Masters Running

Happy Sat Runs - Workouts - and Greta Friends (Read 443 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Everyone (Hi George, nice to see you posting again, and hope you heal up for Boston!) - Boy, I had a very weird nights sleep last night. I went to beddie bye at midnight, then woke up wide eyed and bushy tailed at 3:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep, no matter how hard I tried -----We got about 3 more inches of snow last night ON TOP of allll the snow we already have and it's pretty breezy here also with a pretty chilly windchill. Since I was up I decided to go to a new 24 hour YMCA that just recently opened.....we have 3 in our town now, which is cool for those that love the gym (I DON'T compared to running outside) ----------Anyhoo, last week was my longer run Sat, so this morning was a shorter 14 miles in a very very sweaty 2 hours and this run felt Greta. I normally don't wear my HR monitor, nor really worry about it. But I have noticed a HUGE drop in my resting HR, which I know is a payoff for allll my nice and easy base building miles all winter long. My resting HR has been anywhere between 38 and 42 on a regular basis which is really cool, and my blood pressure has been super low also when it can be high sometimes for what ever reasons.......but not high enough for Meds though. My resting HR out of bed early this morning was 42 bpm and I knew I would have a good run, and my ave HR was just 128 bpm also which is good considering I was running along at a fairly good clip for a TM. This new Y is cool because it has a indoor 1/8 mile track that goes around the whole interior of the facility, which is further than any indoor track at any Y's or other fitness centers I have seen (You?) After my 14 miles a Tri Friend showed up and we ran some sprints on this track with 1 minute very hard, then 1 minute recovery. We did 30 x 1 minute of each of those which when we were done I was completely pooped out....but in a good way (I see a nap coming my way this afternoon)------- I have many months of easy / base building miles now, and it's time to start adding some quality speed work to get ready for some local 5 and 10 K's coming up in 4 to 6 weeks which I look forward too. I have a goal of breaking 19 minutes for a 5K this Spring but don't know if I can do that or not......but will have fun trying (smiles) I also am going to run my first 50K with Holly this Spring, which I very much look forward to training and running that-------- Boy, my run has left me chatty this Sat morning. It's just now getting light out which seems weird for me to have my workout all done.....I normally like to run in the night time except on the weekends------I am still working VERY HARD trying to get the new shop open that I will Manage, but it is a SUPER amount of work doing so from scratch. But the way it looks, it should be close to opening in around 2 weeks or so.....these adventures always take longer than people think-----Hope everyone has a Greta Sat and Weekend....and your welcome "paragraph Tammy" - TimBo.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

You are in great shape Tim.  Glad to hear it!

3 easy miles for me with 5 very fast but short striders, just to wake up the fast twitch muscles for tomorrow's race.  Conditions look perfect.  No excuses on this one!  See you on the other side.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SteveP

(((((DG))))) Prayers out to DG

SteveP

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Just checking in to see if DG reported back.   Wishing you all the best Deb.  {{{hugs}}} to you!

Got the Cushman to the bike show last night - in a snow storm.   I was a nervous wreck the whole way there and back.  Doubled by the fact that DD21 was driving home in it too for Spring break this week.   Spring my ass......    Everyone made it home safely.     Heading out of town now.   Bye,bye!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Good Luck with the Race Bill

Timbo......I've been eyeing one of the Xterra's in Indianna.....You Game ??

3 days in a row for swimming. My youngest DD had a lock-in at the Y so I was able to get a good swim in before it was her pick up time.

Over the winter I bought a bike frame off of Ebay. Then over the last few months I shopped and purchased all the components.....it was a blast. Now all the parts are in and hopefully today I'll begin my bike build.

Another earthquake......  My thoughts and prayers to all those in it's wake.

{{{{{dg}}}}

Looking forward to a nice easy run in some mid 30's !!!!!!!  How do you dress for the 30's ????

It's always nice when Tim starts the daily. What a workout this morning, Tim, and what a paragraph! I wish our Y was open 24 hours a day.

Good luck tomorrow Bill. Looks like you're firing on all cylinders and will have a great race. Be sure to let us know how everything goes.

Hey Mary - bring us some lefterover chicken, will ya? Sounds like you're having the weather we had the last two days. Drive safe and have fun.

Deb - our thoughts and good wishes are with you. I hope you're feeling better this morning.  Getting sent to the ER is not a good thing. Please keep us posted.

9 miles at a 9:21 pace with 'BRISK'   winds out of the northwest. I didn't run with the training group this morning. DS#2 is moving into an apartment and lucky me - I've been named person best qualified to clean his kitchen and bathroom before they put stuff away. Oh well, at least I don't have to haul furniture.

Hope our RA friends on the East coast are hanging in there this weekend.

dg.

good morning!

Thanks so much for all your good wishes, hugs,  prayers, & kicks in the butt...

