Masters Running

Labor Day Runs, Workouts, and Cookouts! (Read 374 times)

Happy Labor Day everyone!  I'm looking forward to BBQ and Brewskis today!

I decided to move up my training plans by a day as I'll be traveling this next weekend.  So today had me running 8 miles with a Fartlek workout toward the end.

I started out with 5 miles of warm up and tried to keep these at what felt like GA pace.  But the last 3 ended up being at MP (8:30ish) even though the HR stayed nice and low.  Yay!

Then I ran the fartlek part - 8 x 1 min. at 5K pace with 1 min. jog recovery between each.  And finally a mile of cool down.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

5 mile recovery run around the neighborhood, everyone had to ask where my other half was

DW took the day off hoping to heal up the back of of her hip (pirformis?) tight & sore

Nono, beer & french toast?   I gave up beer 15 years ago but still enjoy the french toast so much I don't know if I could run past any.  I have been known to finish faster because french toast was waiting for me.

Off to the best county fair in the world!

Enjoy the holiday!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I dragged myself out of my comfy hotel bed at 6:30 AM, after debating with myself whether I REALLY needed to run, lol.  I did another 5 miles next to the Susquehanna River.  Of course, now I'm really happy I did it!  I should be picking up DS in a few hours from the University, but he hasn't called me yet as he was supposed to, so I'm not sure what the plan is. 

Have a great Labor Day!

Tramps

Slow, sleepy, sluggish recovery 5.  Yawn.

Be safe. Be kind.

Woke up a bit late for a 3 mile recovery run.  OMG what a beautiful day!  54° on the same shady trail I ran yesterday.

3.1 miles, 27:47, 8:56/mi, AHR 130 (67% MHR)

Now we're hanging out with dawndaughter1 and the baby.  

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Renee the dog

Nono, beer & french toast?   I gave up beer 15 years ago but still enjoy the french toast so much I don't know if I could run past any.  I have been known to finish faster because french toast was waiting for me.

Yes.  I wouldn't recommend it inland, but in the salt air, I love it. And,  I finally found a place that does remarkable french toast around here, and it advertises that it serves its "specialty drinks" starting at 7 a.m., and one the the specialties is beer. LOL   I also had part of a crab omlette there that is super-duper too. 

Today's another running day, but it hasn't happened yet.  I'm taking advantage of the fact that all day is supposed to be 73ºF, so I'm loafing around for a bit longer...'till I make my barbeque sauce.  That's the only other thing that has to happen besides running.

Have a good one all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

Sarge, hope your DW can run again soon!  BTW, I can't read your new avatar - what does it say under "COURAGE?"

Teresa, glad you liked your 2nd river run today!  I had to look up where Susquehanna U. is - had never heard of Selingrove, PA.  RIght in the center of PA. Looks like a nice place.

I took the dogs for a 5.5 mile easy run yesterday afternoon. I had to wait for the thunderstorms to pass, but finally the sun came out at about 4 pm, and it was lovely and cool, and everything smelled so clean from all the rain.  My legs were tired after my long run on Saturday, so I let the dogs take all the sniffing breaks they wanted to, but I ran most of the hills and felt fine.  It's a beautiful day - will head out at some point for a run with the dogs, and maybe for a hike in the state park with DD and DH.

Happy Labor Day!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I needed some variety, so found a new running place - safe, some small hills, not too many people around, sidewalks, sand dunes to look at, with a good place to park the car, and lots of possibilities for adding on miles as I choose.  I ran two miles two days ago, and will run three today.  Have a nice Labor Day, everyone.
                    Wildchild my  new avatar says Courage! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell. The penquin is about to blast the cymbles  above the head of sleeping polar bear  then run like hell!!!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Slo

Thanks for the Avatar explantion Sarge. I couldn't make out what was above the Polar Bear.

Yesterday.....22.64 miles 3:04:35

Splits:

Miles

1- 13 @ 8:25 avg pace

13 - 20 @ 7:43 avg pace

20 - 22.64 @ 8:01 avg pace.

I stopped at 12 miles to buy a water and eat a GU, Took another break at mile 20. Breaks not indicated in paces.

Today......5.5 recovery miles.....Gorgeous day here.

No big plans today except to avoid the kitchen......DW is painting cupboards.

Marathon Maniac #957

I dragged myself out of my comfy hotel bed at 6:30 AM,

Today I slept in all the way till 6:30 am....ahhh refreshing....

Slo_hand - sweet run!

Dg - greta job yesterday!

Lazy day for me today, just 3 recovery miles in a light rain with DD riding her bike beside me.  We found a stray cat (all black, made me think of Erika's Midnight), meowing piteously and let her follow us home, where I put some food out for her.  DH is mad at me now, because kitty is hanging around outside.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hello folks---nice long runs, fartleks, runs in new places---safe and scenic---sleep-ins and more

20k race today with some warm-up and cool down miles for 15.4 total n the day. Perfect day for a race---low humidity and 68-70º---New Haven 20k----well done race and also the National Championships for the 20k so many elites milling about as well. The official results aren't up yet, but I am very happy. I wanted 7:12 pace and hit 1:28:40 (my watch) for 7:09 pace. My first mile was in 7:20, so I just kept bringing it down a bit. Felt relaxed and strong the whole way. Dr. J and B were with me and they both beat their previous times as well for new PRs. My time was almost a minute faster than last year, so I have a good picture of where I am fitness wise. 

I have a work project to complete and then I am on for car pool duty to the hockey rink. All good.

evanflein

Holly has a new kitty!!  Don't worry, DH will get over it. Black kitties are the best, right Leslie?

Not sure if I'll run today or not. It's so nice out, and my legs feel fine so I might. But rest day is on the schedule. And housecleaning. *sigh* Hasn't happened in a long time and it shows!

King of PhotoShop

SLO, well done.  Spareribs
                              Slo

CNY.....Fantastic race.....you should be pleased. I really admire your dedication and work ethic. Definitly in the top of your class!

Thanks Ribs.......I'm quite pleased with how I've progressed since January.