Masters Running

Friday, April 16th Daily - for those of us not traveling! (Read 497 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!   I am guessing that many are traveling to Boston today - or at least getting ready to.   Have safe trips everyone.

Happy belated birthday Wannaberunner!

I didn't run today as it is my normal rest day.   I kind of wished I had though as it is a nice morning and the weather is suppoe to be quite cool again for the weekend.   I still have the warm apparel within reach though.

Happy Friday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I'm traveling tomorrow, early.  Tomorrow's run may not happen, but today's did.

Today was supposed to be a "4 mile jog" but I couldn't keep myself down to a jog.  9:14 pace.  I guess I'm just a teeny bit excited.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

lamerunner

'Morning.  Easy 4 in .... light snow. Looked funny with the baby leaves but it is really not that cold. I am one hour north of Boston, so for those traveling, bring warm clothes  for the weekend.

I had planned to do a bit more but got out the door late and flying solo with kids so had to cut it short to get DS to school .  Maybe a short swim later... to relax.

Legs feel fine,  but I am generally systemically tired. I will go get my number tomorrow morning then try to rest. DS has soccer game in  the afternoon but otherwise..

Safe travels and good runs to all! 

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

My boss is gone today, so I thought I might run home at lunch and try to start packing.  On the rare occasions I travel, I start piling things on my dresser in the last few days before I leave.  Then, usually on the morning I leave, I lay everything out on my bed to look it over, then pack it all at the last minute, so I can keep checking and double-checking to see if I’ve missed anything.  (just a little OCD showing here...)

I don’t want to check a suitcase for a 3-day weekend, but it is amazing how little room is left in the carry-on bag after I put in my running shoes/clothes/gear, blow dryer, hygiene supplies, and sound machine/clock....so if you see me wearing the same clothes the whole weekend, you’ll know why......

DD’s first soccer game is tomorrow at 9am.  Her team is showing some promise, so I think we may actually score a goal this season......  Afterward, we’ll come home, clean up, and head out toward the airport, stopping for lunch somewhere on the way.  I’m not sure if I’ll have any internet access over the weekend, so I want to say a quick good luck to the racers, especially Mariposai and DivechiefMari, I hope your allergies/cold eases up and allows you some clear breathing for your run.

Unfortunately, it looks as if this race is going to coincide with the 2-3 hormonally low energy days I go through every month.  One of those times I wish I wasn’t so regular in my schedule.  (sorry if this is TMI)

4.25 easy-paced miles for me today (ave 10:16).  Somehow I never have a problem going slow......

Safe travels, everyone on the move!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

The excitement grows!!  Can't wait to see all the Boston visitors.  the weather for the weekend does not look highly condusive to doing touristy things, so you won't have as much possiblity of weariing yourselves out before Monday.  Monday looks pretty promising, though.  Hope everyone's travel goes smoothly.  At least no one is flying in from Europe.

Due to a total lack of will power yesterday, when I could have done my run in beautiful 45º weather, I put it off and got to run the lake in 40º and rain this morning.  There's probably a lesson somewhere in there.  I will probably miss it.  anyway, 3.1 in 31 minutes.  Missed most of the puddles.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Holly, you won't need the hairdryer, the hotel will have one. Unless you need something fancy for that curly mop of yours. And I'm bringing my computer so we'll have internet access (free wi-fi there, too), so no worries.

I'm traveling, but posting anyway. (Hi Mary!  )

Sitting in the Portland airport, waiting to board flight to Boston. Lots of runner-types around here, imagine that. I've seen a couple of last year's shirt and the jacket from 2008. I dunno... I wouldn't want to advertise it so much. I guess I'm more low key or private in that way. Last year on the way home, there were a bunch of those bright yellow shirts on the plane. I just wear mine running.

Lamerunner, snow?? I'm leaving all that behind! Actually, it's amazing to think it might be warmer and more pleasant in Fairbanks Alaska than in Boston this weekend!

Looking forward to seeing you again, Byll! Can't imagine why you're getting excited. Geez, it's just a marathon, right? 

This is rest day for me, I guess, if you call all those hours folded up in a plane seat rest. I'll be glad to be done with the travel and walk around a bit. Ok, flight crew just went on, guess I'll get ready to go.

An easy little 3.5 miles this morning in the rain which turned over to a little snow at the end. Safe travels everyone. I'll be volunteering at the expo Saturday 1-4p with the Shamrock Running Club so hope I get to bump into some of you.

