Masters Running

The Sunday Daily, 9.9.12 (Read 424 times)

Got back from my 6 miles this morning and my DIL van was in the driveway! That meant my grandchildren are here!! If any of you remember my son is deployed and his family was staying with us but they went to Tenesee to stay with her family for the summer. They are now back with us until our son comes home to pick them upSmile and take them home to GermanyCry Looks like he should be home sometime in October or early November. We all can't wait.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Congratulations, Jim!!  Great photos, and what a way to prove the doctors wrong - by running a 5k with your daughter.  How exciting is that?!?  It's really good to see you're progress.  Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing.

Enke - Sorry if I gave you  my carpy run mojo.

I decided to take today off . . . well, of running.  After church, spent a couple of hours washing/waxing/cleaning my car, then went around and applied primer to the house where The Hub has been sanding.  Now I know why people charge to so much to paint houses.  Ugh!

In June, I purchased a pair of Inov8 trail shoes (my third pair).  Yesterday when I went out for my run, I noticed the sole is coming off the right shoe.  Went back to the store where I purchased them, and even though I didn't have my receipt anymore, they're going to send them back to the company to get me a replacement pair.  All they ask is that I split the cost of shipping with them.  Yeah, I'll pay $4.50 to get my $120 pair of shoes replaced for free.  You bet.

Okay - Off to take a shower, eat, and get some transcription done. 

Later ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

First of all, thank you all for your concern, thoughts, and prayers for my family.  My DW's aunt died, yesterday as expected, and we'll be doing a double funeral this coming Thursday.  While it's really sad that these two died and all, it's even more sad the way the aunt's kids are behaving.  Their mother wasn't even dead and they were already fighting over who gets what.  Now, they're not speaking to each other and leaving all the funeral details to my wife who is still trying to deal with the whole thing herself.  It's pretty sad.

I also have to thank Jim L and TomS for making my day.  Tom--it is so nice to see your running improving with every run.  And Jim--WOW!  When I saw those pictures of your ankle and read how you vowed to prove the doctors wrong and all that---I thought, "well, yea--that's a nice goal and it sounds brave and all--but that guy ain't got a chance."  HA!  You proved me wrong!  I am so happy for you.  And to be able to run your first race back with your daughter...I'm telling you, I choke up just thinking about it.  So, anyway--congratulations to you both!

Nice marathon, yesterday, Posie!  It baffles me to think that you can go home after that and fix such a big dinner.  You are amazing.

My race, this morning went pretty good.  I was really hoping just to beat my dismal performance from last year of 1:47 something--maybe even get under 1:45.  I finished in 1:40:18...at least that's what I think it is...the official results have not been posted, yet.  Anyway--that got me 3rd in my age group.  So--I'm pretty happy with that.  The weather was perfect, too.  It really helped to have some encouragement from Hermosaboy, too--thanks Rob!

Oh--Starr--nice pictures.  I was considering driving down to do that race and try to meet up with you but, after checking my calendar, I'm supposed to be at a wedding up in Brainard on Saturday.  With all the times I go through Worthington to visit my son in Sioux Falls, we should really plan to meet up, sometime.

Okay--I think that's all I've got to say.  If I think of something else, I know where you're at.

Henrun

Posi, I'm injured again because I ran too soon- but, after several days of not running I'm bAck to where I was just before I tried running. Hopefully I'll be ready soon. To get me out of my funk I tried "retail therapy" today- bought another bike.

Marathon Maniac #3309

there's a guy with a stroller who's apparently staring at my butt...

I'm sorry...........butt that's funny Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mariposai

To get me out of my funk I tried "retail therapy" today- bought another bike.

You are soo funny, I was "nursing" a glass of red wine while reading your post and now the precious red liquid is all over my desktop 

Smiley cool 045.GIF

MikeE, while I would love for people to think I am a shero (we have hero, why not shero?) about running a hard marathon in hard weather conditions and then coming home to fix a great meal, I must admit...I made most of the meal on Friday nite as a way to work out the

pre-marathon jitters. 

Wildchild, my dear birthday sister, that guy was not looking at your butt...he was looking at your great muscles and physical fitnessSmiley cool04.gif

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

that guy was not looking at your butt...he was looking at your great muscles and physical fitnessSmiley cool04.gif

No Nancy.......it was her butt Blush.  Carolyn......awesome job, and great photos !

I had a good running weekend - 23 miles yesterday that felt really super good (cool out for once) I started off this morning and my legs felt horrible....about after a few miles I felt great. So 10 more miles for a 33 mile weekend Smile

Got my money's worth.....

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good thing henry isn't into auto racing or something like that.

hey rhoon.  you're probably one of the few people, except for everyone from BC who joins us every year, who wouldn't complain about the typical Seattle Marathon weather over Thanksgiving.  Maybe go visit mariposai,  . . I mean your parents, and then run 26.2 miles on your way back to the frozen North. 

Tramps...I can attest to the benefit of having a race on the calendar to motivate me to get out there and put in the miles. Still working on planning what this winter's marathon will be, but I've got to get one on the board.

ps rhoon - bring posie with you. Now that she's proven she doesn't need to train either, there's no way we're going to let Lake Chelan be her last  mary of the year!

I look tired in this one, but I think it's funny because there's a guy with a stroller who's apparently staring at my butt...

as a barefoot runner who has to watch his underfooting instead of the passing scenery, I don't know anything about it, but, if I did, I'm with one of the pros, timbo, about whether or not that's a butt stare or not.   In a triathlon a couple of years ago, I was coming off a descent at pretty high speed heading into a dangerous right angle, left-hand turn just while catching up to another cyclist from a prior wave, debating to myself whether to go for it or not but, when I saw the view, made it a point to slow down for safety's sake and hold off on this side of the turn from passing someone always as soon as possible for the first time in my life on a bicycle, . . and found out when I passed her on the other side, it was my IM mentor's GF. We still get a laugh out of it years later, especially since his initial interest in triathlons was triggered in 1980 before he even knew what they were when he went running by the transition area in one of our local ones. No wonder I love running so much.  

ps holly.  yay and boo. rats. darn it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay – nice racing!

Starr – nice pics!

(((Slo and Henry)))

Jim L – yay for proving the doctor wrong and congratulation to your DD on her first race, and nice pictures!

Hallar – glad you got some time with your grandkids.  Pictures?

Mike – congrats on your 3rd AG!

Sunday I painted the rest of the kitchen ceiling and then the bedroom ceiling.  The kitchen is almost done, just some under-cabinet lighting to finish it up.  Whew!  This has been a long project.

5 easy-paced miles for me on Sunday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."