Masters Running

Monday, 7.25.16 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Aamos, I love the concept of sitting with just a cuppa coffee and the Sunday paper and lazing a few hours away. But I fear it is never going to happen to this boy. Nice 15 miler in the 'cool' below 80 temps.

Great GS and NYT time for you, Jlynne! Which golfer (good or evil) showed up for you yesterday?

'Nother good run, Tselbes.

I think you are the canning queen, Mariposai - 3 boxes of peaches stuffed in those jars? Wow!

You'd be great at broadcasting the weather, TW!

A Big CONGRATS on the PW and good foot, Evanflein!

Sounds like you and the Mr. had a terrific day in Beantown, Marj.

Apparently those course marshals didn't know who they were dealing with, Tet. Congrats on finishing and beating everyone else in your AG!

Hiya, Robin.

Great photos, Steve. Mother Nature can be a feisty and powerful young lady, can't she? Too bad Tag left his wallet home and that you had to buy the ice cream.

I sounds like Holly is having a great vacation!

I read elsewhere that Leslie got 72 mi. done, so nicely within her 70-75 goal range. Woot! Woot!

6.99 (no scootch) hilly RW miles this morning. I had on my slow shoes this morning, so I had to work harder to keep up with myself. I tackled some short but very steep hills, and I did OK, but they killed me. I know, they're making me stronger. But they may wear me out first!

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Super fun run; loved the story and the photos Steve.  Thanks so much for some much appreciated joy.

And from you, too tet.  A joyful tri, for sure.

Great news Erika!

I think Jay called me lazy .........I cleaned all afternoon while listening (ha! what I did was really "active listening" at its most active form) to the Sox eke out an 8-7 win over the Twins.

Looks as if one of the victims in the shootings here was a promising basketball player, Stef'An Strawder, heading into his  senior year: 635945185675398052-All-Area-Stef-An-Strawder-01.jpg

I'm (at work) about a mile away from the Club where it happened.  Streets are closed with investigations ongoing.  My guess is not at all related to terrorism, but rather some kind of neighborhood/gang/school feuding.   The other victim was 14.

And my friend in Rapid City with brain cancer is in hospice with family only allowed at this point.

So again, thanks Steve, for the smiles today.

Make it a meaningful Monday, with all good wishes and no preachiness intended.  Just trying to hang in with some positivity.

hugs,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Amy - thanks for all your perspectives..
        No wonder we like running, and RA, so much.
        I hadn’t even heard about the baseball player one yet.
        Steve - now that’s what bare feet are for.
        5 miles.(11 days).
        It’s nothing like perch’s 12 years and ribs’ 50+ years of running and racing but it’s interesting to be getting an inkling of what it is like to be a real runner day-in-and-day-out as much as possible instead of just occasional opportunistic summertime running to keep in shape for winter skiing.  Thus, on the verge of  Sunday’s annual triathon, last week’s Thur/Fri/Sat’s runs lacked any motivation whatsoever except for the incentive of keeping on running for the DL’ers. 
        However, though I don’t think I’ve ever run the day after a race (unless there’s another race), I could hardly wait to get some early morning chores done today so I could do the morning ‘mute that’s becoming somewhat of a habit.  In fact, I'm surprising myself by sincerely kind of wanting to keep doing it for the rest of the month.
        Leslie - good job on running as many miles as I am old.  That’s a lot.
        I remember my friend’s comment after my first marathon:
        . . . “I’ve never walked that far.”
        Little did we know what innocently starting to run would lead to, did we?.   
        Good job. Hope it went well.
        AT 70+ miles, how could it not, no matter what

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tselbs - congrats on your race!

Tet - you had me nervous about the water portion, but you did GRETA!  And what is with all this streaking?  You sure surprise us all, all the time.

Glad to hear Holly is in Cancun

Another shooting, what is wrong with people?

I ran 8.1 miles on Saturday, it felt pretty good and I would have done a mile or two more, but I ran out of shady areas and I don't like the sun.

I cycled 19 miles with MBE yesterday.  I had not been on the bike in about 3 weeks, but it didn't feel hard.  I hope to go out today for 5 running miles.  Need to get back into 20-30 miles per week because the Portland Half will be here before I know it.

My son brought back peaches and blueberries from a trip East of the mountains.  I promised to make peach pie after they ripen a little.

I thought I had a good stab at 3 job opportunities last week, but that has dwindled down to one.  Rejection is no fun, and I am feeling anxious again.  Fingers crossed for the one opportunity still on my line.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tough waiting, Enke, but hang in--we all feel confident that you'll come up with the right spot.  And peach pie isn't a bad fill in.

It would appear that you're doing some relaxing, Jay--the morning recap wasn't until 8:30.

Tough times, small and large, Amy.  Respites of any type are always welcomed.  And luckily, easier to find around here.

Nice running, racing, riding, relaxing, and swimming over the weekend.  Please accept congratulations for whichever you participated in.

We had a busy weekend.  A one day trip up to Maine to finish our shutter project (and we both forgot to take pictures of the finished product).  Intense T'storms on the way home with the realization that we hadn't closed windows in the house.  We were meterologically very lucky, as the line seems to have completly missed our area.  Sunday's church of the long run was a very abbreiviated service--only 3.9 miles.  After a week without, it wa plenty.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Got my 5 miles in, but boy were they sweaty!  77 F at the end.  I know, that is arctic conditions for some of you folks, but 80 F is my limit for running.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Tet and Erika,

Great job you two!,,,,  It just  goes to show if you have the correct attitude  you can achieve your goals but you have to accept what is given to you on that day and be happy with it.

Not much going on here. I am taking a few days off to allow a nagging heal issue to get better some so I can make my final push for my Crim training next month. I have been pushing pretty hard and am just trying to be smart. It already feel much better so I don't see any problems. I am (supposed) to be on vacation next week I am Going kayaking and camping on a few rivers in the northern part of the state so that also should mean some great trail runs. I would like to be 100% for that if possible.

work calls,

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

SteveP

(((((Amy))))) I'm sorry to hear about your friend. 

Enke, our kids like pies made from both peaches and blueberries. They call it "Bleach Pie".

SteveP