Masters Running

Columbus Crew -- Sorry I missed you (Read 230 times)

Like I said last night just hung low at the hotel after being sick for a few days.  figured extra rest and not getting anyone else sick was the way to go.

I was at the Hyatt from about 6:35 - 7:15 going back and forth between Lobby and a Back room  near the bathrooms (while making 2 - 3 bathroom stops) and did not see anyone that looked like you guys or anyone that looked like they were looking for someone.

Hope you guys had a good time a good races!

Me a little disappointed with a 4:01:01 (Hamstring issues for miles 10 on)

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hey there, that is still a 9 minute PR right? In your signature, is that a PR, or just a goal. Regardless, your time is a good one, especially not feeling very well. Super sorry Ya Missed meeting everyone, as that is a fun part of a race.--------A big - huge WTG. You have NOTHING to hang your head about at all. Most people could only dream to run a Marathon, and you did very very well, and I am proud of for you ------TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Just checked and Bill (Breger)  BQ'D ..... Damn Good Job!! 

Needed 3:45:59 and cruised in with 15 seconds to spare.

Timbo

Thanks the 4:10:08 was the PR --- 2009 Goal was Sub 4:00 and plan for this race was 3:45.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Marathon Maniac #957

Robert - sorry to have missed you.  Even though you didn't reach your goal, you still have a great PR, and especially having been sick for several days that's quite an achievement - great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on the PR, even if you missed your goal that's still a nice accomplishment!  Sorry you missed the gang. Maybe next time?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Goals are one thing, they're easy to re-set. Meetups with RA peeps though... that's a hard one to miss. Sorry you weren't feeling well but sounds like you got a nice PR today anyway!

Marathon Maniac #957

Robert - you might want to post the link to your race on the 40/40, too.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."