Masters Running

Startup Saturday (Read 313 times)

We (okay - Shorty) had to do so much prep work, it as ridiculous.  We joked that if he had to put anymore primer on, we might as well just paint it white.  And my poor flower bed took a beating from the painting (i.e., feet and ladder).  I decided to wait until next spring to bring it back to life.  Right now it looks really pathetic.

Any of you know much about painting houses?  We're have trouble with moisture on the right side of the front of the house, and there are areas where the new paint is already starting to bubble.  Some of these are where Shorty scraped, sanded, and primed before painting.  We can't figure out what the deal is with the moisture.  That wall is a bedroom wall, and we had the house re-roofed 2 summers ago.  But the weird thing is I sprayed off the dirt from today's planter dismantling, and when I got the paint wet on the area under the window and to the right, it looked like there was soap in the water.  What the heck?  I need to call hardware store where we got the paint and see if they know what the problem might be, but if anyone here has any ideas . . . .

Tammy - BIG congratulations to David and his successful year of running.  Looks like he's going to mature into quite the runner.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, mind sharing that marinade sauce?

Happy to share:

1/4 c. soy sauce

1/4 c. Worchestershire

1/4 c. balsamic vineger

1 tblspn Emeril's Steak Rub

2-4 cloves garlic

This is our favorite marinade for London broil - wonderful and tangy.  I like to score the steak and marinate 24 hours. Grill and slice very thin, always a favorite with a salad and a crusty bread.

Leslie - I love the transformation!  As a matter of fact, that color looks very similar to my kitchen.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

That marinade sounds yummy!

Paint Color: Millington Gold by Benjamin Moore.

The trim will be Rich Cream, and the door is going to be a really deep purple - black raspberry (Shorty doesn't know this yet).  And then I'm gonna paint that chair a bright purple.  It doesn't have a bottom, so next year I'm going to stick a hanging basket in the hole and plant petunias in it.  . . . hopefully, they'll live.  And I'm finding it's hard for me to kill fuschias, so I think that's what's going to go where the planter box was.  I think.  I'm terrible at laying out flower gardens, so we'll see what happens.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance