Masters Running

SpineTingler Marathon (Read 194 times)

TomD

Donna and I are in the beginning stages of putting a marathon together. I have route picked out. It will be a good BQ. It is mostly flat and some downhill, but not much of any uphills. There is not a lot of shade though. It will be the third weekend in April. The weekend after Easter 2009. It will be in Gardner, Kansas. About 45 minutes from the Kansas City International Airport and away from the big city and traffic. It will be showing off Gardner and Gardner Lake. There will be a double loop with the start and finish being at the same location. The first 6 or 7 miles will be similar to the Olathe Marathon, but instead of going to Olathe it will stay in Gardner and not have a need to bus people. It may be a few months before we have a website or entry forms, but Donna and I are excited. We have someunusual ideas and welcome any other ideas too. TomD
      Good luck and keep us posted.
      Vista
      evanflein

Sad Same weekend as Boston.... Sounds like fun, hope you're able to continue it. I love downhill races....
        SteveP

Orginizing a marathon sounds tougher than running one. Good for you.

SteveP

huskydon

Quite an undertaking! Maybe it can be the destination race for those not qualifying for Boston..... huskydon