The main thing is, it looks like there's no danger for now.    I had all the symptoms of an incarcerated or strangulated hernia, but the cat scan said it's not!  phew.   They don't know why I had all of those symptoms, so I'm supposed to watch it, but it should be fine to wait to see the surgeon Tuesday.     I'm too tired to know how I feel now!!  It was a bit of a stinky night. There were funny things I thought of telling you about but won't right now, & later they might not seem so funny.   oh, well one..wandering the hallways with a gown that was missing a tie, carrying a pee cup, getting stopped to ask about pain (1-10?) and getting into a conversation with the paramedics.  Hospital dignity ;-).      

I got home at 4:15 this morning, & since that's past my 'up time', I've slept a little, done a few things, back & forth.  Finally got up to stay at 9:30 or so.   I think a nap later will be yummy.

Slo_hand, how was your evening with grounded teenagers?  Cool about your bike.  have fun building.

Erika, your post last night made me think of the Enjoli woman. Smile

Mary,  glad you & DD21 made it back ok!  It was pretty awful here too last night.  much better this morning though.    stoopid snow!

Jeanne, nice run.     And how nice to be the one best qualified!  Wink

Tim, glad things are going well for you.

Go Byll!!!

Mariposai

Just checking in to see how dg is doing. Please be careful...and no running or ex. until you see the doc again, OK???

Ha, like she is going to listen to me.

Our local ski bowl just got 6 new inches of snow last night...I am going skiing baby...forget running the LR..THAT can wait until next week. 

So, off to the hill I go, then another party to attend tonight.

Carpe Diem my friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

deb - rest up today!

bill -have a great run tomorrow!!

slo - enjoy your bike building!!

mari - have fun skiing

ran 8 miles in the snow this morning with some running friends - hit everything from snow squalls to sunshine for weather - branches down everywhere from the storm yesterday but thankfully still safer than other parts of the world ...praying for the people of Chile and those in the path of the sunami

denise

dg. I am glad to read that the MRI came back clean!  That is really good news.  It probably means that taking it easy for some time will likely provide the cure.  Much better than any alternative I can think of!

Mariposai have fun skiing!

The never ending storm here in CT has finally ended!  Clear and sunny out!  DW went 7 miles this morning with the Jogging Club.  She seems like she is on track for her HM.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Today's muffins feature was baby banana - chocolate chip.  They were a HUGE hit!  If you get a chance to buy baby bananas let them ripen before trying them.  Once they are truly ripe they are way better than regular bananas.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  My evil DW is now happily reminding me she is not yet 50.    But in a few months . . .  he he he . . .    Vengeance will be mine!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Easy 4 with a few strides at 11:30 am with some cross training shovel work early this am so we could get out of the driveway.

Go Bill! Get in that race groove and trust your training----relax, breathe---put the hammer down if you are feeling it.

(((((DG)))))) take care of you----I know you take care of so many others---put yourself first 

dg, you've given us a scare.  Be very careful between now and your appointment on Tues.  I hope they can get you back to normal with a minimum of problems.  holly, I've got my fingers crossed that you'll get good news from the interview.  EGH, that's quite the picture of the tree and your car.  I'm glad to hear Boston is still a go.  enke, sorry to hear your husband has the flu. 

Nice long runs for evan, BC, fatozzig, and bike (followed by lots of fast intervals).

This morning, I was concerned the roads would be icy so it was 8 miles on the TM at 6.1 mph (9:50 pace).

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

#artbydmcbride

{{dg}}   get well and start running fast!

I dropped down from the 10k to the 5k beacuse I am a wimp in a rainstorm.  Smile

Runners run

dg get well!  snow shoveling sure is a good core workout but like any workout if you over do it it will find your weak spots.  Very good that emergency surgery is not needed.

Tim a nurse once told me that most men would give their good arm to have your numbers (HR & BP, cholesterol, etc. ) like mine, yours are even better.

Much like Tom headed for the treadmill this morning 6 inch fresh snow.  Rescheduled 10 miler for tomorrow & only did 6.3 miles on tm, 5.8-6.5 mph for 1hour of very sweaty running.  DW has a gym key cause she opens it at 6am every weekday  

Dee nice snowy run

Twocat happy belated B- Day

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

dg.  hope you get it all sorted out soon.

some nice runs outside and even inside.

I will be looking for those baby bananas....I LOVE banana chocholate chip muffins.

No doubt about it, my last two runs have sucked, no energy at all.  Not sure if it is carryover from stomach problems a few days ago or what.  I decided since my mileage is so low (18miles/wk) I can't really expect to do a LR without first getting the length of my weekday runs up there.  So time to build my base and I am sure things will improve.

So 5 carpy miles today, in the steamy 54F & high humidity.  The sweat was a plenty.

I hear there is a big hockey game on tomorrow night....now to find out the exact time.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."