Masters Running

Marathon Monday, April 21 (Read 821 times)

Good morning! After months of long runs, short runs, intervals, sprints, workouts, several pairs of shoes, injuries, races, getting qualified, arranging travel plans and everything else that is required, today is THE race.....BOSTON. While this is only one marathon in hundreds, this one has become famous for its' history, longevity, qualification process, and exclusivity. If the question was asked of non-runners on the street to name one Marathon, I would suspect that most would say "The Boston Marathon". From our ranks we have a great number approaching the Start Line today and our thoughts are with each of them. GOOD LUCK RUNNER FRIENDS.........we are privileged to know you, to have followed your progress that has gotten you to this stage, and now will be cheering for you today. If you did not get to see the picture of Amy that Bob posted last evening, do click on yesterday's thread. She will melt your heart with that cute, adorable smile. Thanks again Bob for sharing her with us. I hope YOUR day today is special. The race starts in waves, but 10 AM EST is when we need to start following the race results. Has anyone got the website that is giving ongoing race results? I would appreciate getting that information as I couldn't find it anywhere yesterday,. I am sure we will try to chat and post the race results today as it progresses. Be sure to get your run in today too. ON YOUR MARKS......for this race but also for a great week here at RA.
    Vista
      Sitting here in the hotel, fully dressed, bag packed, sun screened and body glided, breakfast choked down, number pinned on, Garmin fully charged (oops - that was actually a slight problem). Nothing left to do but relax and enjoy the day. Right? Thanks to everyone for sharing our excitement. I wish I knew how it was going to turn out... wbztv.com apparently has a feature where you can type in a bib number and they'll show a video clip of the finish line at the time that person came across. I haven't checked it out, but that's what they're saying on TV right now. Pretty cool.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

The race starts in waves, but 10 AM EST is when we need to start following the race results. Has anyone got the website that is giving ongoing race results? I would appreciate getting that information as I couldn't find it anywhere yesterday.
        http://www.bostonmarathon.org/2008/cf/Public/TrackingIndividual.cfm Good luck racers!
          http://www.bostonmarathon.org/2008/cf/Public/TrackingIndividual.cfm Good luck racers!
          (for those who are link impaired) ...butterflies... Ok, time to go to the bus. Yikes! -WRFB, on PDR's account

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Renee the dog

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Renee the dog

OK. Just found the Versus High Def channel (604 on DirecTV here in coastal NJ), so I'm all set. Kids are psyched! Dog will probably be going nuts. She gets irritated with dogs on TV, I can't imagine how jealous she'll be that she's not running with the Boston folks when they are on TV. Big grin

OK. Just found the Versus High Def channel (604 on DirecTV here in coastal NJ), so I'm all set. Kids are psyched! Dog will probably be going nuts. She gets irritated with dogs on TV, I can't imagine how jealous she'll be that she's not running with the Boston folks when they are on TV. Big grin
                Ummmm.......do you have a treadmill you could put her on?
                Vista
                dg.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks Skip. (hi!) thanks PDR. poor Renee.
                    By now the adreneline levels are off the charts and our friends are ready to have their day. The weather sounds like it's going to be fine. You guys have trained long and hard for this - YOU ALL ROCK!!!! Enjoy the experience, and we look forward to your posts later today or whenever you come down from your runner's high. Good luck to everyone! Big grin Jeanne

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning all Smile Thanks for starting us off vista the last couple of days...always enjoy your thoughtful posts. I am really excited for all that are running Boston...and I will be paying close attention the the progress of the race for all "our" runners. All those nerves will leave when the starting gun goes off. Is there a place where I can find the bib numbers for our racers....I'm sure there is, but forgot where. After a few days of being sick with a cold, I finally feel 100% again. I got a 16 miler in Sat, and 7.5 easy miles yesterday....always great to feel good again huh? And those adorable pictures of Amy and Bob Cool Have a great day all Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I am really excited for all that are running Boston...and I will be paying close attention the the progress of the race for all "our" runners. All those nerves will leave when the starting gun goes off. Is there a place where I can find the bib numbers for our racers....I'm sure there is, but forgot where. Tim
                        Tim:...........Here it is: http://www.twentysix-two.com/display/ShowJournal?moduleId=479191&SSScrollPosition=0 This is going to be fun.
                        Vista

Marathon Maniac #3309

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Ummmm.......do you have a treadmill you could put her on?
                            Great idea Vista, but no, no treadmill. I'm an outdoor only runner. What a couch potato does while waiting for the race to start: I just figured out if I don't get any slower, I will be able to qualify for Boston in 12 years. Just have to age into my race pace. Wink

dg.

oh yay. bib list is printed, I'm already for work.
                                Guess I picked a good day for my extra day off this week: I'll get to watch the marathon on Versus for a while and can DVR it to watch the finish later. Good running to everone today. Cross-training for me today with my first biking session of the year later this morning.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"