winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight, we're supposed to break a record for cold temps at this time of the year when it gets down to 13°

This is April, right?

a 5k on the treadmill at the Y this morning, followed with 45 minutes of weights, core and stretching. The twice weekly PT thing isn't really helping much. I wish there was a cure for "old age."

Don't know if anyone is interested in golf here (DH is an addict), but he had the Master's on yesterday afternoon. Poor Sergio Garcia. He hit 5 balls in the water on a par 5 hole and ended up with a 13 for a score. It was like watching Kevin Costner in the movie "Tin Cup".

We're going to see Chappaquiddick later. Probably won't be anyone under the age of 60 in the theater!

Have a great Friday everyone.

pfriese

Well said. And know that we are all thinking, hoping, praying, etc. for you in this time of crisis.

I'm still fighting that cold. Bronchitis is a lessening, but still have serious sinus drainage... YUCK. But all in all, it is getting better.

Weather is a changin' here. However, it was a beautiful morning for a 7 mile run... 58 degrees with a light breeze. Later today a cold front will move through bringing freezing temperatures and the possibility of snow. We are expecting a hard freeze tomorrow morning. The orchard is in full bloom, too.  So, I guess no apricots, plums, or peaches this year. Still hopeful the apples & pears will be OK as they are just budding out.

Looks like we have a bunch of racers this weekend:

04.07  tetsujin - Yakima River Canyon Marathon (wooden geta sandals)

04/07  Opie - County Senior Olympics track meet (the first of my life) 800m & 1500m, Las Cruces, NM

04/08 analogkid - Statesman Cap10k - Austin, TX

04/08 runr_nut -Statesman Cap 10, Austin

Swift feet to all & have a great weekend.

Paul

TammyinGP

I guess my HM for tomorrow needs to come off the list.   Although with just about 100% of rain/wind, guess I'm not TOO broken up about it. 

David is at State Competition in Portland for FBLA. Texted me this morning that he advances to the final round and he also advanced to 2nd round of scholarship interviews. Hoping he does really well on both counts. 

Heading to the voodoo doc for another session of torture in a few hrs. 

Tammy

Dave59

It's 52 and sunny here. I got in 4 miles at the park. Tried my new Sketcher's Go Run Road Ultra 2s on the road. Felt as good as yesterday's TM run.

Winter weather advisory for tonight through noon tomorrow.

I could always make the degree symbol by holding the ALT key and hitting 2 4 8. It stopped working yesterday, but only in Chrome. I have searched the internet and I find many people with the problem but so solutions that work. Kind of weird, but I can live without the degree symbol in Chrome.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Winter’s on it’s way!”
                      That’s what billboards are proclaiming
                      about prospects for an NHL team after 10,000
                      pre-season ticket subscriptions sold out in 12 minutes.
                      Unfortunately, without any background in either, to me,
                      hockey’s only of slightly more interest than soccer.  
                      However, I’d love to go with Tramps or Dave.

. . . just keep doing what you think is right.

that’s for sure.
                      Sometimes I used to wish I could blame some of our family drama

on something other than parenting.  Fortunately, both kids, and us,

seem to have survived it all.

Paul - you used to take such great vacations.
                      However, where’d you get the cold.
                      Could have been up here in the PNW, that’s for sure.

Don't know if anyone is interested in golf here (DH is an addict), but he had the Master's on yesterday afternoon. Poor Sergio Garcia. He hit 5 balls in the water on a par 5 hole and ended up with a 13 for a score. It was like watching Kevin Costner in the movie "Tin Cup".

Jeanne -  in recounting the same, a local announcer said his golfer brother once said if he hit the ball into the water a fifth straight time too, he’d quit golfing.  It did, and he did. However, apparently, Jack Nicholas' 15-yo son did a little better on a Wednesday exhibition round: his first hole-in-one. Guess it'll be high on the list of topics for weekly call with my former state champion and HS coach sis later today. 

We're going to see Chappaquiddick later. Probably won't be anyone under the age of 60 in the theater!

Good thing I love running as I'd rather watch soccer, hockey, or even golf, before that.

Maybe if I could spell it, . . . ..

Speaking of running, off with DW for a two-and-a-half hour drive over Snoqualmie Pass to this afternoon's annual meet-up of the U.S. 100-Marathon Club before tomorrow’s Yakima River Canyon Marathon with all the other aging back-of-the-packers who refuse to honor our younger vows to quit running marathons if it ever took five hours.  Yippee.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

It's 52 and sunny here. I got in 4 miles at the park. Tried my new Sketcher's Go Run Road Ultra 2s on the road. Felt as good as yesterday's TM run.

Winter weather advisory for tonight through noon tomorrow.

I could always make the degree symbol by holding the ALT key and hitting 2 4 8. It stopped working yesterday, but only in Chrome. I have searched the internet and I find many people with the problem but so solutions that work. Kind of weird, but I can live without the degree symbol in Chrome.

i use ALT 0176 in windows if that helps.  have noticed that it does not work on my tablet with a reduced Win10 package.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

i use ALT 0176 in windows if that helps.  have noticed that it does not work on my tablet with a reduced Win10 package.

I tried it and that one does not work either. As soon as I hit the 7 my browser goes to the home page.  (On 248, as soon as I hit 4, my browser goes back one page.)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It's 52 and sunny here.

there is so much going on herein that I completely don't understand and I'm sure you're talking about something else but if it's posting degree marks, I know some people who just type an "o" and then elevate it to a degree mark by using superscript on the task or whatever the bar line is, it will be the first time I've known something about computering that someone else doesn't take for granted.

52o

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Anzlo

David is at State Competition in Portland for FBLA. Texted me this morning that he advances to the final round and he also advanced to 2nd round of scholarship interviews. Hoping he does really well on both counts. 

Tammy - Best of luck and a clear mind for David's final rounds on both opportunities.

My thoughts and prayers are with those of you are dealing with family and friends that are struggling with addiction issues.  I tossed up a few "arrow prayers" this morning for you all.

Decent day this morning for a run, 52 degrees with a light rain for my 12 miles.  I talked DW into doing her long run today instead of tomorrow with a rain/wind storm coming in tonight and all day tomorrow.  She's retired too, but like me the old habits of running long runs on a Saturday are somewhat ingrained and doing such on a weekday feels wrong.  She was stubborn about doing it but admitted that with only four weeks left she needed her 21 miler.  I offered to run with her for at least some of it but she was emphatic about her "NO", not wanting me to inadvertently apply pressure making her run too fast.  So, she is still out there, probably until lunch time at least.

Have a nice Friday and a great upcoming weekend with a shout out and God's speed to all event/racers !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Dave59

there is so much going on herein that I completely don't understand and I'm sure you're talking about something else but if it's posting degree marks, I know some people who just type an "o" and then elevate it to a degree mark by using superscript on the task or whatever the bar line is, it will be the first time I've known something about computering that someone else doesn't take for granted.

52o

For me, it has to be the real degree symbol or nothing at all. I couldn't live with a goofy lower case, elevated "o".    I don't know why, but it reminds me of careless programmers.

52°