Masters Running

Wednesday January 16 Runs and Planks (Read 287 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I didn't run this morning, but I'm starting the daily anyway...Joking

DD shared her cold with me and I admit that I am fairly miserable with it.  I didn’t even run this morning, which gave DH pause – “Now I KNOW you feel like crap.”  I’d like nothing more than to crawl back into bed, but I am hopelessly behind at work and really can’t afford not to go in, so I’ll avoid contact with everyone there and shut the door to my office…..

2 minutes of planks was all I could talk myself into today.....

Stay healthy, folks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Gee Holly, I hope you feel better. It's too bad you can't take the day off. When you feel like crud, all you want is your pajamas and a nice warm bed.

Another non-running post. Sorry everyone. When I tried to put my running shoes on this morning, the pain going down my leg was too bad to even deal with it. I feel like I've been kicked by a mule. Might be time to seek some medical advice. Not that I don't trust you guys Wink

Stay healthy and upright everyone.

coastwalker

Mornin' Holly, Jlynne, and those still to post.

Sometimes, it isn't so good when family members share, Holly. Good luck dealing with your cold today - sorry you couldn't hide under the covers instead of going in to work.

Jlynne, I was hoping you'd be feeling better today after yesterday's counter mishap. That leg pain doesn't sound like fun - maybe an expert opinion is warranted.

Tslebes, I hope DW's shot yesterday is having some positive effect.

TW, glad you're back to the hardcore crew at the pool - so much for New Year's resolutions, eh?

5.6 racewalking miles this morning - 32F, no wind to speak of (so I won't), and lots of cloud cover. I haven't checked my pacing yet for this morning, but it sure felt like a good workout. I was surprised to not see snow coming down when I first looked out the window, and it was still dry when I headed out. Just a few flakes were floating down when I got back home. But when I looked out the window after I finished stretching (and doing my planks), the back deck was white, and the streets were too. Welcome back, winter!

Have a great day!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

That fall sounded nasty, Jlynne.  Might be a good idea to get it checked out.

Hope you're feeling better, Holly.  I take an extra long route from my office to the cafeteria and back, just so I I don't have to touch anything enroute.

Hi Jay!

We're waiting for winter to come back here to....the weekend's warm temps took out the last of the snow.  I'm not worried about slipping and sliding on a run any time soon.... the heel still hurts so I'm relegated to indoor activities until we have enough snow back to cross country ski.

1500m in the pool, with a slow start until I got the goggles seated well enough not to leak.  I think I need to do some more weight work for the shoulders, as the planks are taking their toll.  Will head to yoga class and the plank set after work in our gym here.  They offer yoga for free, so why not.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Tramps

+1

Got rained out yesterday by a relentless cold rain.  I just couldn't bring myself to get out there for my easy run in that mess.  Today was a little better, though still chilly and wet.  10 miles w/7 @ MP in a light rain.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

Hemerocallus, our local Winter Wellness program is offering free yoga and free training for three months as well. I am definitely taking advantage of the program.

If Tramps did not run yesterday was because it was VERY cold. Nice MP paces!

Holly, butterfly hugs to you my dear friend. Take care of yourself.I wish I can make you my cure-all chicken soup.

Well, I never took the time to run yesterday, but I did spend the afternoon making enchilada verde de pollo, the meat sauce for beef strogonoff and Hungarian goulash Big grin while chatting away with my dear pal. It is incredible how fast time flies when one is in good company.

Dear son arrived safely, we left the house at 5pm, drove 3 hours to Spokane, picked him up from the airport and drove back home. Now I too feel like a tractor has ran me over. Dead tired, but off to work I go happy that my son is back from Denmark.

It is Wednesday!!!! We are almost there!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

C-R, good luck with your achilles. Twocat, great that the inflammation in your ankle is gone.  jlynne, I'm sorry to hear you're not better.  It sounds like seeing a doctor may not be a bad idea.  Holly, bummer about the cold and working anyway.  mari, it's good your son got home safely.

Nice long runs for Mike and Tramps.

