Masters Running

Weekly Run & X-Training w/e April 6th (Read 311 times)

Here are the tallies from last week... Dutchie42-45.5 miles...Wow Big ramp up... eliz4015-18.5 miles + 2 walking,weights + pilates...nice work evanflein-54.9 miles + X-training (PR) let the taper begin... evryday-41 miles...nice long run Ileneforward-50 miles+lots of PT JJJesse-52.3 miles...26 0n Sunday...Yowza!! lyndenrunner-35 miles...slacker marathon derrick-27.2 miles...good luck on your marathon this weekend nowor-15 miles+core strength + yoga...great pfriese-47.9 miles...good job SteveP- No worries...hope you get better soon tetsujin209-31 miles for my good friend...well done!!!
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-8@8:13 Tue-5@7:45 Wed-6@8:19 Thur-Off Fri-4@8:25 Sat-Off Sun-6@7:11 Total=29 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thank you LDR Mon.....rest............rest Tues....6miles..........rest Wed....9-12miles.........rest Thurs....rest...........6miles Frid......6miles.........rest Sat......rest............6miles Sun.....16-20miles.........18 miles Total.....30miles
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        evanflein

Taper time! Woohoo! Actually, it looks like any ol' cutback week at first... Thanks Gordon! ........Plan...............................Actual............. Monday: XT Day...................30 minutes (7.4 miles) on stationary bike Tuesday: 5 miles EZ..............6.25 mile progressive TM run (2 ea @8:49, 8:34, 8:20, .25 @7:30) Wednesday: 8 miles..............8.77 miles at 7:52 m/m (where'd that come from??) Thursday: 5 miles Tempo......7.07 miles, ran last two with DH! Friday: Rest Day...................took the dog (and the cat!) for a late night walk Saturday: 8 miles..................8.53 miles at 8:08 avg pace... testing new MP idea Sunday: 12 miles..................15.1 miles in sloggy wet snow, sleet and wind. Ick. 8:18 avg pace. Scheduled total: 38 miles which seems a little light to me...We'll see what I can do with it. Actual: ended up with 45.63 miles running, some stationary bike and walking with the pets. A good week!
            Monday - ran 4.0 & walked 1.0; in the rain - something I'd have skipped not that long ago Tuesday - exercised my brain and fed my soul at a bookstore; AKA "rest day" Wednesday - stuck at work until 6:00(!) and allergies are a mess; unwanted rest day Thursday - walked 1.0 and ran 2.0; then ran 2.3 more with running class Friday - walked 1.0 & ran 3.0; longest walk-break-free run since I started MAF training Saturday - walked 0.7 and ran 5.5 on my beloved boardwalk; lots o' stretching afterwards Sunday - rest day, physically; spent 3+ hours reading, journaling, and enjoying a rainy day at the shore in an attempt to renew my spirit Ran 16.8 this week - whoo hoo! Highest mileage in a couple of months and I'm feeling pretty good. Only cross-training this week was for my mind and spirit, but that what I'm going to need most to get through the remaining 53 days of school. Yes, I AM counting. Wink Thanks, Gordon, for organizing the thread. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Good Morning Gordon. And thank you once again. Mon...13K bike commute and 3.5K recovery run. Tue...rest day Wed..13K bike commute. Bagged my run after only 1.5K. Felt dizzy and weak. Bleh! Thu...nada Fri.....and again, nada. this whole daylight saving time thing has me depressed (it's pitch black at 5AM) and sluggish. We moved the clock forward last Saturday. Sat...9.4K, 30min LB and shoulders and triceps. Sun..29.2K. Weather: warm sun, freezing wind, rain and hail. Think I had it all. Summary: bad week for running. Only 43,6K. Have to do better next week.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

Thanks Gordon, Busy week for me at work, so no plan.
                DayMilesComment
                Mondayrest day - done
                Tuesday5.1 miles running - done 9:25/mile
                Wednesdayrest day - done
                Thursdayrest day - done
                Friday8.1 miles running - done 9:16/mile
                Saturday20.0 miles running - done 10:06/mile
                Sunday7.2 miles running<10:00>
                Total40.4 miles running DONE
                Paul
                  Monday lift-0 miles Tues ran 4 miles, 2 miles of repeats, 1 mile warmup and cool down Wed lift run 5 miles 5.2 miles 1.25 mile warm up 1/2 mile repeat .125 mile times 4, finished with easy 1/2 then 1/2 mile of pickups every street light finishing at 5 flat pace, then 1/4 mile cool down Thurs run 2-4 miles-0 miles today plan on an easy 2-3miles in am and walk with wife Fri-lift 0 miles Sat- 1-2 miles Sunday Martian Marathon 26.2- goal sub 4:30- did 4:16 last year Total9.2 miles
                  SteveP

Thanks Gordon Monday: 0 Tuesday: 0 Wednesday: 4.5 Thursday: 0 Friday: 0 Saturday: 4 Sunday: 5 13.5 I ran two days in a row and didn't hack up a lung! Sweet!

SteveP

GreenMan

Thanks Gordon, M...........Rest.......................rest Tues........4..........................walk 5.75 W...........Rest.......................walk 1 , 5x1min planks Thurs.......6.....................6 w/striders..walk 2, 5x1 planks Fri...........6.....................7 Sat.........10.....................8.75.... 1800' g/l...1 mile walk Sun.........14.....................11.......2200' g/l .....................................32.75....4000' g/l jjj
                      Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you gordon. My 50-mile buddy came over from Victoria and hauled me over to this year's Yakima River Canyon Marathon where I clobbered my last time of 7:09:54 over there in 2006 by more than 15 minutes. Big grin Sunday (3/30) - Friday (4/4): taper Saturday (4/5): 26.2 miles

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

nowor

Love the temps not the windy wet. Monday-4.5 mi Tues-Strength class, core/ball class Wed-4.5 mi Thurs-strength in AM, 4 mi late afternoon, yoga evening Sun-yoga class Summary-13 mi + strength, core and yoga Rain, rain go away.