Masters Running

The June 3rd daily (Read 50 times)

...glad to

see MS checking in//.............I was afraid she was going to OverDo It..........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

one fairy away from Mustang Sally!

No comment.  Just struck me as funny.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

kind of perfect like takin' a ferry to see a fairie

Maybe one of divechief's ferries.

maybe he'll give us a tour for this summer's Light-at-the-end-of-the-Tunnel Marathon.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hey friends ..... need to go back and catch up over the last few days here to see what's been going on, but sounds like Posai's 2nd marathon went beautifully well as planned!!

I ran 4 miles Saturday morning before the day took on its hectic spin - church breakfast, fundraiser, bridal shower, mass, then drive to Conn.

My 23 yr old son did the Quassy rev3 1/2 Ironman Sunday am -- I so love watching him and all the other athletes compete at these events!!  So inspiring!!  I ran 6.4 miles while he was out on the bike -- 4 with his gf who was struggling a bit with allergies.  It certainly was a hot, sunny day and as much as I was inspired by the athletes, I was glad to be a cheering spectator rather than a participant with all those miles to do!!  Nicholas did great - he was 3rd in his age group out of the water and off the bike, but the 56 hilly miles and the heat took a toll on him and he dropped to 6 in his division after the run!!  I am an extremely proud momma tho and think he did great!!

Today,  motivated by yesterday's events and with thoughts of my Rev3 Olympic tri at the end of August, I went out for a 25 mile bike then made a quick pit stop at my house to change into sneakers and grab my garmin for a 2 mile run!!  Felt great to start some brick training!  Tomorrow's plans include an open water swim!

now, goooooooooo Bruins!!  Wink

denise

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Oh, hey, I guess I'm back to being the Pank Faerie, now that you mention it.

Took the bike back out there today with DS.  There are many days when that young man makes me pull my hair out, but he is an intuitive, gifted coach*.  In an hour, he helped me work through the physical and psychic kinks that were left over from Sunday's crashfest and I feel all around much more betterer.

I think I'll do a little trail running tomorrow, but in capris, as I will scare the bejeezus out of anyone who sees the state of my knees and shins.

* "And, um, Mom?  I don't feel really good about you going out there on your own to try new difficult things.  I worry that you'll get hurt.  Can you please dial it down and do comfortable stuff, or, like, bring me along when you want a challenge?"  This from the boy who just got his first no-curfew night out after graduation.  The wheel turns, it turns, it turns.