7 miles at 8:20 am with the middle 3 at mp----cloudy and sort of raw feeling at 42º, but no rain or snow (yet). Furnace came on at 2 am and woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep-----thank goodness I am taking the day off from work and will nap later. I did sew some new covers for pillows with the wee hours of the morning time. I may be a bit sleep deprived, but the decor looks spiffier now.

I am going into Boston on Sunday for a stop at the Expo and the gatherings. Run on Monday and then up to UNH directly from there for work on Tuesday. 

Safe travels to all the travelers and good luck 

Happy running, resting, and working out all---I'll catch you next week some time.

lamerunner

Erika; yes, snow. ...but it will warm up   a little.   Just coudy and raw now.
                    dg.

good morning! 

Mary, it is a beautiful morning isn't it!  

Bill, excited?  Can't imagine!    Since I'm not there in person I'll return the good luck hug you gave me last fall. (((( )))).     (not returning, I guess. I'm keeping mine.  I'm recipocating)

lamerunner I'm glad your legs are ok.... hope you really can get some rest.    And relax... sometimes we're still in overdrive during our down time.  don't think it helps much then.

Holly, OCD?  no idea what that's like.  .   Your cat doesn't get on your clothes?  Want me to send you some energy?  I don't have a lot right now but bet I will Monday.

Hi Erika!   happy travels.   I like it when you post mid trip.   I suspect I'd be like you re the shrits, but hard to say under those circumstances.  I feel silly wearing my other shirts anywhere, even though a couple I do like.

better get back to work.   my code is awful this morning.  Wink  

oh, went to the gym.  walked for 1 hr.   that is all, trying Erika's idea to spread things out more.  will do squats & things here, but I am being careful after Monday's Stoopid Fest.

Happy Belated Birthday WannabeRunner!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Hello everyone,

I went out for a 5 miles bright and early thismorning...long work day ahead and a red eye flight to Boston overnigh.

Hopefully will be rested enough by Monday!! Im traveling  with my kids so they kind of dictate my schedule but I'll go to theExpo on Sunday and hopefully bump into some RA folks  at some point! 

I'll be running in MM yellow of course!!

Good runs and good trip to all of us travelling!!!!

Francesca

I am going into Boston on Sunday for a stop at the Expo and the gatherings. Run on Monday and then up to UNH directly from there for work on Tuesday. 

just an easy little run on Monday right Karin??

I am so excited to see everyone on Sunday!!  today going in to the expo with my friend Kerri - want to get her something for her 1st Boston!!  tomorrow night - running group pasta party and dress rehearsal of our dance routine for the post marathon party!!

monday - think i am going to get on the T to the mile 20 stop after the volunteer bus brings us back to Boston - anyone know what Tstop that correlates to?   oh and i need to e-mail my friend who runs the human chains to see where Human Chain 3 will be standing ........... thinking for 2nd wave it's around the 20,000+ numbers

p.s. Holly - i agree with Erika - you dont need a hair dryer and can you wear your running shoes on the  plane and pack something less bulky in your suitcase?  just a thought.......

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

monday - think i am going to get on the T to the mile 20 stop after the volunteer bus brings us back to Boston - anyone know what Tstop that correlates to?  

Denise--I got this from the Pro from Dover when I was finding out where the master hung out on monday.

"Kevin,

I am generally at the 20M mark right at Comm Ave and Centre St in  Newton.  NE corner of intersection near the start of the carriage  trail.  Newton Center Green line stop is just south on Centre St.  1/2M or so?"

that's where I'm planning on heading.  not sure about the T yet.  I need to look to see what kind of parking might be around that area. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Best Wishes for all our Boston-bound runners and supporters!!  boston marathon Monday is always an exciting day for me also - as I track you all and have the tv at work tuned into the marathon. My boss knows i'm pretty much glued to the tv that morning.

had a nice 7.5 mile run last night while DS was at his football practice.

Tammy

Mariposai

Good luck Boston travelers. Francesca, I sure hope you bump to a few of our RA family at the expo. How fun for the kids.

I just had a fun chat with Holly on the phone. It is so great to have the RA family connection. We are so lucky to have this little world called "RA and Kickrunners"

Another 10 hours of sleep did wonders to my body. I am getting really ancy now about marathon tomorrow...so ancy that I am wearing my MM singlet and race shorts in the house  this morning since I am not going to work until 11.

Divechief, Paul and I are so looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Make sure you bring any goodies you want Paul to hand to you during the race. We should be in Wenatchee by 7am. Oh...and please make sure that we time for a toast after the marathon.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard