Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 4.29.14 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker sooner rather than later I hope. As to your morning route cut short, good call. No paper bag needed.

Spareribs all the best with your surgery.

Dave59 glad your therapist and the book are making a positive impact on your life.

fattozig let me see if I have this right. You took off in part due to fatigue from all the running you did lately and so got early to run? Only someone here on RA could write that!

enkephalin yes you are! Mike E my sympathies.  You need to move.

tetsujin209 if fattozig can run to recover from running you can train to recover from training and then in a vicious cycle get trained up!  You just need a way to start the cycle. That I will have to work on.

Nothing for me today. No run, no elliptical. Taper all the way. Tomorrow I have 6 miles planned. But nature has rain planned. So I have a TM planned! Take that nature!

Oh yeah, I want to mention that my strategy of checking the weather every few minutes for race day to make nature capitulate and deliver good marathon running weather has worked out! At the moment Cincinnati is scheduled to see temperatures in the high 40's at the race start and high 50's at its end with No rain in sight!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

I'm sorry, maybe I am a masochist, but when Mike E said it was snowing, I started to LOL!!!

Snork! Well, maybe me too, a little bit! Although today was sunny/cloudy/windy/grey/brilliant/grey/windy/sprinkly... you name it. BUT, no snow! Ha, hope we're done with that crap for awhile.

Hi Tall! Good to see you running again! Take care on the road back, don't be in a hurry to race. We all know you're smoking' fast, no need to prove anything!

Thinking of Ribs and the Saint. I hear things went well but his first night might be unpleasant.

Ran 5.2 miles tonight, in probably the worst weather of the day. Wind was gusts up to 25 mph, and the sustained wind was over 10 mph. That's a lot for us. At one point, I felt like my legs were getting a sand-blast treatment from the wind blowing dirt/grit/sand on me. Eyes tearing to the point of looking like I was crying. Good grief. Figured out the best way to run either with tail wind or sheltered roads (with trees), and made it to DH's office where I took the truck back to my office building.

SteveP

straighten that foot out Jay

interesting Dave

A Tall SIghting!

That's a tough run Erica.

Dentist cross training after work.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm sorry, maybe I am a masochist, but when Mike E said it was snowing, I started to LOL!!!

You are only a masochist if it is snowing at YOUR house. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Just catching up...court day yesterday so no internet for me, then speed work with running club.   Hope we get a Ribs update on the Wed. thread.  I'll post there after my run.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

facebook had a positive Ribs posting a few minutes ago.....................

ETA:  there MAY be a few people paying attention--went back after less than 20 minutes to see more than a dozen comments and a whole bunch of likes

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

.....Thanks, Kevin.  What about the complications, though?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

...ya know,

it's amazing

how many Running and Non-Running Crisis(es) we have been able to get each other thru over the years....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

+1, tw!  This is such a supportive gang.

You are only a masochist if it is snowing at YOUR house. 

That would be me, I guess.  Woke up to a white deck this morning. But only an inch or two, so it'll melt soon.

I escaped the cold and snow at home yesterday and did a run down in Golden, since I had some errands to run anyway.  The plan was 10 miles at what I  hope will be MP for the Avenue, because my runs are mostly on steep mountain trails and I never run at a steady pace, and I always take walk breaks on the steep uphills, leaving me spectacularly unprepared for a flat road marathon!     Well, I managed to run without walk breaks,  but my pace averaged 9:35, which is more like HMP for me.  Oh, well, it was fun.  It'll be good practice for going out too fast and fading at the end.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.