This morning, it was in the mid teens and there was a light wind.  I got in 4 miles at a 10:55 pace.  I'll soon be heading for Lansing.  It's time for the big semiannual sale at the running store where I've worked the last two sales.  It will mess up my running schedule but I've really enjoyed it in the past and am looking forward to it.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

...mornin' guys//.........thanks jay,

but I had to bagg the work-outs today to hall a mower in for a new gastank, and about 200-lbs of rx files for burning.....

=======

been trying some

new brace ideas,,

,,,,,,since The Leg often feels like it's ''coming apart''

I got some

Velcro Straps and Cinched the sucker up to ''hold it together''

having spent two years Researching various braces,

it's

often the Obvious that we overlook

luckily,

I have a Good Grasp of The Obvious......

we'll see what happens,

as soon as I'm able to walk without hobbling I will have ''Met My Goals''

to

phrase my

(Nice Word that means '' Useless'') ReHab PT

.................good running guys...............if it Hurts when you DoDat,,,,,,,,,DON' DODAT///////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Holly: I feel your pain. Doing the same thing - going into work and avoiding others.

Jlynne: If RICE doesn't work - see the doc.  Good luck.

Great job with the running and crosstraining to everyone else.

Day 3 of a cold...no run again today [except for nose and cough]...I hate winter.Angry  Hopefully tomorrow will be better - at least for the dreadmill.

Happy Hump Day.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

After getting some stuff done I am stalling here at work.  Work today is a loooong day.  I have a 6:30pm meeting that will go at least an hour.  That, plus my commute, means getting home around 8:30 or 9:00.  Oh well . . .

Mike E not to worry.  There will be no avatar change until I can race again.

Got up.  Looked at the weather map.  It was very colorful!  So I put on my TM running clothes.  I also peeked outside and heard the plink-plink-plink of rain drops landing on ice covered snow, about 4" of the stuff!  We were supposed to get 1" but nature I guess moved that cold front a bit further south than people expected.  To the basement I went for 5 miles while watching another episode of this past season's So You Think You Can Dance.  (Yes, actually I think I can!)  I have no idea how anybody watches it in real time.  The amount of fluff between actual dances is just unbelievable!  Let's hear it for the fast forward button!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Henrun

(((((to all those with injuries and the crud)))).

Have been feeling pretty good since the weekend. On Monday Marj took me out for 5 minutes of running and yesterday was my 1st run of the year(actually my first in almost 2 months)-1.5 miles + 1 mile of walking. Except for some stiffness I feel good. Guess the combination of  PT and acupuncture is working. Decided to rest today eespecialily with the return of winter.

Marathon Maniac #957

I didn't manage either of these today....as I was turning to leave for work this morning, the heel came off my shoe and my foot skidded off the top step and I fell down the flight of stairs to the front door.  Wooden stairs.  With tile at the bottom.  I cracked my head hard on the tile and my right rear hip/lower back hit the stairs pretty hard, but really, I feel fortunate that I didn't do more damage than that.  I distinctly remember thinking as I fell, "this could be bad."  Jeesh, what a day.  Could have been a lot worse, though.

DD, who witnessed it, came screaming down the stairs, shrieking dramatically as I tried to collect myself.  I think it freaked HER out more than me, poor thing. Where's the video camera when you need it....

Mariposai - wonderful that DS is home from Denmark!  I'll bet he will have some stories to tell you....

Jlynne - darn it!  Please keep us posted.

{{{ShadowRunner}}} - totally with you, bud....

TomWhite - hoping you meet your goals.....Smile....sooner, rather than later....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

....YAY henrun//////.........GoodRunning to Ya.........

you've worked hard enough for it.

[[[[[ jlynne ]]]]]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Oh my gosh, Holly.  Glad you're okay and didn't really hurt yourself.  That is scary.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Oh my God Holly, glad you weren't hurt badly, that could have been horrific.

Two Cat I am looking forward to seeing your new avatar.

We got 6+ inches of fresh white stuff today...so of course no outside run...plowed the driveway so that DW wouldn't have any issues then went to the gym and did 5 miles on the dreadmill - 38:20 (7:40) plus planks.