Masters Running

Wet Wednesday, 1.11.17 (Read 34 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Good 4-miler on snow-covered streets, Jlynne.

Good choice to get some extra sleep, Stumpy. Did you get out in the wet today? And can I get some of that coffee?

Doug, I see deer all the time on my workouts, but have never been threatened by them, let alone attacked by them. Good luck with your TaxAide work - that must be very challenging!

Good Tm run and squats, Holly. I'll bet that if you wanted to swim competitively, you'd ketchup to those other swimmers right quickly. It's just like when anyone starts running...

I can't imagine dealing with all the snow you've got, Tammy, and then rain coming on top of it! I'm glad you and DH are safe, and that he is caring for the dogs.

Sorry about all the rain, Leslie. Those photos are too dang scary, and that school bus driver has no business being in water that deep.

Good 7.8 miles of intervals at the park, Paul.

Nice walk to the hair do, Marj. The photo place mats sound like fun.

Good 4.3 miler, Lori. Sorry the hills weren't more friendly.

Good work on the still-streaking 5 miler, Enke.

Sorry about the kids issues and the new snow and the body parts falling apart, Mike. Getting it all at once, aren't you?

Good windy work on the Greenway, TW, plus pool running.

Good 6-miler on the TM, Flats.

Better to get your 8.5 on the TM, TwoCat, than to be slip-sliding on the ice outside.

Tough enough, C-R; 6 hours in the car, and a 4-miler on the TM.

Good 8.5 speech-watching miles on the TM, Mariposai.

And good post-speech 3.5er for you, Evanflein. I don't envy you for the bone-chiller heading your way.

That's a might impressive door, Steve! Sorry for all the forklift sliding, bumper car stuff yesterday. Makes a hard job even harder.

I committed a major violation of TwoCat Rule #1 this morning: We had lots of wind-driven rain, with the emphasis on the wind and the rain, but I had to get outside to stay in our Winter Challenge. The only saving graces were that it was up in the low 40s, and that the rain finally stopped (but the wind sure didn't) when I had a half mile left to go. It was nice to get my clothes and shoes rinsed while I walked. 6.3 miles this morning.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I did, Jay.  And all I had was wind.  Got to love NE weather--yesterday bailed becasue of 8°, today 3.1 miles in shorts at 45°.

All I see are bunnies heading into the brush along one section of the lake as I go by.  Not much in the way of a threat.

also just finishing off my coffee with egg nog.  It's my special treat during the winter holidays.  Hood's Golden egg nog is only out for those few months and my last half gallon is just about gone.  Guess that's what makes it a special treat.

Happ running to all and hopes that the weather moderates a bit.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Another New England report. Having trouble shaking my second cold of the season. It interferes with my sleep so I wake up congested and sleepy. Regardless I went out in beautiful sunshine and wind and high 40's for a 2.5 mile jog/walk around the local reservoir. It certainly helps my head emotionally and physically.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles today felt much better. But I stayed away from the hill. Worried it was icy. She will be there next week for me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

All I see are bunnies heading into the brush along one section of the lake as I go by.  Not much in the way of a threat.

...just remember to not dress like a Carrot......

=========

....40-min PoolRun, no belt, closed fists, run in shallows, push against water

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

so, not these kinds of bunnies then?

Image result for scary bunny images

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

It certainly helps my head emotionally and physically.

I agree!

Tammy - 

BerthaSlayer - sounds like a good idea to wait for the ice to melt before hitting that hill.

We are switching from Uverse to Directv on Saturday (will save us about $40/month) and I am trying to watch my DVRed shows before the switch-over, at least the most important ones, anyway.  Last night DS and I watched the Christmas episode of Doctor Who.  No one tell me who won this season of DWTS.

7 miles for me today on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

are you switching to Directv using a referral? if not, i can give you my directv account # and then both you and I will save another $10 on your monthly bill. 

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

so, not these kinds of bunnies then?

Image result for scary bunny images

Maybe I need to start carrying the holy handgrenade in the morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Running rest day for me today. Went to the gym at lunch for a 1750m swim.

Paul

Tammy - 

The Hub's comment when I showed him the bus photo was that the bus driver should be fired.  Anybody who lives in this area, especially in the Ferndale area, knows how bad the roads can flood.  IMHO, the bus driver was reckless and I'd be after his butt if it were my kids on that bus.  He/She is so very lucky nothing bad happened.

I got about 5 min into my warm up walk this a.m. . . . . and ended up walking back home with a pup in tow.  I tried to shoo her away, but she tucked her tail and did that low walk, not quite a crawl thing up to me.  How could I just run away?? Besides, I think she would've followed me.  Anyway, we got back home, The Hub got home about an hour later, and I told him we had a visitor in the garage.  Very sweet pup, maybe a year old.  Posted her on two local lost pet pages on FB with my cell number, and the County animal shelter picked her up around 9:00.  Around 10:30, the owner called me.  Had to break the news that she'd already been taken to the pokey.  It costs $$ to break a dog out of the pokey.  BUT, I'm happy to know the owner knows where she is.

Went to PT this a.m.  Ends up my pelvis is so off kilter, my right leg was about a 1/8" shorter than my left.  I've had issues like that ever since I fell about 18 years ago and the right side of my butt hit the step before I landed on the floor.  PT did some pushing, pulling, etc., and said if it's what he thinks it is, I should feel significant relief by noon tomorrow.  I'm already feeling relief!  If it continues, he'll give me some exercises to do at home 3x a week, and once things are normal, we'll talk about some strengthening exercises.  I love my PT!

PS - Words of wisdom - If you're going to, say, PT before work and will need to change into your work clothes afterward and you decide to wear a skirt you haven't worn in a long time, it would be wise to try said skirt on BEFORE you get to work to see if it actually still fits.  Let's just say it's working, but there ain't much room for any mistakes . . . or food . . . . 

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sounds like you have a great PT Leslie!  And funny story about the skirt.

Jay, awesome job in the RAIN and WIND.

Cutback day on my streak, just 2 miles.  Still on target though and 1/3rd of the month is done!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

And good post-speech 3.5er for you, Evanflein. I don't envy you for the bone-chiller heading your way.

Hmmm... I had to go back and look! I knew I run longer than that! It was 5.3 miles yesterday, just sayin'. So far, we got some snow today but it's not too cold (ok, relatively speaking here), and tomorrow and Friday, maybe even Saturday could be not too bad just a little snow. But Sunday... ack. That's the start of the slide to much colder temps. I'm going to try to be sure to get outside at least once, maybe twice, before Sunday because it looks like a lot of treadmill time after that.

That's one scary rabbit.

Leslie, shhhh, don't tell your PT this but people are not equal on all sides. It would be unusual to NOT have one leg be a little shorter, and 1/8" would be hardly noticeable. Not to say what they did didn't help, but leg length is most likely not the cause. Most chiropractors also reveal themselves as saviors by pointing out that they noticed a difference in leg lengths. Again, you'd almost be weird to not have that. I saw the pup on FB, quite the cutie! Hope the owner is able to retrieve her soon.

Whatever the PT did is definitely helping, so far.  I'm actually sitting comfortably for the first time in over a month.  Fingers crossed it keeps up.

Owner called me about an hour and a half after she (the dog) went to the Doggie Pokey.  He was a bit disappointed he was going to have to bail her out, but maybe it'll be a lesson to put tags with address/phone on her.  I would have called a number the moment I found her.

The Hub calls me The Dog Whisperer.  I think this little girl puts my number at 5 over the last couple of years.  *sigh*  Maybe one of these decades I'll get to keep one.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

We are switching from Uverse to Directv on Saturday (will save us about $40/month) and I am trying to watch my DVRed shows before the switch-over, at least the most important ones, anyway. 

Holly, I hope you like it. We've had both DirecTV and DISH and were happy with the service as such, but got tired of the rain-fade or having to go out and knock snow off the dish. But I think they've improved the technology and you might also have a clearer shot at the satellite than we did (plus being at a lower latitude). I assume that your Internet and phone still go through AT&T lines?

Did five on the TM this morning. It was mild enough and not raining outdoors, but there were too many icy patches hanging around for me to run outside safely. After blowing 5" of snow out of my driveway yesterday morning, by bedtime it was pouring rain with 40mph winds, so crazy weather here too lately!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"