Masters Running

I Don't Want to WEIGHT For Our Lives to Be Over . . . (Read 384 times)

(I've been listening to a lot of Paula Cole lately) 

Love this quote from Woody Allen: When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have!  We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty.

145.5 this a.m.  Better than a sharp stick in the eye.  And after listening over and over . . . and over to the women at my new job wax on and on about weight, I've decided to try and become friends with what I have since it doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.  I won't welcome additional friends with open arms (and will stop trying to become one with the dark chocolate candy-filled bowl), but I'll try to stop sneering at the ones who have decided to hang around a little while longer.  Maybe if I just ignore them, they'll decide to go away.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Yeah, well fine for you, girlfren. I'm not welcoming these couple of pounds, who have since invited a fiend to come and stay! ah, the very nerve. 142 this morning, and yes this caught caught my attention.
      SteveP

Down to 195. I'm now using the original notches on my belt.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Yesterday I was at 118 - my alltime high-end-of-the-weight-range-that-will-still-allow-me-to-button-my-pants-but-just-barely.  And that's just my fat pants.  I can't even get into half of my work pants.  This has got to stop...stop the insanity!.....

Today I'm at 117, and this weekend we have no cookout/dinner party/out-of-town plans, so I have no excuses for not being at least reasonable in my eating. 

I know how much better I feel and run at 112, so it's time I got down there and stopped enjoying my food so much!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

169.5 this morning and still wishing away a few pounds.Summer used to be when I could drop a few pounds simply because I was busier and didn't snack as much as in the winter. This year it just seems like lots of  parties and that they have provided free lunch at work for the summer and that, believe me, is a bad thing! I am cheap so it will be hard to start taking my own lunch but starting next week that is my first step.

Last night  : dinner and drinks with the sibs.

today :            day at the beach

tomorrow: open house for nephew(will these ever end ?)

Sunday:   Purge I guess. 

Good luck everyone

At least I am an  active fat person

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #957

At least I am an  active fat person

Larry - like you, I'm finding that all the extra fun and activities we're doing this summer are sabotaging my weightloss efforts...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Larry - like you, I'm finding that all the extra fun and activities we're doing this summer are sabotaging my weightloss efforts...

Ditto. But I just keep the activity up and try to minimize the damage. I've stayed about level this week. Couldn't do my weekly weigh-in this morning since the Y is replacing all the flooring and the "official" scale wasn't there. but I'm around 162 or 163 lbs right now. 155 by September is still the goal.

TammyinGP

Erika, I know you don't want to be in the 140's, but please stay here a bit, k? makes me finally feel ok with my weight that I've eeked down into the 140's (even if I am at the opposite spectrum of that range) and am in the same range as you. . . . although I hope that is not your motivating factor to get out of the 140's!

These cereal and/or toast dinners I've had all week seem to have helped my weight loss

Tammy

evanflein

Tammy, you, me and Leslie own this range.  But yes, I'd love to be in the mid to upper range of the 130's. Like Holly, I just know I feel better and run better with a couple less pounds to haul around. I'm hoping I can get my evening snacking under control again. That, as always, is my weak point and when I do lose a little it's because I find other things to do... and the co-problem (or cause of the main problem?) is our crazy summer schedule... we seem to eat dinner really late many days of the week. So by the time "dinner" rolls around between 8 and 9 pm, I've already eaten enough to count as "dinner." Soccer should be winding down next month, so maybe....

Erika - I've never met you, but you must be a small-boned person to be 5'9" and be able to stay in the 130s fairly easily . . . well, once you get there.   I tried to maintain a weight of 135 a few years ago, but I had to deny myself too much - like eating in general.  Once I get back down to it, I can maintain 140, staying within 1 or 2 pounds.

I talked to Coach last night about my weight gain from AR50, and he thinks that because of the strenuous workout schedule I had, it took my body awhile to realize it didn't to hang on to so many calories anymore.  But my schedule is about to kick into gear again, so that should help.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

having met Erika a few times, I can attest that she is tall, thin, svelte and ripped. This girl has phenomenal muscle tone!

Tammy

All you tall wimmin are so lucky. And to be 5'9" and complain about weighing 130? Please!  I'm 5'3" and getting shorter every year. Add age with a slowing metabolism, menopause, and a little plantar fasciitis and what do you get? FAT!!! Up 2 pounds to 123 after a week of vacation and absolutely no running. Going out for dinner every night I tried to watch what I ordered and didn't eat much during the day. I stayed active playing golf, biking and swimming, but the cocktails before dinner and no running to burn off the extra calories have made this a bad week. Worst of all? My foot is still sore.

Marathon Maniac #957

Up 2 pounds after a week of vacation and absolutely no running.  

Actually, I think you did pretty good here....give it a week and you may find the bloat comes back off quickly....and I know exactly what you mean, being that I am here at 5' 1.5" and shrinking...

All you tall wimmin are so lucky. And to be 5'9" and complain about weighing 130?

142.  Still . . . .       Love ya, Erika!

JLynne - Coach and I also talked about age and metabolism.  *sigh*

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

SteveP

Taking my lunch has made a big difference. Also getting a thermos for coffee. While making deliveries, I don't stop for a refill...then give in to temptation.

During the work week, I'll have an apple around 9:00 even if I'm not hungry at the time. If I skip, I'll prolly over do it later. Lunch around 11:00 and a back up apple for the afternoon.

SteveP