Masters Running

Scale-back goal thread 8/27 (Read 280 times)

Tramps

Slow but sure...another half pound down this week.

Start = 160

W#1 = 158.9

W#2 = 157.8

W#3 = 157

W#4=  156.4

W#5=  156

W#6= 155.4

Goal <155

Ideal = 150

Your turn.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

Still treading water at roughly 127 (+ or - a few oz. every day).  Very happy with that as I've been snacking rather mindlessly.   It was all for good though, so onward to the end of summer enjoyment (which means losing more lbs!!!).

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Slo

Nice Job Tramps

I'd like to get under 160 before the Marathon. Training for it has me constantly eating so I try to keep lower calorie healthy foods around.

Hands down.....The largest calorie consumption I can cut is Beer and Ice Cream. And I have a very refined taste for both......No light beer or fat free Ice Cream in my house ! I have cut back on both. It's still two beers each night though. I'm down to Ice Cream 3x / week with only 3 scoops.

I'll see what Friday brings in the way of results.

#artbydmcbride

This lithe gazelle is still the same...no more, no less today.  Hopefully this weekend a pound will disappear.  Smile

Runners run

TammyinGP

I think I'm down a few lbs - although I'm not always a faithful weigh-in person each week. But this a.m., was a number on the scale that I know is about 4 lbs less than I was at the Seattle R&R marathon and is a number that I haven't seen since about the time I got married. I think I might be about 3 lbs more than I was when I got married - so that's almost 11 yrs ago.

Tammy

My weigh-in this week is not accurate.  It's going to show water loss due to excess sweating.  I'm probably 2 to 3 lbs. higher.  My 12 mile MLR with 2 mile repeats, definitely got the sweat factor max'd out.

Anyway, here's what it is and I'll weigh myself tomorrow to get a more accurate picture:

Weight at it's alltime worst before I took up running:  203 lbs. 

Starting weight:  180 lbs.

Week #1:  176 lbs. (corrected to 179 lbs.)

Goal Raceday Weight:  172 lbs.

Bill

ETA: yep, as expected, I weighed myself Friday morning (after a short and slow recovery run) and weighed in at 179 lbs.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I guess the no seconds diet is showing small signs of improvement.  187 this morning for sort of a surprise.  no run before hand or anything.  i think this is the lowest I've been able to report so far.

I'm not sure I can compete with Byll, though.  we both started at the the same point (203), but he's got 2" on me, so he was spread thinner to begin.  

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

My weigh-in this week is not accurate. 

I don't think mine is either.  I have been pretty good this week, eating lightly enough that I've been waking up hungry in the middle of the night (my solution to this is to drink some tomato juice and go back to bed), but the scale this morning said I was exactly the same as last week.  Hmmm.  I'm going to weigh tomorrow, too, and I'll pick the weight I like the best.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

My weigh-in this week is not accurate.  It's going to show water loss due to excess sweating.  I'm probably 2 to 3 lbs. higher.  My 12 mile MLR with 2 mile repeats, definitely got the sweat factor max'd out.

It's interesting.  During this little experiment, I've been pretty consistent in weighing myself everyday, first thing in the morning-.  I've learned two things from this:

1.  Daily weight varies significantly for no apparent reason.  2 or 3 pound swings from one day to the next are common.  The only way to be accurate about this is to average out weight over a number of days.

2.  I lose much more weight than I realized when I run.  This morning I weighed myself before and after my run.   After weighing myself, I chugged a 16 oz glass of water just before going out, drank a Fuel Belt full of liquids (4 x 7oz, I think) and still lost three pounds during a 12-mile run.  I'm always sopping wet after summertime runs, but I didn't realize just how much fluid I was losing.

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

There is a guy in my running club who just streams sweat while running and leaves a puddle when he stands.  We are having a contest to guess how much weight he will lose in an upcoming half marathon.  He will weigh in right at the start and end of the race.

He has lost 15 pounds in a race before!!  

Runners run

TammyinGP

15 lbs???!!!! That's crazy!!  heck, that even sounds downright dangerous - don't they weigh in runners who are doing some of these ultra's to monitor their weightloss? and if they end up losing a certain amount (not sure if it's a percentage of their weight or what?) they IV them with liquids?

Tammy

SteveP

208 lbs

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

Thanks for starting the thread and nice progress there, Tramps.

I'm dealing with an illness in the family and my mind has just not been focused on dieting.  I thought that this week would be disastrous, but I am only up a pound to 167.5.

My marathon is two weeks from Sunday and if I can maintain until then I will take it.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

MrPHinNJ - I hope your family member who is ill heals soon.  Good luck on your marathon!

I'm down 2 lbs today!  I thought that yesterday's weight was elevated, perhaps due to salt or other fluctuation, because I had been doing pretty good this week about reducing my intake.  I like today's weight better. 

At this point I'm only a 1/2 lb up from before my vacation.  That's still about 3 lbs higher than I hope to be for my marathon in October.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

161 lbs this morning.