Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 10.2.13 (Read 41 times)

'Nite, JLynne ~

The truck is fine.  Air bubble in the line from changing the transmission fluid a couple of weeks ago.  No charge to us.  Thank you, God, for answering prayers!

And now I am officially signed up for the Weaver Basin 50k on Saturday!  Suppose to be in the high 70's, low 80's on Saturday.  Jeesh!  What a difference from last weekend ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  On my way into work, this morning, I saw the stars and the sliver of a moon and thought, "I wonder how Jay will describe all of this, this morning". I think it's cool that we all see the same stuff up there.

Glad the truck is okay, Leslie, and good luck this weekend!

I love new cars...if I could, I'd buy a new car every year...but I can't...and our cars are getting old. 

I did did a tempo run, tonight.  2 mile warm up -- 7 mile tempo -- 2.2 mile cool down.  The tempos were harder than I thought they would be...actually, they were as hard as I thought they would be, but they have been easier than I thought they would be so, since they were not easier than how hard I thought they would be, that made them harder than I thought they would be.  But I still managed to get them done.  And, I did them in the rain...and pea-sized hail...and lightning...which made them kind of fun...in fact, they were more fun than I thought they would be...

Okay, I gotta go...good night Jlynne 

{{{Deez}}}, I have been thinking about you and your loved ones.

Tramps, I rented a Mazda 3 in February, and I loved it.  If I could get away with a car that size, I would have bought one.

I need to run this week.  Finally the high winds have died down.  I should have run this morning, but I took some anti-histamine type thing last night and oversleep.

Had lunch with Door #3 today.   <<swoon>>  I really do think men are the fairer sex!

Funny story, shortly before I was to go to lunch, my workmates came up to me and said, hey, would you like to come with us to lunch at place X, which was the same place I was meeting Door #3!!!  Those damn coworkers never go out to lunch!!!  So I had to confess to them I had a date, and, I instructed them to sit far far far away from me, and not spy on me during lunch!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Nine miles of running this morning with 20 minutes at tempo pace and 6 x long hill repeats. Then a certain fuzzy family member brought his running leash over to me at about 5 pm---so another 2.8 with Hudson. 11.8 miles and two awesome runs.

Tet, ultra Amy posted her detailed Cascade Crest report on her blog (and mentions Francesca again) She and her husband both came in second at the VT 50 miler this past Sunday and she achieved her big goal of breaking 8 hours---ran it in 7:55 and while it's not Cascade Crest, it's not flat!

Sending powerful vibes out across the miles to Deez and her family

Goodnight JLynne!

Mariposai

A fly by post. This is the Autumn Leaf walk/run week plus a monster week for me at work with a lot of traveling, but I still was able to fit in a 6 miler after work today. Zombies got me big time. I find it hard to run 20% faster to avoid the zombies attach, even when my wings flap as fast they can. A lovely rain during the run btw.

Then I came back home to a marvelous smell of homemade stew. It is great having the Easy Pacer at home on furlough!

Leslie, so glad to hear that the truck is fine.

Howdie Timbo.

Butterfly hugs and prayers to Denise's family.

It is only 7:30, but I am ready for bed Black eye

Enkie, did your co-workers behaved well during your lunch date with Door#3?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks CNY, their blogs are so like I'm there, it's I like know them both too.

huh, the VT 50 in 7:55?  Isn't it on the same route that's so hard francesca goes all the way across country for it?

MikeE - Except for not knowing what a tempo run is, or being able to do it even if I did, from my experience in some of the steeper ultras out here, I understand exactly what you mean about a lot of runs being way harder than they would seem to be but, at least for me, one of the savings graces about not training that much, if any, is not getting lulled into assuming that they’re going to be easier that how hard I thought they might be as they usually actually end up being even way harder than I thought they would be too.  You’ll have to come out sometime for one or more of our more challenging trail runs.  I'll try to get some recommendation from francesca.  Big grinShockedSurprisedBig grin

ENKE!!!!! was that you?.

you sure have changed since getting rid of scumbag.

However, unless door number three has other plans for you, I hope to check yo... I mean see you at the annual Fishes 5K and salmon BBQ this weekend. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

4 miles walking tonight - felt good. Back to work tomorrow, and then a short work week Smile  OK, I jogged a few steps tonight, and all felt good. So I will be all good to go this weekend............I  have a race Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Maniac 505

(Deeze)

(Mari and EZ pacer's job)

(BikeTM's back)

(Dave 59)  and a TRaSh 80 was my first computer.  Since you are of that era, You might remember Claris Works.  an early Apple program?  Bob Hearn,  a sometimes poster her was the co-author.

Enke:  I hope Door 3 works out for you, but don't rush it.  I am jealous.  Remember,  I will be at Ave of the GIants.  (BIke Tm won't be there.)  If door 3 doesn't work,  there is always door 4 Wink

This week, My work week as as short, and as interesting as it ever gets. The boat I have been assigned to this week is in scheduled shipyard all week.  We are not carrying passengers, we are doing a lot of big jobs that we can not do on the run, and my time home to home is only 12 hours.   I hope I can train at least as hard as Tet is this week.

wildchild

Carolyn

I think Mike has been reading Tet's posts so long, he's getting just as hard to understand...

Leslie, good luck at Weaver Basin!  Glad you could find a fill-in race after your aborted pacing gig last weekend!

Hugs to everyone affected by the stooopid government shutdown.

Enke, have fun with Door #3!    I agree with Divechief - don't rush it.  Enjoy!

The beautiful fall weather continues here, and it was just too nice to stay inside all day (working from home has it's benefits) so I took the dogs for a 2.5mile walk, and went for a 7.3 mile trail run in the state park.   The aspens are close to peak color and it's amazing in the woods!

'Night Jlynne, 'night Enke, 'night Karin, 'night Nancy, 'night Mike!  'Night to all the RA Masters!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

divechief.,

If you have Nov. 9th free, come on over...the Rotary wine and cheese party will take place then!

.we sure enjoyed having you over a few years ago.

We sure have a lot of pace now that we are empty nesters!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

<<swoon>>  I really do think men are the fairer sex!

Enke, you are soooooo wrong about that!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong