Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 9.26.17 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (4.1, including 2.6 morning miles and 1.5 post-work TM miles)
    Dave (3.65 fogless miles with calf twang)
    Tramps (PT exercises + 20 min of 3:1 run/walk with quad angst)
    Holly (core & light weights)
    HopesMom (run/walk with Dusty & DH and 1 hill)
    Tomwhite (rest day & yard work)
    Rochrunner (3+ miles in some heat)
    Tet (5 morning miles with only a couple ‘o drops)
    Twocat (7 new-route miles with the training partner)

Mike (7 miles with a couple of groups of XC kids)

Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles, 16 post-work bike miles)

Deeze (8.2 Maine morning miles with good speedwork)

Happy Anniversary, Tammy!  Happy Birthday, Steve!

I'm very sorry you have to cancel your trip, Twocat. Will there be an opportunity to reschedule?

And I'm very sorry that politics in getting in the way of your work, HopesMom. Politics in the workplace is always a bad idea.

I've got a 5K race committee meeting this morning, and a conservation commission meeting this evening. We've got some challenging project applications to deal with at the conservation commission meeting, so it'll be interesting.

The town milled the road in front of our house yesterday in prep for repaving, and the footing on the milled portion of the road felt very strange. It was also very foggy, almost misty, so seeing further (farther?) than 20-30 ft. ahead wasn't an option in most areas. I did 5.6 RW progression miles, starting with a leisurely warm-up at 14:50, and then going 12:25, 11:50, 11:36, and 10:58 before backing off for the last half mile or so. Fun workout.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

2 miles before getting to work early to host the Center for Disease Control to talk about chickens.  Such is my legal practice......

2 more miles after work on the treadmill.   4 for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

2cat--drag about your trip.  No chance of rescheduling?

Belated birthday wishes to SteveP, wherever he is.

TW--that is a blast from the past.  Hope all those folks we don't hear from anymore are doing well.

Wildchild--Great pic of you!

Doug--I enjoyed Breaking Bad; that tour sounds interesting. Meth tourism sounds odd, though.

Speaking of TV shows.  We're halfway through Season 3 of "American Crime" on Netflix.  Really well done; highly recommend it.

Slow and sluggish 20 on the bike this morning.  I think I'm still feeling the effects of the the weekend ride. Also feeling the edge of Maria this morning; dark clouds, blustery winds, tropical temps and humidity.

Be safe. Be kind.

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Masters!!  Since it was sunny at humid at my house this morning, I was surprised to find it completely overcast and breezy at work.  Probably Maria effects, but not likely to be much more than cloudy.  Hopefully I'll go for a walk later.

TC, sorry about your trip being canceled!  Sounds like it would've been very cool.

KSA -- my aunt raises chickens, so I often complain that my FB feed is filled up with pictures of people I don't know and chickens.  Of course the one time I actually posted that on FB, my friends filled up the comments with pictures of chickens. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Henrun

4.2 foggy run/walk miles on the reservoir. Yesterday was all errands but we got several walks in. Dinner with friends this evening and,as the week winds down the first of 2 consecutive 5 K's this coming Sunday..

Marathon Maniac #957

KSA -- my aunt raises chickens, so I often complain that my FB feed is filled up with pictures of people I don't know and chickens.  Of course the one time I actually posted that on FB, my friends filled up the comments with pictures of chickens. 

Twocat - bummer!

Deez - sounds like a nice break.

We may break a record here today with a high around 90.  The cool front coming in Thursday will end the summer temps, though.

4 miles for me this morning in 67 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

No change in the weather yet, but I managed to get through our 24-mile ride this morning with the regular group. Still struggling a bit to make up for what I lost over the last two weeks, but the coming break in the weather should help.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

two cat - especially with a 50/50 chance of being okay, I'd be surprised if the sponsors

don't do something to try to get you over there, after all.

If all else fails, I am a pretty good lip syncher. Smile

Missed races - I doubt if anyone's had to miss a race as far away as Australia or maybe running parts of the Great Wall as I got to do in 1985 but I wonder if anyone else's had to cancel big races.  I remember Holly's orthodontist wouldn't let her run once after a tooth extraction.

Not me but it happened in reverse for a next day's business trip to the East Coast when I was one-of-a-number of spur-of-the-moment opportunists who didn't realize that taking advantage of melting snowfields to slide down the upper slopes of Mt. Marathon instead of trying to run down the congested narrow alpine trail would land us in Seward General Hospital for painstakingly painful removal of skree, little pebbles and various erratics that got embedded in where it made it impossible to sit down for four-or-five days.

five miles - in the meantime, after fifteen minutes of rain ended the three-and-a-half month summer dry spell last Tuesday, it's been dry ever since so enjoyed another five mile morning mute in the sun.  Supposed to get up into the 80's by the end of the week so might as well enjoy it while it lasts as winter running can be brutal in cold rain and accompanying wind that marked all running from October to March in last year's rainiest year in 122 years of record-keeping starting shortly after Seattle was founded as a city.  Plus, after yesterday's perfect 12-hour day from 7am-7pm, we lose four minutes of daylight today.   I wonder if East Coast cities have hundreds of hears of weather records?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

..howdy......

40-min PoolRun with letters

===========

a week later, STILL waiting for the surgeon to schedule me, very Nerve Wracking

and

I know Wracking

..........good Running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

tetsujin209 funny story about sliding down and the scree. Although I suspect it was a whole lot less funny at the time.

tomwhite I hope you get the operation scheduled soon. I can see how the waiting makes life tough.

coastwalker I am surprised they are repaving now. I would have thought it would be better to wait for spring. Winter weather seems likely to tear the pavement back up.

Thank you all for the condolences on my trip. Well, I am not dead yet! There will be other races. Today was pretty swampy out. I manged to run 12 miles. When I got home though, it looked like I had just taken a shower in my running clothes. Yuck!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spacityrunner

3.1 speedy sunset miles around the workplace.  Still hot.  Still humid.  Don't know where the speed came from.  36 min/11:30 m/m  Go Liz go!

Twocat, I am so sorry you had to cancel all your plans.  But so glad you got this taken care of quickly.

Trails Rock!

evanflein

Tetsujin, that's what you get for doing that Mt. Marathon run... crazy stuff, no other way to describe it.

So the overcast, grey, misty morning ended up turning into a clear, sunny, mild afternoon! Loved it! Got out around 3 for 5.5 miles with three at tempo pace. Not sure where that came from, but sure felt good out there!

catwhoorg

Labrat

ran 5, biked 16

Almost exactly the same as yesterday, just a touch faster on more recovered legs

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18